Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I know right? When I was 20 I use to steal cars for shits and giggles and then the cops started looking out for me and they started pulling me over no matter what car I was driving, I mean yeah every time they did it was a car reported stolen but I could of been driving my own car. They could totally gang up on me and accuse me of driving a stolen car when it is mine. I mean it doesn’t usually happen like that but it could!
    comparing edgy teenagers having fun in a video game to car thieves. Stay classy and completely miss the point!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    comparing edgy teenagers having fun in a video game to car thieves. Stay classy and completely miss the point!
    Wouldn't be DeadmanWalking if he didn't. It's his specialty.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    act like we're all 8 years old it is then
    8 year olds get away with a lot more than adults do. As a grown up in mixed company you're expected to behave with a much higher amount of civility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    8 year olds get away with a lot more than adults do. As a grown up in mixed company you're expected to behave with a much higher amount of civility.
    annnnnnnd you think not being able to communicate important information to their team that would help them win is going to improve their disposition... how exactly?

if anything it will just make it worse

Just to be clear, we're spamming text versions of voice lines every kill and asking if people went to noob school for their aim and wondering why and/or blaming the "broken" system for silences? Anyone who disagrees with said immaturity is somehow an 8 year old. The only way it could get better is if one of them is a self appointed master player stuck in plat because of bad teams, while claiming they are only a positive member of the team.

Do you people read your own comments? This is just embarrassing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Museigen View Post
    Do you people read your own comments?
    when will you be turning 3 this year

should we put a candle on the cake

finished my 10 placements. 2940 rating or something. Thought id push to get diamond. 2 wins - followed by 4 losses the first day. Tried again the next day 2 wins followed by 8 losses straight.

I feel a bit bummed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are player stacks always on my team, but almost never the enemy team?

The funny thing is when people say things like "don't get so butt hurt," or "grow a thicker skin."
    The reason it's funny is because people do these things to upset others. Yes, part of it is because it's funny to others, but the point of it IS to trash talk. Trash talking is used for many things. It can be used to psych out/anger your opponent, which in turn is designed to make your opponent play worse. It's along the same lines as Ali taunting his opponents in and out of the ring.
    The problem is that over the years it has gone from just trying to intimidate/psych out your opponent to being just mean, spiteful, and sometimes cruel. Add on the aninomity of the Internet, where people can say whatever and face almost no repercussions for it, and we get to where we are now: throwing around bigotry and hate crime style comments not with the intention of psyching someone out, but with the intention of being cruel and hateful just to be cruel and hateful.
    There's no punchline at the end of these people's comments just like there's no psyching out your opponent. These things are said simply because people want to be immature, spiteful people.
    Let alone, in a game like OW, these are things used against your own team. People you are supposed to play with and support.
    The flip side to the "grow a thicker skin" statement is simply that if people acted maturely and courteously, there would be no need for a thicker skin. It's a defense statement used to justify the act of being an asshole.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-12-28 at 10:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I know right? When I was 20 I use to steal cars for shits and giggles and then the cops started looking out for me and they started pulling me over no matter what car I was driving, I mean yeah every time they did it was a car reported stolen but I could of been driving my own car. They could totally gang up on me and accuse me of driving a stolen car when it is mine. I mean it doesn’t usually happen like that but it could!
    I think your example was a bit extreme, even though it was ironic xD

Seriously though, I googled Overwatch silence, and after some search, lots, and I mean lots of people had been wrongfully silenced. Sometimes Blizzard take the effort and look into what was said and un-silence them, but sometimes they don't
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post

Seriously though, I googled Overwatch silence, and after some search, lots, and I mean lots of people had been wrongfully silenced. Sometimes Blizzard take the effort and look into what was said and un-silence them, but sometimes they don't
    It isn’t on Overwatch to look into them, it is on you to look into your silence ban by contacting them or it is assumed you know why you got silenced. Then after you contact them they look into it and decide if it was earned or not. The system is automated because it is impossible for them to monitor 30 million players in live time. There are many cases of being overturned but they are not going to care if you don’t contact them to see what happened.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post

A Google search isn't going to reveal any facts.

Just look at the people who posted on the overwatch forums claiming it was wrong, and then Jeff came in to prove them wrong.

A lot of people don't want to accept they did something wrong, or they just want to poke the hornets nest by pretending theyre innocent.

Deleted
    Why are player stacks always on my team, but almost never the enemy team?
    Because you need the boost the most?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43pcTS72WDQ

I haven't laughed this hard in ages.

Also yay my silence is over. Time to be sickeningly nice to everyone.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I did my usual tactic of playing 10 games a season to place, and I finished yesterday with like 10 hours to spare. Got placed low diamond for the first time, so that's nice. Though I must admit I'm a bit scared now, seeing as I can decay from this point on. Obviously not this season, but the next one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    fuck moira in deathmatch

kill these braindead mongo fucks and they still get points for killing people with orb. this fucking bitch has her orb fly by and drain half your hp in 1 second without even having to think about it, meanwhile flashbang doesn't stun if it makes contact with the slightest incline.

why the hell is there even an offseason in this game

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Is that what we are calling them these days? "Edgy Teens"? Oh the poor Edgy teens, how ever will they get their edge on if they can't misbehave in a video game? Oh woe is them! Weep for the children!

The point I was making was that people who tend to bitch about how unfair rules and laws are tend to be the people who break them on a regular basis and also claim that those people who enforce the rules 'could abuse them and use them against me in an unfair witch hunt', which 1. Never actually happens and 2. Ignores the fact you are wearing a witches hat, ride a broom and are uglier than sin.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-12-30 at 02:55 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Did a bunch of games with Moira for the first time. I don't know how good she is in comp but she's super fun, probably ahead of Zenyatta for me now as favorite healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    playing offseason because i think deathmatch is bullshit and the other team is getting spawn camped 5v6 and someone on their team leaves, causing the match to be cancelled

ummm ok so why is my team being punished for being better again? mind = blown

playing offseason because i think deathmatch is bullshit and the other team is getting spawn camped 5v6 and someone on their team leaves, causing the match to be cancelled

ummm ok so why is my team being punished for being better again? mind = blown
    Because match cancellation is not actually about punishing your team, come on now.