10+ Year Old Account
    D.Va isn't core to dive, she's was late to the party and replaced Zarya after getting "fixed". Same as she wasn't core to 3 tanks until her armour/HP buffs. Later she was the hero to be replaced by Sombra. Winston, Tracer, Genji and Lucio were, and remain the core to dive.

End of the day, what makes D.Va strong is her mobility more than anything. It's the subtext to every complaint "she dives on me and blows me up", "She dives on me from nowhere and sticks DM in my face".
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-09-11 at 06:05 PM.

So, in queue, game loses connection, figure screw it, game didn't pop, called it for a bit. Log back on a few hours later, noticed my SR fell about 55 points. I also didn't have a ban active (maybe ran out while I was offline).
    So, a few things: if you are in queue and DC, try to get back onand get out of queue. It also seems like maybe leavers are getting punished a little bit more (didn't leave, and as far as I knew I would leave queue after going offline before a game pops).
    Not even complaining, live and learn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    So, in queue, game loses connection, figure screw it, game didn't pop, called it for a bit. Log back on a few hours later, noticed my SR fell about 55 points. I also didn't have a ban active (maybe ran out while I was offline).
    So, a few things: if you are in queue and DC, try to get back onand get out of queue. It also seems like maybe leavers are getting punished a little bit more (didn't leave, and as far as I knew I would leave queue after going offline before a game pops).
    Not even complaining, live and learn.
    There's a weird few moments after leaving the queue before it actually leaves the queue, for this reason if I cancel a queue I always leave it a few seconds before exiting the client; it takes a little longer if you DC. If you DC in those moments and it finds a game, then you get the whole leaver penalty, first is a 10 minute suspension so if you went of to do something it probably expired while you were doing that.

I've heard of this a few times, I guess there's a bug that causes you to DC when it finds a match. There's a similar one that DCs people between rounds I've seen happen loads of times, and it happened to me a couple of times too.

___

And as for tonight, was really nice. Groups were fairly quiet, won 3-1, the loss was super close, they eventually won in OT in fourth round Route 66. And while I got reported apparently for AFK/Trolling whatever in the first game (still warming up, I'll admit I didn't start sharp), I did finish on fire with a flourish and both sides recognised that After that I just relaxed and enjoyed it, got a card or two. The buffs to Widow were absolutely spot on, feel so much more confident now, and she's a lot more fun not having to wait around to get some elevation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    And as for tonight, was really nice
    share your luck please, 1-13 tonight so far

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    share your luck please, 1-13 tonight so far
    Don't think my 3-1 makes up for that! I'd go play some FFA Deathmatch.

I'm glad that they fixed the Deathmatch reward bug. If I get Chateau then Junkrat almost always gets me in the top four. It's more hit or miss in the other maps, though due to how open they are and the difficulty in finding fights...

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'm glad that they fixed the Deathmatch reward bug. If I get Chateau then Junkrat almost always gets me in the top four. It's more hit or miss in the other maps, though due to how open they are and the difficulty in finding fights...
    So only getting a box for being #1 was a bug?
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    So only getting a box for being #1 was a bug?
    Yep, thankfully!

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Yep, thankfully!
    Nice! Stopped doing it because I thought that was an actual change.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Struggling to make time to play as much OW as I want, and they go and shorten the seasons. Sad face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I really don't even play this game anymore. Unsure why I still have it installed.

Oh well.

15+ Year Old Account
    I turned off mic and all chats when I did my first placement match. I'll probably continue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I turned off mic and all chats when I did my first placement match. I'll probably continue to do so.
    Yeah I feel you. Every season I go into it saying "I'm gonna try and get as high as I can." And every season I realize how terrible it is. The raging, trolls, leavers, dps mains that refuse to play anything else. As a support main I love healing with any of the healers(although Mercy is boring to me), but competitive has worn me out because I can't climb as a healer because I rely so heavily on the rest of the team and all they want to do is DPS, and not even do that efficiently. I'm 1 win away from getting my gold weapon at the end of the season, then I'm quitting competitive and just playing what I want in QP/DM. And if I do play comp, I'm playing dps til my hearts content. Healing is a thankless job in comp.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

15+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. I often hear that the ideal solution is to just play with people you know, and are good. The problem I have with this is consistency. Sometimes, I don't want to play, and sometimes they don't. Syncing up schedules with someone who I like playing with is difficult. You'd soon get to a point where you're essentially interviewing people to be your friend, because if I'm going to play a game like Overwatch with someone I would prefer them to be able to laugh off mistakes and not take the game so seriously. I get that it's competitive, but I see these guys on youtube who have friends who die in a team wipe 3-4 times over and just laugh about it. Because at the end of the day it is just a game. Nobody is playing for money to feed their kids or pay rent. The stakes aren't high at all. I could see the process of finding people who mesh with you becoming a lot like an interviewer looking through job applicants, which would quickly become tiresome and depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I don't think they so much need to change tracer/genji, they just need heroes that can stand up to them. Particularly healers. Give us a short-range burly Paladin healer archetype. One who's got 250-300 total health (perhaps some armor portion), largely melee-range focused, with at least one good defensive tool. Make their healing short-range and relatively low, maybe in a cone burst with a 10-15' range, so their total healing potential is comparable to Lucio (rather than Ana/Mercy; making them tough AND a strong healer is too much). Give their attacks some measure of AoE or spread, but all short-range, with the goal that they can A> help with a slow push with a Reinhardt protecting them, or B> murder the hell out of flankers who dive them. The lack of range is the weakness; you can pick them off from range without them being able to fire back.

Right now, the big issue is that the mobile flankers can dive ALL the supports and get easy kills, and then pull back out safely. The only real hope right now is seeing/predicting their approach with tanks and/or DPS, and focusing them down when they strike. And the healers can't swap to counter this. A healer designed to counter it directly, while introducing a new weakness, is the better long-term fix IMO.
    You can't invent a hero that counters genji or tracer properly unless you give them aimbot on distance, which kind of makes them OP. You need to change genji and tracers mobility, you can't have a hero that can deal with their mobility as they'd be too strong against those who don't have their mobility.

I don't think they so much need to change tracer/genji, they just need heroes that can stand up to them. Particularly healers. Give us a short-range burly Paladin healer archetype. One who's got 250-300 total health (perhaps some armor portion), largely melee-range focused, with at least one good defensive tool. Make their healing short-range and relatively low, maybe in a cone burst with a 10-15' range, so their total healing potential is comparable to Lucio (rather than Ana/Mercy; making them tough AND a strong healer is too much). Give their attacks some measure of AoE or spread, but all short-range, with the goal that they can A> help with a slow push with a Reinhardt protecting them, or B> murder the hell out of flankers who dive them. The lack of range is the weakness; you can pick them off from range without them being able to fire back.

Right now, the big issue is that the mobile flankers can dive ALL the supports and get easy kills, and then pull back out safely. The only real hope right now is seeing/predicting their approach with tanks and/or DPS, and focusing them down when they strike. And the healers can't swap to counter this. A healer designed to counter it directly, while introducing a new weakness, is the better long-term fix IMO.
    Why don't you just play better and stop complaining

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    You can't invent a hero that counters genji or tracer properly unless you give them aimbot on distance, which kind of makes them OP.
    Is Symmetra OP? Winston? Mei? Hell, Torbjorn, if you want a REAL aimbot?

You need to change genji and tracers mobility, you can't have a hero that can deal with their mobility as they'd be too strong against those who don't have their mobility.
    Which is why you ensure they have other weaknesses. Like a short-range kit that leaves them vulnerable to anything mid-range and further out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    I'm doing just fine, thanks. I'm just proposing a Rock to Genji/Tracer's Scissors, since all the healers are currently Paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    Ah, "git gud!" the classic of all arguments. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Ah, "git gud!" the classic of all arguments. :P
    I mean, "git gud" is a potentially valid response. But here, I was suggesting that support players have valid counterplay options, rather than being wholly reliant on their teammates. We expect tank and DPS players to swap to counter the enemy team's composition. I'm suggesting we have a diverse enough healer layout that healers can also do so.

I mean, "git gud" is a potentially valid response. But here, I was suggesting that support players have valid counterplay options, rather than being wholly reliant on their teammates. We expect tank and DPS players to swap to counter the enemy team's composition. I'm suggesting we have a diverse enough healer layout that healers can also do so.
    Ah reminds me of my game today. I was getting wrecked as Zenyata, then Mercy half a dozen times, everytime through a successful flank. Not a sneaky one, mind you. Just them taking another route. Instead of once looking at anything other than the payload, my teammates mentally prepared for the lovely "how about you heal?" after the game. Oh, it was glorious...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.