Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Do you mean the portraits displaying the stars of a player (when pressing tab) ? It does seem like a bug. My computer is rather new and I get this from time to time.
    Yeah, I only see the number. But it isnt just from time to time, it's like 80%+ of the games for me.

So here seems to be a clarification to the whole one-trick banning malarkey:
    http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/11/...ro-every-time/

"A situation surfaced on Reddit involving a one-trick player who simply refused to play because they didn’t get their Torbjorn trick, an action that resulted in a ban for the player that was first thought to be related to one-tricking a hero. It was found that the situation was more about holding your teammates hostage and being inflexible with your hero picks when your main is taken, an offense that an Overwatch community manager said they’re discussing internally."

Now that sounds more sensible for a bannable offense.

Just played out my placement games... 3-7

Had 2 games in a row with a Junk/Bastion duo and they refused to switch and we got shit on by a pharah both games. Also had 3 of my last 4 games with people going double sniper and refusing to switch. And 4-5 of the games had a leaver on my team while no enemy teams did.

Did have a good game to finish it off tho. We managed to push 1/3 of the capture on point B of Hanamura on attack and someone on our team left. We had an extremely tense defence but we managed to hold point A with a player down.

Now to not play Comp until next season where ill suffer through placement games once again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    So here seems to be a clarification to the whole one-trick banning malarkey:
    http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/11/...ro-every-time/

"A situation surfaced on Reddit involving a one-trick player who simply refused to play because they didn’t get their Torbjorn trick, an action that resulted in a ban for the player that was first thought to be related to one-tricking a hero. It was found that the situation was more about holding your teammates hostage and being inflexible with your hero picks when your main is taken, an offense that an Overwatch community manager said they’re discussing internally."

Now that sounds more sensible for a bannable offense.
    Yeah, just waiting for Blizz to confirm that's actually the case. It was for someone who admitted it, but somehow there's a big chunk of the community who think Fuey could do no wrong. I mean shit though, if I was playing Top500 and getting matched with him all the time - as I expect happens in that tiny player pool - I'd get sick as shit of having to build around him all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yeah, just waiting for Blizz to confirm that's actually the case. It was for someone who admitted it, but somehow there's a big chunk of the community who think Fuey could do no wrong. I mean shit though, if I was playing Top500 and getting matched with him all the time - as I expect happens in that tiny player pool - I'd get sick as shit of having to build around him all the time.
    And honestly, if someone got tired of his schtick and snagged Torb before he could, and Fuey threw a fit and wouldn't play, then he deserves all the ban for that kind of nonsense.

It's one thing to heavily prefer a hero and focus on them. It's another to fuck over your team because you didn't get your way.

That sounds like they are talking about Xul and not Fuey.

I don't know why people are trying to intentionally confuse the two.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    That sounds like they are talking about Xul and not Fuey.

I don't know why people are trying to intentionally confuse the two.
    Here we go again. The Blizz post talks about multiple incidents with multiple players, so it's clear Fuey was caught up in it, likely off-stream, maybe even on an alt account.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    After investigating a number of the cases that have been surfaced over the past 24 hours, we can confirm that the system is working as intended.

None of these were simple cases of “one tricking” or off-meta hero selection. These were examples of behavior intended to disrupt Competitive Play. As such, the punishments will stand.
    Full post here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...ge=38#post-752
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-11-13 at 07:00 PM.

Blizzard either needs to redesign the rating system or they need to redesign the matchmaking system. I don't understand how like half the people even are at the same rating as me as they are nowhere close to me in skill level, they're playing like bronze players or worse even though playing at high plat/low diamond.

These are the type of players I've been queued with so far this month:

Bastion, genji jumped up above him and just stood right above him, shooting him to death over 10 seconds. He just spun around instead of looking up.

Tracer throwing her ulti on reinhardt and recalling right into it several times over a game.

Mei blocking off herself from killing people when she caught 3+ people in the ulti because they didn't know how to fucking cancel the wall.

Junkrats just sending their ulti in and explodes it on a winston bubble, orisa shield or rein shield. Several times.

DVA who doesn't use E, ever.

DVA who just drops the ulti right where she stands.

Reinhardt ulting several times into orisa shield.

Widowmaker not even listening to sounds, teleported right behind her, stood around for 5 seconds and did the hello emote, still no reaction and then shot her to death. How did they not hear the teleport, wtf?

Genji ulting and running towards me, not dashing, ever. He was just running towards me, didn't even get to me before he died.

Symmetra placing the turrets in paths people never went.

Met mccree who ultied even though rein shield was nowhere close to breaking, he was just standing there until his ulti wore off.

Met a junkrat who constantly pushed himself off the map in Lijiang Tower.

Played with a Torbjörn who put his turret in a spot where it could only shoot at people very briefly when they passed the spot.

Played with a reinhardt who told us to pick 3 healers because he's not going to shield, he'll just run in and swing.

Played against a roadhog who as far as I know only ever tried to throw his hook right into reinhardts shield.

Played against a McCree who somehow flashbanged me and then didn't hit me even with 1 hit from fan the hammer even though he was right next to me.

Played with a genji who would start his ulti, dash in and die instantly because he went in solo vs 6 people and then scream at the healers.

Played against a hanzo that seemingly never participated in any kill in the game, he didn't ulti either.

Played with a zarya who would use her shields on CD.

Played against a winston who would jump in our reaper and shield and die instantly. Every time he respawned.

Played against a mercy who just stayed on the ground during the ulti.

Played with a pharah who seemingly didn't know you can fly longer than just the time you get in air with shift.

How the fuck are these people at 2970-3050?

What the fuck is this matchmaking or skill rating system? Why are these people not bronze?
    Last edited by Player Twelve; 2017-11-13 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    ...How the fuck are these people at 2970-3050?

What the fuck is this matchmaking or skill rating system? Why are these people not bronze?
    I have no idea what's going on... I was 2700+ two seasons ago... I didn't play comp at all last season and did my first 10 games over the weekend. I won 9 out of the 10. The only loss was a teammate leaving during the first round. I still played it out but we were out gunned and it ended quickly. I thought I'd at least be in the 2k range... nope 1174. No idea how it came up with that. Good news is it should be easy to raise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not in bronze because they bought a boosted account, bought a boost, got a friend to boost them, did their placements on a new account with only custom/arcade modes played and went with high rank players... There's a lot of ways to get your SR manipulated and put well above where you shouldn't be. The mid-ranks of this game are absolutely plagued with players boosting "friends" accounts either by playing with them or just playing on their account directly. Blizz have no way to pick up on it as yet, and so the market for it is huge because there's literally zero risk.

They're not in bronze because they bought a boosted account, bought a boost, got a friend to boost them, did their placements on a new account with only custom/arcade modes played and went with high rank players... There's a lot of ways to get your SR manipulated and put well above where you shouldn't be. The mid-ranks of this game are absolutely plagued with players boosting "friends" accounts either by playing with them or just playing on their account directly. Blizz have no way to pick up on it as yet, and so the market for it is huge because there's literally zero risk.
    Yeah, that's probably it after going into recent players and checking previous seasons ratings. Many of them seem to never have been above 2000 in previous seasons despite playing since season 1, a lot of the offending people are at 1400-1700 in previous seasons and now suddenly are playing high plat/low diamond?

edit: Someone who was at 1300 in season 2, 1400 in season 3, 1200 in season 4 and season 5 he was high master?
    Last edited by Player Twelve; 2017-11-13 at 07:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And honestly, if someone got tired of his schtick and snagged Torb before he could, and Fuey threw a fit and wouldn't play, then he deserves all the ban for that kind of nonsense.

It's one thing to heavily prefer a hero and focus on them. It's another to fuck over your team because you didn't get your way.
    he'd have been fucking his team over because he wasn't getting his way even if he did pick torb and no one went out of their way to support him because everyone else wanted to play a different team comp

also how to get sombra potg: hack & kill bastion & mercy rofl

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ended the horrible weekend on a win streak to get back over 2700. First game of Monday night, literally a guy on Doomfist jumping off the map repeatedly as we get steamrolled.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME?!?!?
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Ended the horrible weekend on a win streak to get back over 2700. First game of Monday night, literally a guy on Doomfist jumping off the map repeatedly as we get steamrolled.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME?!?!?

Shortly, the matchmaker is at odds with the game itself. Swapping heroes mid round is the biggest core mechanic to OW, completely different from other games and thats what sets it apart. But personal SR rewards NOT swapping. This tilts people to jump off maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Museigen View Post
    Shortly, the matchmaker is at odds with the game itself. Swapping heroes mid round is the biggest core mechanic to OW, completely different from other games and thats what sets it apart. But personal SR rewards NOT swapping. This tilts people to jump off maps.
    Being an asshole who cant control their emotional state like an adult is what causes people to tilt. Any thing else is just an excuse to cover bad behavior.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-11-14 at 01:18 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Being an asshole who cant control their emotional state like an adult is what causes people to tilt. Any thing else is just an excuse tocover bad behavior.
    True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Watch this video from RagTag on the banning of fuey the Torb one trick, it pretty much speaks my thoughts on the entire issue. I don't agree with one tricks who don't switch off when requested but the way Blizz went about this is going to cause them and us a lot more problems in the end. Watch it all the way through as he hits on a lot of points of which I feel are all valid.

If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Deleted
    Pretty lame right now.

Struggling to enjoy it so I'm giving it a few days. Had an evening of "I really wanna try playing more Winston and Orisa" but having to fill healer because nobody else would.

I don't usually mind, I enjoy every healer in the game right now but the one night this week where I had a real goal and focus and I get stubborn, uncooperative team-mates who are dead silent when I'm asking if they mind if I play tank but loud as a fog-horn if I don't res them. I can't bring myself to be that guy who just picks what he wants, I'd rather fill to win but apparently even that wasn't enough to help the grown-up children I ended up getting queued with.

Dropped to below 2600. I was at 2900 last season, half my placements had leavers and throwers and the other half went alright, but alas only 2 were wins, 2 were draws and 1 was a loss so I placed 2650 (From ~2880) and have gradually been falling.

It sucks hard to see hard work get rewarded and then to have it taken away because of bad luck and uncooperative people.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've only had 2 legitimate losses out of 10 games, most of which have been losses. Literally all the others have at MINIMUM one person who throws by picking a sub par character, no one saying anything to them, then they just don't do anything on purpose while typing bullshit in chat. I've reported more people per game tonight than the entire history of the game. It's just escalating at this point. Why do any of us even play anymore?
    BAD WOLF

When you see 5 people ahead are dead and tell the team as Lucio, "Let's group up." and you stop and Rheinhart runs by you, around the corner and down the steps to the temple control point and dies, then tracer runs by and dies, then Mercy runs by you and dies and you are like, "What the fuck is wrong with you?"