so had an enemy tracer who glitched himself into the bell on hamamura and couldnt be attacked while tracer was killing everyone from our team
    needless to say we lost because of that shit
    I hope the player gets a perma ban
    he said we should chill and he is only "testing"
    he can do that shit in qp and not in comp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    so had an enemy tracer who glitched himself into the bell on hamamura and couldnt be attacked while tracer was killing everyone from our team
    needless to say we lost because of that shit
    I hope the player gets a perma ban
    he said we should chill and he is only "testing"
    he can do that shit in qp and not in comp
    He can expect a lifetime ban for using that exploit. Blizz are seriously hard on people who use those things.

Deleted
    Just had the shock of my life. Finished placements 7-3, and placed 330 SR above where I finished in season 7. I placed 2150 and climbed to 2260 last season but I only played a handful of games after placements. I just got placed 2596. I always used to flex but now I just main Dva and I'm getting pretty good with her. I guess that helps.

Getting another smurf to 25 is a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I mean you shouldn't really be smurfing in the first place, so I'd say that's a good thing.
    I needed an account where I only have time on Hanzo and I'm going to try to push GM with it. What is so bad about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    I needed an account where I only have time on Hanzo and I'm going to try to push GM with it. What is so bad about that?
    Thought smurfing was against ToS. Probably wrong, but if not, I wouldn't blatantly put it out there that's what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Thought smurfing was against ToS. Probably wrong, but if not, I wouldn't blatantly put it out there that's what you're doing.
    Smurfing isn't.

Abusing/rigging ranking with comp is though, like when a streamer used subscribers to get his smurf placed at bronze so he can climb to GM as one character.

So as long as they don't do that, and just place wherever they get placed, it will probably be fine. Unless it becomes another Torb only situation thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    300SR gain in two days, 250 to go to get back where I was. Still hate how premades just destroy the MMR system, it simply can't handle them, they even admitted it causes such problems but still they persist in allowing such widely spread groups at low levels in spite of tightening it up at the top :/

Every team I have encountered today: 1 tank (me) 1 healer or no healers, constant bitching and moaning... not a single team wanting to win. Yep Overwatch does get worse with every season...
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Quote Originally Posted by The King in Yellow View Post
    Every team I have encountered today: 1 tank (me) 1 healer or no healers, constant bitching and moaning... not a single team wanting to win. Yep Overwatch does get worse with every season...
    Because as the game continues and Blizzard keeps going with the current MMR people have started listening to, and learning about, the ways it works. As it stands, you're better off getting to know 2-3 heroes, and playing them nonstop for bigger gains and smaller losses. Damage is also highly preferred as the more damage and elims you get the more you gain and less you lose.
    As pointed out by one of the YouTube personalities I watch, on a KotH with Orissa and Bastion, Bastion will gain more SR simply because he's doing more damage than Orissa. Bastion will leave on a win with bigger SR gains than Orissa, and actually lower Orissa's gains because she's not getting the damage she usually does. Never mind the fact that without Orissa shielding and babysitting the Bastion that he potentially would be useless, Orissa suffers from it.
    That's something else not many people discuss when talking about MMR. With the current system, you are not only trying to overcome yourself and play better while trying to do better than everyone else who plays that map with that hero, you're also battling your own team, as that Bastion might be really good and hitting a lot of shots, which translates you to personally doing less for your personal gains.

People have been so abusive to me in quickplay today.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2018-01-09 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Its utterly toxic and quite frankly damaging to the game, but I doubt we'll change your view on that.
    In what ways is it toxic or damaging to the game. Try.

You're actively creating new accounts so you can burn through inexperienced players and lower rated players, which damages their enjoyment, doesnt improve the skill of anyone on your team and basically lets you trick the already crappy system for easier gains.

Just play your normal account and if you have the time investment you'll get GM.
    I have no intention of placing low, it is just so I can play the characters I want without "I SEE YOU HAVE SOME TIME ON MERCY OVER THE LAST YEAR. PLAY MERCY OR IM THROWING."

I would be surprised if thats truly as prevalent as your stating, dont get me wrong, ranked is full of toxic shitheads but communication is still a valid tool in these scenarios.
    Happens enough. 1 in 5 games someone asks me to swap regardless of good stats / playtime. Before the game has even started.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2018-01-09 at 03:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be surprised if thats truly as prevalent as your stating, dont get me wrong, ranked is full of toxic shitheads but communication is still a valid tool in these scenarios.
    honestly man ranked is such a lost cause at this point but its hard to be mad at anyone but blizzard because it's their fault. a lot of people have a lot of good reasons for playing comp the way that they do which contributes to the degradation of the quality of matches made and blizzard just doesn't give a fuck about their feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    honestly man ranked is such a lost cause at this point but its hard to be mad at anyone but blizzard because it's their fault. a lot of people have a lot of good reasons for playing comp the way that they do which contributes to the degradation of the quality of matches made and blizzard just doesn't give a fuck about their feedback.
    How about not letting people into comp with over 100ms? I have like 5 recordings from today of arrows going through heads but not registering.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about not letting people into comp with over 100ms? I have like 5 recordings from today of arrows going through heads but not registering.
    My favourite is when someone announces in chat they are lagging really bad, then proceeds to play the rest of the match. I feel for people who lag and all, but it's like having half or less of a player.

Had a great game where I made a point of killing the Widow with a sonic every time. She was so incredibly tilted by this happening, telling me how I'm using it wrong in match chat in a variety of toxic ways.

MARKED! By the dragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is so much to do, i have no idea where to begin; it's a mess. below diamond i dont think id even care if someone had 100ms if they were doing their hero's job. i'm so demotivated at this point that i'm basically going to throw a game if people on team ask for mercy and literally just let a soldier 76 and moira run past them as roadhog and kill me.

there needs to be better education and they need to stop advertising comp like it's a goddamn high strike telling anyone and everyone to step up and test their might. like, no, you really don't need to throw 10 games as Sombra by not knowing how to play her, die 13 times per match and start telling people you're X rank even though you don't play comp.

ideally, I'd cut off all non-hackers at the queue window.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    ideally, I'd cut off all non-hackers at the queue window.
    What.

10char