Loving Mercy because of her abilities to move around at ease (at least when teammates know at how to position). I miss the old ga momentum but hey, the new one has so much potentiel when used properly (e.g reaching a ledge when a zarya is doing a rocket jump).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

10+ Year Old Account
    300 points down during the week-end, already 200 almost back up on monday

Seems this cycle keeps repeating itself. However in Silver-Gold it really seems a question if i can carry them or not. People rarely listen not to picks but to flanking them or not. People rushing in through the same path. Honestly if i could i think i would even turn of team chat, beyond getting annoyed by comments and venting back at them i rarely see much good in there.

People who swap will swap on their own accord, those that don't won't adjust anyway. Those that listen, listen to ping cmds well enough those that don't won't read the text or listen to you anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not in game, but squeeee.

Want a Sombra one now.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty lame tonight, a lot of really bad premades trying and failing to carry. Made a few nice plays though, and didn't lose too much SR; guess the punishment for reaching another new season high :/

https://plays.tv/video/5a25dc287baac...aker-lifesaver
    https://plays.tv/video/5a25dbd0e36cb...kill?from=user
    https://plays.tv/video/5a25db4f858df...kill?from=user
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-12-04 at 06:50 PM.

2 games in Numbani where a Widow was allowed to stand in the same spot the whole time. Ask for a shield, call out where she's at every push, people get picked left and right. I'm just so stunned by it. It's hilarious watching so many tanks and people try to trade shots with her while she has the high ground and they stand in the open.
    Why are these my teams lately?

- - - Updated - - -

Why are people so opposed to shield tanks in my games lately? Every game Zarya/DVa with Hog, if I even have 2 tanks. Is there some nerf to shields everyone knows but me lately?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just did my placements after taking a break for 2 seasons. The quality of those placement matches were just outright terrible. Every match was a spawn-killing stomp and 3 of them I had leavers. Ended up going 3-6-1 and the system dropped me from 2700 to 2200. Which is odd because in previous seasons the placements had way less of an impact.

So now I'm stuck with players who are below my skill level because the placement system completely failed. Ended up completely wrecking people in the next 4 games I played and I've climbed 100 already. Like, one of those games my team won with 5 people. I wish that Blizzard would just completely scrap the placement system and just let people start the new season where they left off.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    2 games in Numbani where a Widow was allowed to stand in the same spot the whole time. Ask for a shield, call out where she's at every push, people get picked left and right. I'm just so stunned by it. It's hilarious watching so many tanks and people try to trade shots with her while she has the high ground and they stand in the open.
    Why are these my teams lately?

Why are people so opposed to shield tanks in my games lately? Every game Zarya/DVa with Hog, if I even have 2 tanks. Is there some nerf to shields everyone knows but me lately?
    Lol match on Horizon last night, we're defending with Rein, and myself on Orisa, they had a Widow and she still got like 3 picks to take point A because people can't resist over-extending. I'm like "Guys, we have 2 barriers, you have no excuse to get killed by Widow..." Advice was taken and we held B really easily, then went on to take A and B on attack before I could even get my Self Destruct for DVa.

If you're short on barriers, especially on defence, be the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    nope

reinhardt orissa and winston are just meta and these steaming hot fresh piles of horseshite are too cool to be meta. I can't tell you how many times i've seen someone pick torbjorn on defense and we'll have 2 tanks:

Roadhog and DVA

If I met people like this in real life I'd probably beat them to death with a tire iron because I am 100% sick of their bullshit. You don't deserve to be able to queue for competitive games if you're that stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    nope

reinhardt orissa and winston are just meta and these steaming hot fresh piles of horseshite are too cool to be meta. I can't tell you how many times i've seen someone pick torbjorn on defense and we'll have 2 tanks:

Roadhog and DVA

If I met people like this in real life I'd probably beat them to death with a tire iron because I am 100% sick of their bullshit. You don't deserve to be able to queue for competitive games if you're that stupid.
    DVa is very meta. But I agree, she does need a barrier tank to complement her on Defence which is why my relative Orisa hours have increased significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Lol match on Horizon last night, we're defending with Rein, and myself on Orisa, they had a Widow and she still got like 3 picks to take point A because people can't resist over-extending. I'm like "Guys, we have 2 barriers, you have no excuse to get killed by Widow..." Advice was taken and we held B really easily, then went on to take A and B on attack before I could even get my Self Destruct for DVa.

If you're short on barriers, especially on defence, be the difference.
    I'd love to, honestly, but most of my games (about 95% of matches I'm on support). I've thought about switching to counter her, but 1 of the games I was solo healing and the other game had a Zen with me. I've told people I'm willing to swap roles and/or asked the other healer if they can solo heal or pick a different healer to solo heal on for the 1st point and I'm always met with resounding silence. Except for the 1-2 players complaining about healing when they get 1 shot lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can’t overcome the lack of barrier with your healing, then maybe it’s on balance just worth taking the barrier Tank and seeing if someone will pick up healing. People don’t talk, but they do react if you just go ahead and switch. In truth, they’d probably appreciate that you’re taking the barrier, most players are aware and prefer that over DVa/Roadhog/Zarya combos; just not everyone is confident in their competence with them.

If you can’t overcome the lack of barrier with your healing, then maybe it’s on balance just worth taking the barrier Tank and seeing if someone will pick up healing. People don’t talk, but they do react if you just go ahead and switch. In truth, they’d probably appreciate that you’re taking the barrier, most players are aware and prefer that over DVa/Roadhog/Zarya combos; just not everyone is confident in their competence with them.
    I've had previous games where I did that (announcing to the team of course), just for people to only notice 1 min later and start complaining about no support. Then went on to say they'd report me for trolling (funny as how no one would go support) and then complain we had no healing and I get blamed for the loss.
    Just not worth the aggravation, rather sit on support and keep talking to the team about possible swaps and keep telling them to not overextend past a corridor to not get picked, just to watch them get picked and laugh.
    One choice makes me aggravated, the other I can at least chuckle about at the absurdity of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    if that was the impression i got from people and it was actually difficult to play a hero like reinhardt, i wouldn't get as tilted. but i think most people just think they're too good at the game to be on barrier duty no matter what they say.

i'm guilty of this myself but at least i have an established record of consistently higher performance. plus playing reinhardt is pointless if your DPS are stupid unless the enemy team is stupider, but relying on the enemy team to be stupid is not a game winning strategy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    if that was the impression i got from people and it was actually difficult to play a hero like reinhardt, i wouldn't get as tilted. but i think most people just think they're too good at the game to be on barrier duty no matter what they say.

i'm guilty of this myself but at least i have an established record of consistently higher performance. plus playing reinhardt is pointless if your DPS are stupid unless the enemy team is stupider, but relying on the enemy team to be stupid is not a game winning strategy.
    I think people don't play Reinhardt for two reasons, they either underestimate how hard he is to play effectively in terms of getting the Swing:Barrier ratios correct, and sure, think they're 'too good' for that. Or, they appreciate exactly how hard it is and just don't want that responsibility. A bad Rein is terrible, a good one is absolutely terrifying. It's the strange part of gaming attitudes, there's an odd disdain for Tanking/Support and it's why the Silver carry is so often given over to those roles because 'it's easy'. Kinda sad, because it costs so many games.

Honestly, it's why I prefer Orisa for me, she's a little more forgiving in doing the defensive job, but she isn't going to make the aggressive match winning plays. At this level, the former seems more important.

Just had a game with a Widow. Was getting no picks and asked multiple times by the team to switch. Finally replied and stated "I'm playing her to get better, I don't care about SR." We all responded that's what a QP is for, and again responded don't care. I can only hope the team reported the player for poor teamwork.

The reason people are doing Zarya/Rhog/Dva is because of Moira and Mercy, Moicy. Keep large health pools alive all day, Rhog handles his own healing and then you take a consistent dps.

Personally speaking I like having a shield tank when I play Moira though.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

I love players who pick Moira and then brag she has gold elims, obj kills, and healing. Yeah, she's made for that, especially when used properly and either solo heals or has someone other than Mercy with her.
    Other than that, just played a game where my team instalocked support. 1 on Mercy who tunnelled the person they queue'd with, and one of TGOSE Moira's who focuses on damage more than healing.

Tomorrow league starts, and the blizzstore has team apparel starting tomorrow
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    2432SR now, some dubious games but won all the same last night. Hopefully can get 3-4 net wins in the next few days to get Plat. So close.

Weird thing I noticed in the climb, with the grouping system players above 3k can't come down to this level, but from just below that you could see them all the way down to 2k; obviously a 2.8k player has a massive impact down there, but much, much less around here. They really need to sort that out.

Also really struggle at this level healing, I tend to have an awesome round 1, then round 2 I just get focused to death and become totally unable to function. Think I might see about learning some Moira this weekend, the mobility seems really nice.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-12-06 at 12:07 PM.

2432SR now, some dubious games but won all the same last night. Hopefully can get 3-4 net wins in the next few days to get Plat. So close.

Weird thing I noticed in the climb, with the grouping system players above 3k can't come down to this level, but from just below that you could see them all the way down to 2k; obviously a 2.8k player has a massive impact down there, but much, much less around here. They really need to sort that out.

Also really struggle at this level healing, I tend to have an awesome round 1, then round 2 I just get focused to death and become totally unable to function. Think I might see about learning some Moira this weekend, the mobility seems really nice.
    Moira ability is awesome with staying alive from dive comps. If a Winston dives on Mercy she's at the mercy (sorry, no pun intended) of having someone in LoS to fly to. Moira can Shift away and watch an aggravated Winston try to follow or stand upset in his bubble. Same with DVa's. I've also gotten decent at getting out of Rein's charge path and slams.
    The worst I've encountered is when I am on Mercy and ask my team for help from the divers and I get responses like "if you can't handle it then don't play support." Yeah, great attitude from a team game.

So far this season, pretty much been a letdown. Focusing support last season with the odd tank or damage pick thrown in, I climbed up to 2700+. This season I'm struggling to stay between 2400-2500, and the only thing that's really changed are my teammates.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I've ever reported as many players in one night as tonight, the number of people actively throwing matches was unreal. All of them in two stacks. Got to a new career high of 2475, then lost it all and dropped back to 2376 because of it.

One of the wins as well was fucking stupid, put with a 5 stack, we're like 70SR on average higher than the other team, it's a total stomp, I play really well but for what? 19SR, just a fucking joke and waste of everyone's time. Why make such imbalanced matches? No one enjoys it and no one gains anything from it. I just end up feeling cheated out of 5-10SR because a closer match would award that much more.