1. #1

    Role queue, but i miss the Real queue

    For me this is an example, how developers fail to develop a mechanic. Instead of forcing a free playerbase into roles, they could develop a queue where you get replaced into games where ppl left. Some sort of leaverq.

    Overwatch needs to get their old queue back. I dont mind having a role q and a free queue. Why do they always have to take away, so the majoritiy thinks of it as an evolution?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Ive been playing this game since its beginning and that roleq destroyed more than one can imagine. Also there are several different things they can improve. F.e. New maps, even new heroes, skill swap, a talent system or visible items?
    There is no logic behind a roleq when the heropool is that low.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Additionally, ppl still troll. You wont teach ppl to not troll, by locking their pick. Its only making it worse + one cant swap to heal or dps, when others clearly are trolling or underperfoming

  2. #2
    Herald of the Titans Battlebeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,757
    So, you prefer games without tanks or healers? That ruins it completely. People always enjoy dps most, simple as that.

    2-2-2 isn't perfect, but yet it's a way to ensure some quality. Never again do we see games without healers or tanks, and it makes it absolutely worth it.

  3. #3
    Over 9000! Freighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Daegu, South Korea
    Posts
    9,285
    Role queue was probably the best thing ever. I can finally actually pick the role I want to instead of picking a role because nobody else picks it because I want to win.

    Like, I know how to play all roles due to flexing before but it wasn't fun, but I also didn't want to lose.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I can finally actually pick the role
    It is role queue for DPS slot. But there is no role queue for off tank or main/shield tank.

    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    2-2-2 isn't perfect, but yet it's a way to ensure some quality. Never again do we see games without healers or tanks
    Well nowadays the enemy may have bunker comp but own dps plays double sniper.
    In the past you could switch and try to overrun the enemy with more dps....

  5. #5
    Role queue should have forced 1 tank 1 healer and 4 flex, this version is redundant, tedious and boring.

    The only people who really like it sucked at the game anyway and begged for it as an excuse for their ineptitude.

  6. #6
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    20,555
    Quote Originally Posted by daliric View Post
    Well nowadays the enemy may have bunker comp but own dps plays double sniper.
    In the past you could switch and try to overrun the enemy with more dps....
    Except you could have been playing against that same bunker comp, but with them with a third shield tank, while your team had both double snipers AND some other useless DPS instead of tanks and healers to boot.

    If you're losing because your DPS wont switch to something useful, then at least it's painfully apparent to everyone that that's the case. The Widow that's been emptying their clip into Rein's shield all game can't say " lol then switch to junkrat!" when you're the only healer complaining about useless DPS anymore. Now, they're the DPS clearly not doing their job, probably because their pick is terrible.

    That might not get them to switch, but it pretty squarely puts the blame on them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    Role queue should have forced 1 tank 1 healer and 4 flex, this version is redundant, tedious and boring.

    The only people who really like it sucked at the game anyway and begged for it as an excuse for their ineptitude.

    The only people that dislike the new system are people that don't know how to play tank and healer, hate having to wait longer in the DPS queue so they can play a sniper badly, and don't like that they now get rightly blamed for their poor choices and lack of skill.

    See what I did there?

    I like the change, not necessarily because it controls the enemy's team comp, but because it controls the comp and picks of the team I'm playing on. It doesn't matter how good of a singular healer or tank you are, you can't pull five other braindead idiots playing tickle DPS heroes poorly to victory against an enemy team running a legitimate comp.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-12-10 at 10:22 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  7. #7
    same but i think its because blizzards failure to balance around the dumb heroes they added
    brig and moira

    both were created so plats could kill genji and tracer without aiming, when in reality the game was super fun when high skilled heroes could carry game, now its all about ult usage and your tanks have to be good, dps is almost a none factor ( this may suprise people in plat who play tank and blame dps but tanks are more important)

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The only people that dislike the new system are people that don't know how to play tank and healer, hate having to wait longer in the DPS queue so they can play a sniper badly, and don't like that they now get rightly blamed for their poor choices and lack of skill.

    See what I did there?
    I mean I absolutely knew I would aggro the people I named.

    Even if there were merit to your contention and there isn't, I've been playing more tank than DPS this season.

  9. #9
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    20,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    I mean I absolutely knew I would aggro the people I named.

    Even if there were merit to your contention and there isn't, I've been playing more tank than DPS this season.
    I mean I absolutely know what I said would aggro the DPS mains who don't know how to pick a hero.

    Again... see what I did there?

    And if you're playing more tank than you did... good. It's working. It means you're being useful to your team, instead of probably denigrating the team comp because you wanted to play a sniper the team didn't need.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I mean I absolutely know what I said would aggro the DPS mains who don't know how to pick a hero.

    Again... see what I did there?

    And if you're playing more tank than you did... good. It's working. It means you're being useful to your team, instead of probably denigrating the team comp because you wanted to play a sniper the team didn't need.
    I'm GM on every role but healer where I'm masters(peak just scraping 4k.)

    I've never not been useful to my team.

    All you are doing is being obnoxious for the sake of it because you don't like people disagreeing with you. Get a grip.

  11. #11
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    20,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    I'm GM on every role but healer where I'm masters(peak just scraping 4k.)

    I've never not been useful to my team.
    And now everyone else can be sure of that, now that you wont be picking snipers instead of the tank or healer your team needs.

    All you are doing is being obnoxious for the sake of it because you don't like people disagreeing with you. Get a grip.
    I'm pointing out the nonsense of your argument. Glad you picked up on that.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  12. #12
    I am Murloc! Zuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    5,644
    It might be worth to experiment with Quick Play. The suggestion of 1 tank, 1 healer and 4 flex could be good for at least that mode.

    Oh well, I've mostly been playing Mystery Heroes even before role-queue went live. Even as it's more prone to imbalance issues it's forced me to learn some heroes I never wanted to play previously. Thanks to this I've gotten much better with them, even so much that I find playing them enjoyable. Ultimates feel more precious too, since they zero out every time you die.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    snip
    It is quite clear that you have no idea what my argument even is. It is that I preferred variety.

    Honestly you are behaving like someone who has PTSD.. from Overwatch, most of the contents of your posts is about an experience or collection of experiences that you have that you associate with me for no real reason.

    PS: My playing more tank has nothing to do with role queue and everything to do with the fact that I enjoy the gameplay of sigma.
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-12-11 at 12:57 PM. Reason: edited to be nicer

  14. #14
    OP prob prefers the days of when you could have multiple of the same hero on the same team. hated those days lol everygame being 3 rein/ 3 Bastions

  15. #15
    Honestly this is a double edged sword, and Classic benefited the skilled but punished the mediocre - while RQ still benefits the skilled, it punished them with longer queue times. The mediocre players (Also the majority) got higher quality games because of this though, so in the end it's a net positive. I just wish I could have shorter queue times again without having to constantly queue up as tank. I play support mainly, and the amount of times I'll get 5 - 7 minute queues is a bit stupid, those are DPS queue times. It's not really acceptable to have these queue times in any role, really, it's QP not Ranked.

    But I digress, I still enjoy the game regardless - but I wasn't bothered enough by Classic to not have it gone and pushed to arcade. Maybe if they added a permanent tick box on the QP menu to disable RQ, that'd satisfy those who want to play like before? I dunno.
    "Your name was stolen? I see... Well, I guess that happens from time to time..."


  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    Role queue should have forced 1 tank 1 healer and 4 flex, this version is redundant, tedious and boring.

    The only people who really like it sucked at the game anyway and begged for it as an excuse for their ineptitude.
    That's a good idea. It would be nice to get an extra shield to protect the last checkpoint or some extra damage to break that bunker. Especially if you have a really good healer on your team. 2-2-2 is just boring. And I am still dealing with leavers almost regularly. Not as bad early with 2-2-2, but it still close to every other match.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotanks305 View Post
    OP prob prefers the days of when you could have multiple of the same hero on the same team. hated those days lol everygame being 3 rein/ 3 Bastions
    Pretty sure that was in beta and specific game modes. I don't recall that being live outside of the arcade.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    So, you prefer games without tanks or healers? That ruins it completely. People always enjoy dps most, simple as that.

    2-2-2 isn't perfect, but yet it's a way to ensure some quality. Never again do we see games without healers or tanks, and it makes it absolutely worth it.
    Basically, I share your opinion... But when I think about the length of the queues with this new system, I honestly can't tell which one is worse...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •