Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    The balancing is pretty awful. Winston has no ability to regain health, he's pitted against five opponents who each have a wall to block him off, a self heal and the ability to completely freeze him in place. It's not impossible but the odds are tipped in the favour of Mei's team every time.
    You gain 500hp every time you get enough meat I believe.

I was down to 100hp at one point and barely got the last kill. It's the most buttclutching mode I've played so far. They should have buffed his shield a bit in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You gain 500hp every time you get enough meat I believe.

I was down to 100hp at one point and barely got the last kill. It's the most buttclutching mode I've played so far. They should have buffed his shield a bit in my opinion.
    If nothing else at least the related achievements are fairly easy to get for people of all skill levels. That's a neat touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Well, I picked Moira on attack in King's Row. Since we already had an Ana. The two of us tried to keep the rest of our team alive but we had both a Widowmaker and a Hanzo which seems to be something I'm cursed with every time I try my hand at competitive or even just quick play. I asked politely if somebody could play Reinhardt or a different tank to help us push on their point but the entire game consisted of a slow trickle of people dying, running out of range and then asking why they weren't getting healed.
    honestly man comp IS quick play at this point. When people do this, I just play a hero I suck at since that's exactly what they are doing. It's not worth getting invested playing with a group of losers.

Widow, I don't mind so much... But Hanzo is a very high skill character. Hitscans have a high skill ceiling and are very powerful. Playing them is like lifting weights because you'll gradually get better at them, but Hanzo's skill floor might as well be a fucking mountain. Like... You have to be good at playing Hanzo, without having ever played Hanzo, to actually be any good at him. The likelihood of any player playing him being good is... Extremely unlikely. On top of that, he is not exactly an amazing hero.

I kinda just go with it when people pick Widowmaker though. Might not play the objective much because it's very dangerous, but is always near the team, really good distraction, lives longer than Hanzo players and great at making room for flanks even if they're beyond terrible. She's a really great get out of jail free card for Mercy too and sometimes they get lucky picks or finish something off that's escaped your view.
    Last edited by Gandrake; Yesterday at 06:52 AM.
    And while the cobras dance around your feet like you're a god
    It only takes one bite for you to realize you are not

I don't get why they give characters this year another winter skin when they got last year already one....
    I mean they look good but other characters should've gotten winter skins and not roadhog and sombra for example
    (same goes to every other event like halloween and reaper/symmetra...)
    When scum rules the world only more scum are born...

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    honestly man comp IS quick play at this point. When people do this, I just play a hero I suck at since that's exactly what they are doing. It's not worth getting invested playing with a group of losers.

Widow, I don't mind so much... But Hanzo is a very high skill character. Hitscans have a high skill ceiling and are very powerful. Playing them is like lifting weights because you'll gradually get better at them, but Hanzo's skill floor might as well be a fucking mountain. Like... You have to be good at playing Hanzo, without having ever played Hanzo, to actually be any good at him. The likelihood of any player playing him being good is... Extremely unlikely. On top of that, he is not exactly an amazing hero.

I kinda just go with it when people pick Widowmaker though. Might not play the objective much because it's very dangerous, but is always near the team, really good distraction, lives longer than Hanzo players and great at making room for flanks even if they're beyond terrible. She's a really great get out of jail free card for Mercy too and sometimes they get lucky picks or finish something off that's escaped your view.
    I kind of disagree with you on this. I main Widowmaker and I consider myself a really good one, mostly due to years of being the AWPer in our CS team. However, regardless how good my aim is and how many kills I get, she doesn't contrubite that much with objectives, as she is pretty awful in close combat (IE, standing on the payload) and her ultimate can't wipe the enemy or be a real game changer. Therefore I avoid her mostly in Comp.

Hanzo however, is a lot stronger than Widowmaker in melee range (as he doens't need to zoom in and be TOO zoomed in as widow). He also has a good ultimate for clearing a payload or a capture point. Yes, he is not the best at surviving or escaping combat and he has a really high skill cap, BUT if you can play he, he can be quite useful in Comp, even more than Widow. But no, I never play Hanzo in comp myself, I play D.Va, Lucio or Mercy, sometimes Soldier. BUT I don't get upset if I see a Hanzo WITH GOOD AIM. If they suck yeah then I agree with you it can ruin a game.

But yeah, overwall, I pick a Soldier over any of these 2 any day of the week.

I find Widow harder to do well on than Hanzo and her skill ceiling is probably higher than his too.

Hanzo is incredibly streaky and inconsistent though so I understand where you're coming from.

Really? I can get like 50% scoped accuracy w/ Widow but I'm not consistent enough to be good at her. I can't play Hanzo for shit though

been having a pretty good day so far. tight comp with a team full of shitters, picked the torb and farmed widow and torb all match. not the way i like to win games, but hey if your teams pretty hopeless and you can hand them a 4v5 then why not?
    And while the cobras dance around your feet like you're a god
    It only takes one bite for you to realize you are not