Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    ok well let me know when every other hero in the game besides Junkrat can get practically 2 guaranteed picks (or in mercy's case, "un-picks") from basically spawn. Mercy is also the only hero in the game that creates un-picks and we already know how stupid RIP-Tire is.

It's just way way way too much bullshit. She's practically invincible for 20 seconds, flying around at half the speed of light, is healing regardless of whether or not you are shooting her, chain healing/boosting practically her entire fucking team and can rez 2 people.

There is not a single ultimate in the game that is this powerful.
    Except all of what her ult does is gimped versions of other ults.

Her healing during ult isn't going to save anyone from lethal damage/other ults, Zen/Lucio are far better for that.
    Her boost is 30% compared to Orisa's 50% boost.

And that's working under the already false assumption that she's "unkillable".

As for people wondering about mercy's viability afterwards: holy shit the entire reason she is getting nerfed in the first place is because she is SO MUCH BETTER THAN EVERY OTHER SUPPORT that she is literally a must pick for every game. She is going to be fine.
    Or...she's a "must pick" because the game heavily values those who pick attackers, and it's one of the most popular roles, so when people who normally play attackers are forced to heal, they pick the healer that has good healing output while requiring the least former knowledge of how to play her.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok everyone, bastion does the most dps in the game.

is he the best dps? no? k thx

If you are as good as you think you are, every team with you on it would instantly be the better team. xD

I'm so tired of seeing people always blaming their team for their own level of sucking in this game.

ok everyone, bastion does the most dps in the game.

is he the best dps? no? k thx
    That is honestly the worst comparison I've ever seen.

Like, I'm not sure if I should even try to explain how bad it is...
    Bastion has stupidly large spread range when in turret mode. He's immobile and a sitting duck to death.

He's not even an attacker for Christ's sake. This isn't even a comparison you should be making as a counter point, especially when nowhere did I say Mercy has the best output. Nowhere did anyone say that.

This is just...out of all the responses I could have expected, this isn't the one. I would have expected something like "Well why don't they pick Soldier then instead" over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    ...Roadhog's hook was never removed.

You're proving Jessicka's point right.
    Hook dragging people around corners was removed, along with his ability to reliably one shot lower health targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    Hook dragging people around corners was removed, along with his ability to reliably one shot lower health targets.
    And he received buffs after that, while still retaining his hook.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    If you are as good as you think you are, every team with you on it would instantly be the better team. xD

I'm so tired of seeing people always blaming their team for their own level of sucking in this game.
    Give me 6 of me and I'd wreck my way up to masters without problems. I don't understand how half of the people I play with even made it to diamond, they're playing like bronze players.

Sure, if you consider completely gutting an ability to be a shadow of its former self to be "retaining" an ability I don't have much to disagree with.

Roadhog is shit tier. If I see roadhog on the field when playing soldier it's free ult charge for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    More of a case of "Which team gets the worst team"

- - - Updated - - -

I outheal her with Lucio and Moira, she is a sitting duck while rezing not in valk form (soon to be changed and she will be a sitting duck then too) unless she can actually get that Rein or Orisa to shield her, I agree valk mode needed the shorter length of time.
    If you out heal her with lucio you are playing lucio wrong. And Moira is Moira. So there is no point to be made there.

Sure, if you consider completely gutting an ability to be a shadow of its former self to be "retaining" an ability I don't have much to disagree with.
    Hook is still pretty good though actually. It's more responsive now, and you're still able to turn and drop people off of cliffs while using it
    It's not nearly a "Shadow of its former self", it definitely didn't deserve to grab people around walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    Roadhog is shit tier. If I see roadhog on the field when playing soldier it's free ult charge for me.
    His tier is irrelevant, but he's not bad at all.

He is bad. He's only good against people who don't know how to position themselves and even then you can get killed by the ones you hook if they have a somewhat decent aim.

He is bad. He's only good against people who don't know how to position themselves and even then you can get killed by the ones you hook if they have a somewhat decent aim.
    https://www.overbuff.com/heroes

Try again.
    Set it to Grandmaster, and last month.

Or whatever the hell you want actually, no matter what Roadhog has a decent pick rate and positive win rate.

Hook is still pretty good though actually. It's more responsive now, and you're still able to turn and drop people off of cliffs while using it
    It's not nearly a "Shadow of its former self", it definitely didn't deserve to grab people around walls.

He never grabbed people around walls, he grabbed people in los and if there momentum carried them around the wall they were drug back, because he grabbed them, IN LOS.

I don't know why I am arguing this, when he was in his prime I was a Rein main, he was literally my hard counter and I had 0 problems with his concept. The only players who have a problem with his old hook are those that have terrible positioning.

The only reason he isn't unplayable is because Dvas Matrix was nerfed hard.

Take it from someone who has done bronze to masters 2x, plat to masters 1x.

Plat is the hardest tier to get out of, everyone is a know it all, the teamwork is terrible to passable and mechanical skills of individuals runs the gambit from horrid to good.

https://www.overbuff.com/heroes

Try again.
    Set it to Grandmaster, and last month.

Or whatever the hell you want actually, no matter what Roadhog has a decent pick rate and positive win rate.
    I know you weren't responding to me, and I don't agree with the other poster saying he is shit tier. But that link REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hurts everyone of the positive arguments about mercy here.

Like how are you going to argue with a hero that pretty much has double the pick rate of anything else across the board?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Take it from someone who has done bronze to masters 2x, plat to masters 1x.

Plat is the hardest tier to get out of, everyone is a know it all, the teamwork is terrible to passable and mechanical skills of individuals runs the gambit from horrid to good.
    And plat is actually all the way from 2500-3400 in reality

I know you weren't responding to me, and I don't agree with the other poster saying he is shit tier. But that link REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hurts everyone of the positive arguments about mercy here.

Like how are you going to argue with a hero that pretty much has double the pick rate of anything else across the board?
    I already said why I think Mercy is so high.

She's easier to grasp than most healers for the basics, and she has good healing output.

I mean, up until Moira, she was the only good choice for solo healing. Ana is screwed over by barriers far too much.

That's not to say Mercy isn't really good, because she is. But she quite literally had no competition for dedicated healing. Tack the rez onto that and yeah, you're gonna have a healer that's picked more often than most, since you do need a healer every game.

Roadhog at least has competition in regards to bruiser tanks, like D.Va and Zarya.

I already said why I think Mercy is so high.

She's easier to grasp than most healers for the basics, and she has good healing output.

I mean, up until Moira, she was the only good choice for solo healing. Ana is screwed over by barriers far too much.

That's not to say Mercy isn't really good, because she is. But she quite literally had no competition for dedicated healing. Tack the rez onto that and yeah, you're gonna have a healer that's picked more often than most, since you do need a healer every game.

Roadhog at least has competition in regards to bruiser tanks, like D.Va and Zarya.
    Well, Moira is a thing now, and if you look at recent pick rates Mercy is still dominating. So it's not competition for dedicated healing thing.

The higher up in skill level you go, the higher the pick rate of Mercy. So it's not an easier to grasp thing.

It is only the Res.
    Last edited by Ravex; 2018-01-06 at 06:02 PM.

Well, Moira is a thing now, and if you look at recent pick rates Mercy is still dominating. So it's not competition for dedicated healing thing.

The higher up in skill level you go, the higher the pick rate of Mercy. So it's not an easier to grasp thing.

It's is only the Res.
    People don't see a reason to shake up right now and switch to Moira as the healer.

The rez is part of it no doubt, but unless you see something like when they nerfed Ana and drastically buffed Mercy several times, I doubt you'll see much change. People have it set in their mind that you need Mercy.

Also, as pointed out in the other thread, Mercy has a farther heal range than Moira does.