10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I love the awareness of some people. Got asked by a healer to play something other than Tracer and someone who's sticks with the group because they can't heal me. Every time I got into trouble I'd be right next to one of my healers. Astounding.
    Also, what is up today? Never had so many people instalock Moira and then use her for straight damage. If you want to play damage, then pick a damage dealer, but don't pick a support and then run around chasing people while your team needs healed.
    if my healers actually heal i usually like to play reaper because they are easy to protect and when pocketed i feel like i'm basically a god of death.

but eh sounds like the typical moira player. if i don't have a mercy in group, i basically don't expect anyone to heal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Nothing worse than losing to the same boosting, douchebag player every single season.

And you know he's boosting because his skill is significantly higher than everyone else
    in the team, plus its the same prick who gets a Mercy to pocket him every time.
    lol what does he play

Deleted
    Come to the conclusion I can only play Overwatch between about 3 am and 7am, mainly on weekdays. Even then I can only manage about 10 games before I start getting frustrated with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    Come to the conclusion I can only play Overwatch between about 3 am and 7am, mainly on weekdays. Even then I can only manage about 10 games before I start getting frustrated with it.
    That's really early ! Shouldn't the game experience be better at this time ?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    That's really early ! Shouldn't the game experience be better at this time ?
    It is better, much better, I can barely get through 1 or 2 games at more conventional times.

I guess I just find Overwatch quite a frustrating game, fun, but frustrating.

Lmao, this reporting system really sucks. All I've ever said in the past month in the game have been "gg" in the chat after we won and now I'm muted? What a joke this system is, they can't have it be automatic based on an amount of reports when people abuse it like this.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Lmao, this reporting system really sucks. All I've ever said in the past month in the game have been "gg" in the chat after we won and now I'm muted? What a joke this system is, they can't have it be automatic based on an amount of reports when people abuse it like this.
    As someone who has been reported and silenced multiple times. I can promise you that what you are telling us in public, whether intentional or not, is NOT the only thing you have said. If you have said even seemingly innocuous things like, man our healers are doing terrible. You might have been reported and it will count. But most likely, you bitched at someone a couple of times and it's just added up.

In any case, if you told someone to go kill themselves irl you wouldn't be telling us about it. Pretty sure the silence is warranted. It always is.
    BAD WOLF

I've got to quit playing in the morning and early afternoon. Used to be my best times, but seems like that shifted sometime last season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I've got to quit playing in the morning and early afternoon. Used to be my best times, but seems like that shifted sometime last season.
    As soon as I see a pattern and try to keep to it, it changes. Random matches are random. Loss streaks can last days irrespective of trying stopping before they get out of hand too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    As soon as I see a pattern and try to keep to it, it changes. Random matches are random. Loss streaks can last days irrespective of trying stopping before they get out of hand too.
    Well, I picked up on the pattern in S1. Most of my wins always happened late morning into early afternoon. Didn't stop me from playing at all times, just that I noticed my early games were always much better in terms of less toxicity, more communication, and just all around better quality of players. This continued up until about 1/2 way thru last season and then it seems to have shifted where my late night games now resemble the early ones, where my early games have people that act like they are drunk while playing.
    I'm not really complaining about it, but I just feel like I might progress better if I stick to more late night games in terms of rank.
    I don't have a lot of time to play on workdays with other things going, but the trend so far is 3-4 games in the morning which almost all are losses, and 4-6 games at night where most are wins. Just an odd observation I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    As someone who has been reported and silenced multiple times. I can promise you that what you are telling us in public, whether intentional or not, is NOT the only thing you have said. If you have said even seemingly innocuous things like, man our healers are doing terrible. You might have been reported and it will count. But most likely, you bitched at someone a couple of times and it's just added up.

In any case, if you told someone to go kill themselves irl you wouldn't be telling us about it. Pretty sure the silence is warranted. It always is.
    Nope, I appealed it and I'm no longer silenced. At least they fix it, wish they'd tell me if they do anything about the people who falsely report others.

The amount of misogyny in this game is far beyond any game I've ever experienced before. Me and my girlfriend started playing recently and today was the worst day, she has received a total of 3 rape threats, on voice chat and 4 in the chat in 30 games and then someone added her on battletag after a game to tell her she's a whore. Several people telling her to go back to the kitchen, several people whining about her playing DPS instead of mercy, saying women can't play DPS characters.

Probably going to request a refund because this is not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    The amount of misogyny in this game is far beyond any game I've ever experienced before. Me and my girlfriend started playing recently and today was the worst day, she has received a total of 3 rape threats, on voice chat and 4 in the chat in 30 games and then someone added her on battletag after a game to tell her she's a whore. Several people telling her to go back to the kitchen, several people whining about her playing DPS instead of mercy, saying women can't play DPS characters.

Probably going to request a refund because this is not acceptable.
    It isn't the game, it is the gamer culture that is to blame. This game doesn't cause any of that. You will find that no matter what game you are playing because the internet is anonymous. The game doesn't promote a rape culture and blaming the game rather than the players is part of what the problem is.

Unfortunately it is going to take something massive to change the culture of gamers to be less toxic and stop being abusive to others online regardless of gender. So massive that I doubt very much it will ever happen.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-01-17 at 10:28 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It isn't the game, it is the gamer culture that is to blame. This game doesn't cause any of that. You will find that no matter what game you are playing because the internet is anonymous. The game doesn't promote a rape culture and blaming the game rather than the players is part of what the problem is.

Unfortunately it is going to take something massive to change the culture of gamers to be less toxic and stop being abusive to others online regardless of gender. So massive that I doubt very much it will ever happen.
    No. I have about 110 people on my block list. Now, bear in mind my account is 12 years old and only 2 of those are from WoW. All the rest are OW. Quite sure there should be more, but some accounts have been closed or deleted. On average, I'm blocking someone every other day. Those blocks are usually accompanied by a report, but I also report sometimes without blocking because the abuse comes late in the match or at the end; so there are probably more reports too.

I don't recall much of any misogyny in WoW either, but OW has brought me some classics like this:

It's fucking disgusting. That's just one of many good reasons not to use VC as well. Now, I have had quite a few 'action has been taken' messages when I've reported which is vaguely reassuring, but I can't believe every game is like this, because I actually know for a fact that they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post

There's a lot of misogyny in OW and Blizzard aren't doing anything to combat it. Yeah, you'll tell me to report but they don't look at any reports, you need enough people to have reported them in a specific time frame to trigger the automatic silence system for them to even be muted, which is a fucking joke because they should be banned from the game instead of being allowed to continue playing while muted.

I've never encountered anything on this scale in WoW or any other MMO I've played, not in CS:GO either. I refuse to get on the team voice chat because of it, if you play 10 games, you're guaranteed to have encountered at least one such person, if not more.

It's fucking disgusting. That's just one of many good reasons not to use VC as well. Now, I have had quite a few 'action has been taken' messages when I've reported which is vaguely reassuring, but I can't believe every game is like this, because I actually know for a fact that they aren't.
    I just say mada mada or something when people get like this.

Speech is silver, silence is golden. I swallow my temptation to answer, mute as soon as they start throwing the salt and move on (report if necessary). Trolls must never be fed and the sooner you take action, the better is your sanity.

Good thing that not everyone is like these scums.

Any good play lately ? Been a while since your last links. :P
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Playing with my gold friend on an alt and these idiots are whining about my hanzo pick before the game starts, nothing makes me want to throw more than this.

Not really inspiring me to carry you shitters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    lol what does he play
    Widowmaker.

His accuracy is incredible, not high enough that he's using an aiming hack, but he's definitely significantly
    above the snipers I've fought or been paired with, each with varying degrees of skill.

I can only hope for his ban, the damn cheater.

No. I have about 110 people on my block list.
    Wait how do you even see this block list?

Either way, that's some toxic levels of depravity you're experiencing there, of which you have my sympathies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Speech is silver, silence is golden.
    then roasting them so bad they shut the fuck up by asking them when they are going to move out of their moms house and get a job must be diamonds

any tips how one can improve? (I mean except "get gud with aim", I know this where I can/should improve)
    awerness is a lot better than a year ago but it doesn't help much if your team doesn't have it and/or atleast one of your enemies also has it and counters you

want to get out of high silver/low gold but atm it seems impossible T_T