ELO hell is real

you cannot climb when you lead your team to water and they keep taking a dump in it
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    ELO hell is real

you cannot climb when you lead your team to water and they keep taking a dump in it
    Truer words were never spoken.

Trying to rank up my Support, and it's been the equivalent of punching through a concrete wall with
    nothing but your bare fists. If it's not some extremely toxic players, it's also incompetent dps players
    who consistently lose the "Shoot Pharah Game", with the odd thrower mixed in. Literally trapped in
    the undeserved rank I'm in because of other people.

Fun game.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2020-06-05 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Truer words were never spoken.

Trying to rank up my Support, and it's been the equivalent of punching through a concrete wall with
    nothing but your bare fists. If it's not some extremely toxic players, it's also incompetent dps players
    who consistently lose the "Shoot Pharah Game", with the odd thrower mixed in. Literally trapped in
    the undeserved rank I'm in because of other people.

Fun game.
    Then how come I'm able to rank up?

Quote Originally Posted by Indara View Post
    Then how come I'm able to rank up?
    The luck of the Matchmaker RNG draw.

I believe RNG plays into it, but it’s not the only thing holding someone back. I climb and fall pretty regularly, but I seem to hold between 2480-2740 range pretty easily. The only time I fall way below that is if I get so triggered I just play “my way” and don’t help the team while I just go “no, fuck you. I’m not happy and I’m going to stick to Zenyatta against a Widow, Doomfist, Winston, Brit, or any other counter, or combo counter the team might have!”
    When I say I believe the RNG exists, I mean I feel like when you reach a point where you are climbing past what the game’s algorithm has you placed at, you have a higher chance of being placed with a team of players on the downward trend. Conspiracy theory that to keep you at your skill level the game assisgns you to people that have had a recent trend of losing SR in an attempt to get you where you should be. If you drop too far, you start seeing better people on your team. Once you are where you “should be” (obvious quotation marks), the game starts giving more balanced RNG in yours and your opponents teams. If you play your characters well, then the algorithm starts placing you higher.
    That stated, it’s all tinfoil hat on my part, but I don’t believe that RNG is the only thing holding people back.

the sr is not rng based... i am consistently diamond every season... i place close to or in diamond on my new accounts...

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    the sr is not rng based
    Correct, it's the match making system that is.

All my matches go either one of two ways.

1. We steam roll the other team making the win feel not as earned

2. We get steamed roll to the point where the team just says to let the team win to get the game over with.

I guess I'm right on the line of the next rank group? and I'm going back and forth?

Quote Originally Posted by music49 View Post
    All my matches go either one of two ways.

1. We steam roll the other team making the win feel not as earned

2. We get steamed roll to the point where the team just says to let the team win to get the game over with.

I guess I'm right on the line of the next rank group? and I'm going back and forth?
    Idk, I feel that is the case in most FPS games where people have had long enough to get pretty decent at the game and there aren't many upsetting factors. CS:GO, Overwatch, starting to see it in Valorant. Matches where the team are evenly matched are pretty rare. It happens more often in games like LoL, because the sheer number of combinations of champions and imperfect persistent information make it hard to steamroll unless the skill gaps are enormous.

Correct, it's the match making system that is.
    Matchmaking is not RNG. They've said so themselves, they just havent said how they've tuned it.

It's clear that you get winstreak and losestreaks in this game. When you get your losestreak you keep getting grouped teams and smurfs etc. Sure you could still win, but they stack the odds against you (like having your dps be support mains playing their 5 necessary placements etc)