15+ Year Old Account
    My "drunk" account: 6x afk bots in their spawn with silver (moving/jumping to avoid afk kick), while legit players are standing still at the cap cos of the bots while getting kick warning for being inactive.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account
    HeyMe01, HeyMe02, HeyMe03... isnt enough of a sign for BLZ's anti-cheat.
    Look, BLZ make great games. The downside is they never ever done something against cheating unless it will impacth the revenue.

Such a simple thing as WoW fishing bots? When it became such a prominent cheat as to impact the entire economy, then they implemented the first measures.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game threw me so much trash (aka bad teammates) that it knocked my down to the 1800s, which I've almost never
    fallen to before.

I legitimately want to strangle the retard who designed this garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    this game really needs to be more punishing towards passive tanks...

tank just stands at choke... then everyone's taken enough pot shots to have their ultis... he starts running in and then he just fucking stops and turns back... resulting in 5v6...
    almost as bad as the healer that leaves me to die against 2 others as mcree while they have their ult after i just killed 4 people
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

ulti and nobody follows up
    As is the life of Overwatch. I just try to communicate more, otherwise the games are still fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    And so despite every effort, I've now fallen to the 1700's bracket. The quality of teammates
    is so infuriating. Like no matter what role I pick, this game refuses to let me climb. Just
    completely refuses.

----

Edit

Now it's got me pigeonholed in the 1600's. And it's really true, not matter how well you do,
    if you have bad teammates, it doesn't make a fucking difference.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2021-06-03 at 04:38 PM.

lol... tried playing a game... people are so fucking bad at this game... i don't understand how they are so bad at the game... hog hooks someone and they get help to stop hog from killing them and then the dps starts flaming hog? fuck off and shoot the hook target so they don't survive... fucking morons...
    shoulda seen my match yesterday where 2 hogs were trying to hook and kill a bastion while me (mercy) and moira kept them up. after they finaly killed them, their mercy flew right into their face, began the rezz and they just walked past her. we lost after that cause then the bastion ulted and killed me and the moira. to say that people have the game sense of a potato is an offense to potatoes
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    And so despite every effort, I've now fallen to the 1700's bracket. The quality of teammates
    is so infuriating. Like no matter what role I pick, this game refuses to let me climb. Just
    completely refuses.

----

Edit

Now it's got me pigeonholed in the 1600's. And it's really true, not matter how well you do,
    if you have bad teammates, it doesn't make a fucking difference.
    it really is a shithole if you get that rank, it really is. I've managed to mostly stay clear of it, now I mosly hover in the 2300-2700 area. If I drop down lower than 2300 these days, I just log off and play another day.

I understand your frustration, cause at that bracket its so many bad players. The few times i've been at that bracket, i've made sure to have a premade group to climb.

On topic: Games lately are going ok. I've been playing dps alot lately(tierd of tank/heal always), and for some reason im either dogshit or freakin awesome with soldier. Like yesterday I was rocking it with soldier, tonight I was bad. So I changed it up and went support for the remaining games tonight.

Most games are allright and most people are friendly enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    nice... thinking i should maybe play last games for the roadhog skin...

first game i join... say hello on voice and someone screams at me to go back to the kitchen...

second game i call out an ult and then people start flaming me for "being an egirl"...

third game there was 2 people duo queuing telling me to suck their dicks...

blizzard seriously need to crack down on these people...
    I'm vocal AF in game, call shots etc and rarely experience any sort of misogyny that isn't in retaliation for me telling someone to stop playing like garbage. Honestly it's far more tame in Overwatch than any other game in my experience. What SR bracket are you in?
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm currently at 2999... games have been mostly diamonds in the range of 3000-3200 and plats in the range of 2800-2999...
    Ah gotcha. Mid masters seems to be the cutoff for *most* of the toxic manbabies. Usually after placements I don't have to deal with anything in the way of that kinda garbo, but I haven't rolled a fresh account since season 17 or so.

Most gamer boys seem to have trouble taking constructive criticism in any capacity, and when it comes from a woman it's like a double-dose.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Femininity View Post
    Ah gotcha. Mid masters seems to be the cutoff for *most* of the toxic manbabies. Usually after placements I don't have to deal with anything in the way of that kinda garbo, but I haven't rolled a fresh account since season 17 or so.

Most gamer boys seem to have trouble taking constructive criticism in any capacity, and when it comes from a woman it's like a double-dose.
    How do you even get out of bronze in placements. I had won all 10 matches, had 4-5 golds each match, was well above my averages for each character played, finished last season at 1899, and started this season with a 1450. It made no sense to me. I normally have no issues making it to silver then gold, but the amount of leavers, smurfs, and ridiculous selfishness so far, I am down to 1100. Probably going to stop playing this season.

I fell to Gold last season and it was the most toxic garbage imaginable trying to climb back out. It's a black hole of throwers, smurfs, and leavers.

This season I left all chat channels and am deep into Plat, almost Diamond. There is zero toxicity in my gameplay now, it's actually incredible. I recommend it to anyone trying to climb when all else doesn't seem to work.

Not too terrible, I guess. After falling from around 2600/2700 a few seasons down to silver at 1800, I’ve slowly been climbing back up. Around 2140 right now I think. Just sucks that I somehow fell that far after hanging around low plat since I started when the game came out to now being this far down. Maybe I’ll be back one of these days. (Almost exclusively main support as tanking is a headache 98% of games and damage queue is too long)

Competitive in this game is a lost cause. Every game I play has smurfs at this point. I'm not by any means good but I do enjoy playing the game. I noticed most of my games play out the same way. A smurf trying to tank their rating on my team just dies over and over again. The other team has multiple smurfs on it who crush myself and the other low ranked people on the team. When the match is seconds away from ending and they know they've got the win you see sometimes up to 4 people on the other team quit right before the clock expires. I'm guessing if you leave you don't get credit for the win. They don't even want to win games, they just want to ruin other people's fun. I've been playing Competitive for a couple weeks now and 2 nights ago will be the last time I try it. It's the most pointless and frustrating gameplay experience I've ever had.
    You know the thing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my healing RQ has been completely garbage. Generally a mix of brain dead tank, brain dead dps, or sometimes both.
    But of course, blame the healer when your garbage Zarya constantly runs into danger when they fail to peel for the backline.

Its kind of amazing how in 30+ seasons the game continues to fucking suck in terms of it's competitive play.

I recently switched to a new mouse and saw an immediate improvement in accuracy, but for some reason I was just as bad as with the old mouse the following day. Could muscle memory also work against us in this regard? That when we pick up an objectively better instrument we do great with it at first, but fall back to old bad habits once we're used to it?
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

I've see a ton of harassment by smurfs lately. If someone call them out for being smurfs or potential cheaters they encourage everyone to report that player for throwing. Seen it go on for hours a day the last couple of weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hungrydingo View Post
    Competitive in this game is a lost cause. Every game I play has smurfs at this point. I'm not by any means good but I do enjoy playing the game. I noticed most of my games play out the same way. A smurf trying to tank their rating on my team just dies over and over again. The other team has multiple smurfs on it who crush myself and the other low ranked people on the team. When the match is seconds away from ending and they know they've got the win you see sometimes up to 4 people on the other team quit right before the clock expires. I'm guessing if you leave you don't get credit for the win. They don't even want to win games, they just want to ruin other people's fun. I've been playing Competitive for a couple weeks now and 2 nights ago will be the last time I try it. It's the most pointless and frustrating gameplay experience I've ever had.
    The only thing you can do is report them for gameplay sabotage. Watch your replays carefully for aim assist/no recoil users and report them for cheating as well. I know for a fact they will be banned. I usually report a few every week and I get the same amount of reports of bans for each name I reported. I guess they can just rebuy the game or they have multiple accounts already, but action does take place.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Level 6 after a few matches; I feel like I'm playing with/against toddlers who don't understand the concept of how the game works, though. I had way better matches in open beta and the stress weekends.

Are the servers mixed? i.e. do PC players play against XBone and PS4 players? That would explain the sheer number of people who appeared to be struggling to turn fast.
    hey I am also on Level 6

I just started playing overwatch, I'm on Level 2. It's one of my fav games right now. I found overboostpro to boost my rank faster. Useful tool for players, I can ask pro player to play instead of me and get higher rank and achieve all in-game goals. Now playing game is even more entertaining.
    Last edited by olivs; 2022-04-22 at 07:54 AM.