People have actually given a lot of well reasoned explanations about why res is bad in FPS. You are being disrespectful and dismissive of all of these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I don't like it when I get one shot by Hanzo. I don't like getting double mined by fuckrat. I don't like it when my team staggers like a bunch of retards. I don't like it when I see STUCK pop up across my screen after using ult and die a tenth of a second later, watch the replay, wonder why the hell mercy is still alive and realize that despite literally slapping her upside her head with a pulse bomb and attaching it to her face, that I just got fucked out of my ult. Even though I just slapped her into next week with it.

Those are things I don't like.

But when I solo a Roadhog as Tracer to free up the point, run over to cap it and then out of nowhere Hitler here goes Super Saiyan 2 with the instant transmission halfway from spawn and rezzes Cucklord McFuckface here just like that with a snap of his fingers, that doesn't exactly fall into my category of "don't likes".

In Roadhog's case, he's a cheap ass gimmick hero. It's like, be a mid-range Reaper with 1 shotgun and pick one: Hook or 900 EHP, not both - and that's probably what upsets people the most. So many players are still scared of him, and for good reason; he's a massive fat fuck that just never dies or doesn't receive enough punishment/pressure for fucking up to be controlled if you can't shoot him in the face or aren't playing Reaper or Roadhog yourself.

People are always going to hate heroes like Widowmaker, Pharah and Roadhog when they are played to their strengths because their strengths are extremely unique and absolutely demand your attention. It's like, you can't just NOT do something about these heroes and being difficult to deal with makes them scary to people.
    Uhh uh, that's why Mercy's ability to res can be taken away even though that's the main thing that defines her.

Or we could give her the road hog treatment and she keeps her res, longer cooldown, only can effect 1/3 of the heroes, and has a chance to fail 50% of the time.

That does sound stupid but they didn't mind doing it to hog right?

But seriously, if the res is what defines her let her keep it and make her heal and power boost not a lock on.

Without the res I don't really know what her power would be to offset how weak she is compared to others without it. Some sort of life grip maybe but I can't see that working out very well considering how fucking trolly most meis are.
    Last edited by Ravex; 2018-01-05 at 08:34 PM.

Could just wait and see how she ends up after these changes or whatever they will further tune on ptr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    You are aware being that low of rank means you are playing people with that low of rank right?

So you are being a toxic little shit head over being able to kill bad people.

Also if you were this great at killing other bronze people you wouldn't still be there.
    Team game pal, kind of hard to rank up when you lose because people only want to DPS, people throw, people leave, people are out for themselves and not working as a team.............sorry you can't kill a stationary Mercy either.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Team game pal, kind of hard to rank up when you lose because people only want to DPS, people throw, people leave, people are out for themselves and not working as a team.............sorry you can't kill a stationary Mercy either.
    Blah blah blah it's everyone elses fault but mine that I can't rank up Blah blah blah.

Am I doing it right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    People have actually given a lot of well reasoned explanations about why res is bad in FPS. You are being disrespectful and dismissive of all of these people.
    It's not a pure FPS though, so those arguments are basically invalid. Shields, Healing, and CC don't really 'belong in an FPS' either.

Blah blah blah it's everyone elses fault but mine that I can't rank up Blah blah blah.

Am I doing it right?
    He is this toxic on a forum, think about the people who get him on their team. Not much is worse than a know-it-all that really knows nothing.

If you don't belong at a certain rank, you won't stay there if you play a lot. Period. If this wasn't true why can I rank up so easily on my smurfs, that I place at bronze intentionally, then get all the way to masters? Why can so many streamers and youtubers do this as well, why can other smurfs do this?

The reason is pretty simple. If you are at a certain rank, you belong there. So focus on what you can do to improve your own play, encourage teams to work together and boost team morale.

10+ Year Old Account
    10-4 tonight, up 200SR and back into Gold. Just another 450SR to go to get back where I was >.<

Couple of highlights.
    https://plays.tv/video/5a5018ef309de3ee3b/dva-many-kill
    https://plays.tv/video/5a50187b94c94...then-nooo-hook
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2018-01-06 at 12:34 AM.

Road hog says Hi.

Wouldn't be the first time.
    ...Roadhog's hook was never removed.

You're proving Jessicka's point right.

I was accused of aimbotting three times today.

2x on Hanzo, 1x on Widowmaker.

Is it possible to aimbot on Hanzo with the way the bow works?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much the truth. Here is a typical Moira loss in comp:

Sure, it's Moira... But, when you have a Mercy and a full normal comp of tanks and DPS....what else is someone personally supposed to do? This is pretty much the definition of carried, minus the winning. And performing at this level, while it certainly reduced the points I lost down to 17, what if this happens over and over and over? B/c it does.

If personal rank didn't matter I could have switched to DPS or Tank to try and alleviate our obvious weakness, but b/c Blizzard says Plat doesn't count...no point in switching. Just lock Moira all day every day and pray for Diamond.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    He is this toxic on a forum, think about the people who get him on their team. Not much is worse than a know-it-all that really knows nothing.

If you don't belong at a certain rank, you won't stay there if you play a lot. Period. If this wasn't true why can I rank up so easily on my smurfs, that I place at bronze intentionally, then get all the way to masters? Why can so many streamers and youtubers do this as well, why can other smurfs do this?

The reason is pretty simple. If you are at a certain rank, you belong there. So focus on what you can do to improve your own play, encourage teams to work together and boost team morale.
    Sure thing bub, not like it's a team game or anything, and nah I am not toxic in game unless ignorant fools like you are in my team........it takes a team to win, but my guess is you come from Call of Duty or some shit where working as a team is a foreign concept.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Pretty much the truth. Here is a typical Moira loss in comp:

Sure, it's Moira... But, when you have a Mercy and a full normal comp of tanks and DPS....what else is someone personally supposed to do? This is pretty much the definition of carried, minus the winning. And performing at this level, while it certainly reduced the points I lost down to 17, what if this happens over and over and over? B/c it does.

If personal rank didn't matter I could have switched to DPS or Tank to try and alleviate our obvious weakness, but b/c Blizzard says Plat doesn't count...no point in switching. Just lock Moira all day every day and pray for Diamond.
    One of the reasons I keep saying she will get nerfed. Blizzard will severely reduce the amount of damage/healing her orbs, or reduce range/damage or beam, or reduce healing, or reduce Ult charge rate. Possibly a combination of all. Given the right Comp, she can outheal all other support, she can tag every enemy at a cap point, and she can 1v1 a lot of heroes.
    I'm interested to see if they change her orb more to be reflected off of barriers, both healing and damage orbs, much like Ana being fucked trying to heal her team that stand under a Winston bubble or they are behind Rein's shield.
    She's a great hero and I really like her playstyle, being able to move and be unpredictable, but I laugh at my stats at the end of every match because I have gold elims every game just from my orb tagging everyone my team kills, AND I'm still healing my team consistently.

Sure thing bub, not like it's a team game or anything, and nah I am not toxic in game unless ignorant fools like you are in my team........it takes a team to win, but my guess is you come from Call of Duty or some shit where working as a team is a foreign concept.
    I guess you think it is all luck then.

Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2018-01-06 at 04:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was accused of aimbotting three times today.

2x on Hanzo, 1x on Widowmaker.

Is it possible to aimbot on Hanzo with the way the bow works?
    Yes, bots for projectiles exist, they’re of the kind that are most likely to get picked up by Warden though rather than the more popular ones that track to the enemy outline colour. But those will also work at close ranges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Doesn't change it's a subjective emotive reason.
    ok well let me know when every other hero in the game besides Junkrat can get practically 2 guaranteed picks (or in mercy's case, "un-picks") from basically spawn. Mercy is also the only hero in the game that creates un-picks and we already know how stupid RIP-Tire is.

It's just way way way too much bullshit. She's practically invincible for 20 seconds, flying around at half the speed of light, is healing regardless of whether or not you are shooting her, chain healing/boosting practically her entire fucking team and can rez 2 people.

There is not a single ultimate in the game that is this powerful.

As for people wondering about mercy's viability afterwards: holy shit the entire reason she is getting nerfed in the first place is because she is SO MUCH BETTER THAN EVERY OTHER SUPPORT that she is literally a must pick for every game. She is going to be fine.

Deleted
    I was a bit over 3000 earlier, 2 seasons in a row. Then, last season I fell into 2750, and now this season I'm in ~2550. I really don't know what has changed that affects this. Really frustrating, I don't think I will play even placements anymore (I play comp just to know at what level I am overall), but this has really made me sad with the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolsname View Post
    I was a bit over 3000 earlier, 2 seasons in a row. Then, last season I fell into 2750, and now this season I'm in ~2550. I really don't know what has changed that affects this. Really frustrating, I don't think I will play even placements anymore (I play comp just to know at what level I am overall), but this has really made me sad with the game.
    well the playerbase is always evolving; the diamond players of 2016 are not the same players they are in 2018.

Personally, I don't feel like anyone has earned their rank until they have played 50 games at that rank.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you think it is all luck then.

More of a case of "Which team gets the worst team"

- - - Updated - - -

As for people wondering about mercy's viability afterwards: holy shit the entire reason she is getting nerfed in the first place is because she is SO MUCH BETTER THAN EVERY OTHER SUPPORT that she is literally a must pick for every game. She is going to be fine.
    I outheal her with Lucio and Moira, she is a sitting duck while rezing not in valk form (soon to be changed and she will be a sitting duck then too) unless she can actually get that Rein or Orisa to shield her, I agree valk mode needed the shorter length of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok well let me know when every other hero in the game besides Junkrat can get practically 2 guaranteed picks (or in mercy's case, "un-picks") from basically spawn. Mercy is also the only hero in the game that creates un-picks and we already know how stupid RIP-Tire is.
    Widowmaker, Hanzo, Junkrat as you mention. Think I posted a video of me taking Anubis Point A on Widowmaker inside a minute, in which Mercy wouldn't get 2 resses.

She's also very limited and fairly weak outside of her ultimate, her damage boost does not make up for the kind of damage that Moira or Zenyatta can put out on their own, meanwhile the latter has probably the second most powerful ult in the game in that rather than 2 'unpicks', he straight up prevents any picks from all but about 3 ults. Lucio too through Sound Barrier can and does prevent team wipes.