Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    So posted earlier my former GM / M friend did my placements for a laugh a few weeks ago and I received 1700 for 9 wins 1 lose.

I've just done comp with him for his placements, 1 win, 1 draw 8 losses, 3400

This previous season effecting MMR bull shit needs to change.
    If 10 placements affected your rank substantially then ranked would be even more of a shitshow. This is how any ranked system works, even LoL

Quote Originally Posted by GrillGates View Post
    I went from Silver to Platinum solo queue,getting out of Silver ain't hard.
    Also switched main at 2.6k SR and went down to 2k SR and now i switched back to my old main to get back up to Platinum and went from 2098SR to 2400SR just yesterday.

I also blame the system when im mad,but in the end of the day you'll realize that it's not the system but you.
    It's just to hang in there,get better and learn how to "carry" some of the games by picking the right target,get the 1-2 kills before rushing point and make a difference.
    The issue I have with everyone who says "carry a team" is that they always talk about playing damage. Even watching comedy/informative videos on YouTube, with people dropping down to talk about why people will never climb, they are always doing this as damage. Even on the YouTube vid I watched, the guy doing it ONLY played support, and maybe with an odd win or 2, the majority were losses (obviously to showcase the playerbase for the topic).
    The takeaway is this: if I want to climb solo queue the "easy" way, I need to pick 1-2 mains as damage (usually along the lines of Tracer, Genji, McCree, and/or 76), get as good as I can with them, and say piss off to the team. Instead of picking a support (a role I actually enjoy and can play well) where I am at the complete mercy of my team's abilities to flank/focus/protect the way they should without suicide charging/jumps, I should instead be playing those damage since I know how to prioritize targets more than my team. In a team game, to "easy" climb, I need to not pick what the team needs and instead pick what I can play as damage and carry the teM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went from Silver to Platinum solo queue,getting out of Silver ain't hard.
    Considering the luck I have with this system, it will be for me.

I also blame the system when im mad,but in the end of the day you'll realize that it's not the system but you.
    Except that it isn't me. I didn't get suddenly forget how to play, how to aim, character vs character match ups,
    map awareness, etc. So then it must be the system.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The issue I have with everyone who says "carry a team" is that they always talk about playing damage. Even watching comedy/informative videos on YouTube, with people dropping down to talk about why people will never climb, they are always doing this as damage. Even on the YouTube vid I watched, the guy doing it ONLY played support, and maybe with an odd win or 2, the majority were losses (obviously to showcase the playerbase for the topic).
    The takeaway is this: if I want to climb solo queue the "easy" way, I need to pick 1-2 mains as damage (usually along the lines of Tracer, Genji, McCree, and/or 76), get as good as I can with them, and say piss off to the team. Instead of picking a support (a role I actually enjoy and can play well) where I am at the complete mercy of my team's abilities to flank/focus/protect the way they should without suicide charging/jumps, I should instead be playing those damage since I know how to prioritize targets more than my team. In a team game, to "easy" climb, I need to not pick what the team needs and instead pick what I can play as damage and carry the teM.
    Well i play tank and that works well for me.
    And also play Ana,Moira,Lucio etc and you can easly kill people if you're well above their skilll level as it seems if you deserve to be higher than the rating you're on! ;D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Considering the luck I have with this system, it will be for me.

Except that it isn't me. I didn't get suddenly forget how to play, how to aim, character vs character match ups,
    map awareness, etc. So then it must be the system.
    Maybe if you play 5 games the "system" might "fuck you over" by having super bad luck.
    But if you play 50+ games you can't really blame the system for not going up in rank mate.

Maybe you're not just as good as you think you're?
    You must gain control over your gold or the lack of it will forever control you.

Well i play tank and that works well for me.
    And also play Ana,Moira,Lucio etc and you can easly kill people if you're well above their skilll level as it seems if you deserve to be higher than the rating you're on! ;D

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe if you play 5 games the "system" might "fuck you over" by having super bad luck.
    But if you play 50+ games you can't really blame the system for not going up in rank mate.

I just realized I'm arguing with someone who hasn't even gotten to an SR I've obtained in the past and how they've are talking about carrying a team. Think I'm done here for now.
    Just a further example of MM being screwed up: I just won a game at Hanamura with 4 damage, 2 support. On my downward streak, that's my team. After that streak ends anencephaly I start climbing again, it becomes my team as I notice the enemy is now going thru what I just overcame.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just realized I'm arguing with someone who hasn't even gotten to an SR I've obtained in the past and how they've are talking about carrying a team. Think I'm done here for now.
    Just a further example of MM being screwed up: I just won a game at Hanamura with 4 damage, 2 support. On my downward streak, that's my team. After that streak ends anencephaly I start climbing again, it becomes my team as I notice the enemy is now going thru what I just overcame.
    We're not arguing,i just replied to your post that it works for me to climb as tank and not as a DPS hero such a genji/tracer/soldier etc and that it's possible to carry with support heroes too.
    And also what me and the other dude were talking about was Silver rank. Of course you can carry your team on that level if you're a high Diamond player>
    And of course it doesnt work the same on higher ranks.

Now enjoy playing your your much higher than me SR and have an wonderful day!
    You must gain control over your gold or the lack of it will forever control you.

7+ Year Old Account
    slowly coming back to the game, and did some FFA matches.

and moira is deadly.
    got a quadruple kill with her ult in one match, then in the same match i got this
    https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/UniqueUnequaledBufeo

dont ignore moiras people.
    the very next match i was like by 9 kills ahead of everyone.

moira is amazing.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    yes she is very amazing because she requires no mechanical skill to play

its like playing an easy mode soldier who is already notoriously easy to play lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    yes she is very amazing because she requires no mechanical skill to play

its like playing an easy mode soldier who is already notoriously easy to play lol
    You might as well say no one requires any "mechanical skill" at that point then.

Moira is easily the 2nd hardest healer to play I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Yeah, it is.
    No, if you're consistently going down then you're not supposed to be at the rating you were at. I have had dips but I've never stayed down, I've gone back up again. I have no idea why people are so obsessed that it's the system and not them when they're dropping that low.

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    No, if you're consistently going down then you're not supposed to be at the rating you were at. I have had dips but I've never stayed down, I've gone back up again. I have no idea why people are so obsessed that it's the system and not them when they're dropping that low.
    Because all humans only see life from their own perspective and no humans easily accept blame or responsibility for personal failure. It is always easier to attribute failure to external causes rather than accepting personal mistakes. The kicker is personal improvement only begins with acknowledging personal error.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sure as fuck can when I consistently get the same "quality" of teammates that I have gotten.

Out of ten losing games, maybe 2 or 3 were with people who were competent, we just didn't
    have what it took to beat the team. Those aren't the losses that upset me. And these kinds of
    losses are unfortunately, not common.

The ones I get significantly more (ala the 7 or 8) are with the "general" crowd of trash that ruin
    competitive for everyone : throwers, leavers, trolls, but the more common types are the "refuses
    to swap", the 1 tricks, and the ones who don't work with the team.

Keep your immature, snarky comments to yourself okay? I've never made any grandstanding
    opinions of myself being anywhere close to being a master, grandmaster, or whatever higher
    ranking.

I know the people who player better than me, and they are usually found on the opposite team.
    The ones that play *worse* than me, are unfortunately, the ones that keep finding themselves
    on my team. So playing with a handicap nearly every single game? Not as fun as you'd think.

No, if you're consistently going down then you're not supposed to be at the rating you were at.
    Yes, this is bullshit and remains bullshit. If what you were saying is true, I would've been
    knocked down to this ranking waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before the current season. Yet it was
    only until the Comp season took a shit dive in quality (about season 5) where suddenly,
    I am now dropping in ranks and no longer finding the quality of matches I had in previous
    seasons.

Therefore, yeah, its the system.

I have had dips but I've never stayed down, I've gone back up again. I have no idea why people are so obsessed that it's the system and not them when they're dropping that low.
    Because what you and many others consistently fail to understand is that sometimes it is not
    always in the player's control, and the system is legit broken. Some other posters have already
    given plenty of examples for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You might as well say no one requires any "mechanical skill" at that point then.

At least Winston has a short range for his no aim no brain spam but that's ridiculous

Even Symmetra is not that absurd.

At least Winston has a short range for his no aim no brain spam but that's ridiculous

You have to aim with Moira...
    She doesn't tether like Sym. Have you played her?

10+ Year Old Account
    do you really not see how far that crosshair is from the enemy? lol

she has such a forgiving hitbox that she might as well have aim assist XD

do you really not see how far that crosshair is from the enemy? lol

she has such a forgiving hitbox that she might as well have aim assist XD
    It's not that far.
    And she does minimum damage.

And she still does need to aim overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    it is the exact same effect as symmetra's gun except it actually disconnects like it's supposed to instead of being a bug blizzard was too lazy to fix and decided it was a "flavor"

twitchy moira aim is like an aimbot lol it's completely ridiculous

Moira's beam does what players have been crying Sym's to do since release. Break on LoS immediately. Kind of sad when I can outdo Tracer and Genji players simply by throwing a healing orb and life draining them as I back away and they keep trying to hit me head on. All you have to do is get to a side of her and it breaks as she needs to face you almost dead on to connect and keep it going. Not to worry, as eventually it will get nerfed because people will complain about the damage it does and to make her more of a healer as a lot of people try to use her as damage (which is hilarious to see when their team is being killed and they aren't good at it).

- - - Updated - - -

I started thinking more on this and have seen a bigger flaw with the reasoning. Technically, if your MMR is low, you gain less on wins and lose more for a loss; however, to use this excuse means that you outright admit Blizzard's system manipulates the players. If I have a bad round or 2, my MMR falls even on a win. If the system is designed to be fair, then teams should remain equal and i should still keep having an equal chance to win, same as the other team. Correct? Well, according to everyone who says it "means you should be lower and you will fall," then no, as this admits the game will force you down.
    Now, ona 50/50 win:loss ratio, this system feels like it could be fair. However, if you are at a 70:30 w:l ratio then you are obviously still playing well with the teams you have been getting even though your personal performance is less than players of the same rank. The kick becomes, how does the system MAKE you lose SR if you are maintaining a low personal performance rating while still getting winning teams that play well? Some theorize that it puts you with specific players, those that are on losing streaks of their own, high track records for leaving, or extremely low performance output of their own. Others say it's a simple "well, you rank 2700 but your performance is that of 2200 these last few games (EVEN though you played what helped win the game)," so you 3 losses vs your 7 wins is going to try its hardest to knock your ass down.
    Either way, it is a messed up system designed to make you play selfishly and punish doing what is best for the team.
    If my MMR says I should be at 2200 but I've kept climbing, then obviously I am doing something right as my team needs and that gives us a win, yet because of that, I gain less than what the person on my team does because they played what they wanted. For a reference, I can go find the video I found where an Orissa player gained less per win simply because Bastion did more damage overall and took damage from the Orissa player. These are flaws in a design and I wish Blizz would change it for all ranks, not just the 2 highest.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-12-10 at 03:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing against a team 5v5. We have a leaver, they have a DC. We could have won very quickly but playing cyber ninja man and kawaii weeb g4m3r gurl was more important than winning and their 6th comes back.

10+ Year Old Account
    All you have to do is get to a side of her and it breaks as she needs to face you almost dead on to connect and keep it going.
    So that's what it is. I always wondered why when I was attacking targets who were very
    mobile, the beam had a hard time actually doing damage to them.

Not to worry, as eventually it will get nerfed because people will complain about the damage it does
    Does it even do that much? I don't ever notice it hitting hard on anyone except maybe on Tracer.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2017-12-10 at 06:02 AM.