10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty good night, mostly sensible teams and no one really complaining about Widow from the outset; although I did end up switching each time anyway (actually after forcing the other team's too a couple of times as well). Doing really good things with Ana now though, I'd been put off when I jumped straight back after her buff and didn't have a good time, but went back again and yeah, I missed this. Still seem to need to play a lot of support, and still doing well with it. Only really bad match was getting put with a 5 stack self evidently assembled from 'stay as a group' against a 5 stack that very clearly was not. Highlight was a nicely timed Nano-tank countering a Zarya combo, sadly unrecorded. Also winning that one duel with Tracer, lost the other 3-4 but they did go on a long time.

Back above 2200, it's been a long climb back from I think 1800 was the low ebb. Knew I could do it all over again, now let's see if I can get the 250 back to my last couple of season highs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, it's very possible.

But I don't think the emote is a good way of saying that, she's, for all we know, very cocky. To the point of where it blows up in her face at times. Like her original problem where she had to abandon her name and augment herself. And then when Zarya was hunting her down.
    She is cocky, but she earned the right to be, she played Talon, she played Volskaya, she played Zarya and Lynx, and she played Los Muertos long before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raable View Post
    Because comp meant Competative mode. It was not a no limits match.
    You described a situation where,

[Widow] [Widow] [Hanzo] [Mercy that wants widow or hanzo but is filling] [Otherguy] [You]

But ok, miscommunication.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    She is cocky, but she earned the right to be, she played Talon, she played Volskaya, she played Zarya and Lynx, and she played Los Muertos long before that.
    Being too cocky is always a mistake, no matter how good you are at your craft. "The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2018-01-21 at 01:12 AM.

How are my games going? Seems people have reached maximum threshold of not caring in games. We'll pick healer, tank, and second tank or support, since the other three people always pick: [widowmaker] and/or [hanzo] + [mccree]/[genji] + [insert here].

9 out of 10 times, the hanzo is embarrassingly bad, but we try to make up for it only to barely lose. The widowmaker is 6 or 7 out of 10 times bad, sometimes really good, but painful when its bad, especially when they refuse to switch to deal with a heavy barrier enemy team comp or is dying a lot by running away from healers/shoots into reflecting genjis... a lot.

Meanwhile, our tank gets all or almost all golds. I feel it's just the match making system, at least in QP, prioritizes a 50/50 win-loss ratio, so you are going to get people that purposefully do this kind of stuff when you win too much, it just can be frustrating after a while when those same folks get upset about losing for XYZ reason. I've basically just perma-turned off match and team chat, since it's just people being 5 year olds half the time. Makes the games much more enjoyable.

As for competitive, had a pharah literally scream into his mic with broken English for the healer(s) to pocket him and then hurled so many explicatives at the mercy when he died because the mercy was healing the tanks. Then just shat on the mercy and fellow teammates the entire game. That made me think: why do I play this game mode again?
    Waste not, want not.

Looking forwars to some games tonight. Haven't played yet today and need that fix.
    Joking aside, I usually try to play approx 6 games a day and I'm getting a little tired of picking support. Most people don't play it, and I don't like that playing this type of character means I rely more on my team than I do myself to win.
    Just as an example, use Moira Ult (or Mercy) and Rein instantly drops his shield when at the cap point and the enemy is still at the door way out of his range, and just runs at them full tilt swinging a hammer. At least try and lead with a charge if you're going to do something stupid like that.
    On the flipside, when I play Zen and the enemy doesn't have Ana, I almost have to scream at Rein to swing his hammer. Had a payload match once, the teamfight left me and Rein, while the enemy had 76, Winston, DVa, and Genji clustered on the cart. Both of the enemy support were dead. I pop Trans, tell Rein to clean them up, he just stands there with his shield up. Every .5 second I'm on voicechat going "swing...Rein swing...Rein kill...swing you hammer!" Needless to say, they sat on the payload pumping shots into his shield with no fear and once trans ended they quickly finished us off with about 40-50% health left on each of them. Serious facepqlm moment.
    I've been trying to develop my damage and tank skills more lately because I'm so tired of being at the mercy of my team so often.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally get back to Plat, and just...what the hell happened? I start getting teams that allow Tracers to run behind the team unopposed while I'm forced to fight her 1v1 as Mercy.
    Same team they charge in, I get picked, I'm running back and enemy Rein standing under the bridge blocking my path. 4 teammates on payload, I tell them he's blocking me and I can't get to them to heal and the enemy gets back and protects cap while Rein just stands there launching knowing I can't make it thru. Next push, we get a pick, to thru the bridge, enemy Hig hooks me as I'm following behind, our Moira turns to us, launches a damage orb and holds right click while Hog kills me.
    Just depressing.

@Eapoe

You don't ever have to fill. This season my main is high masters playing only Genji/Hanzo/Sombra/Soldier, my alt I played from plat to middling masters on Hanzo only and my toplaywithfriends alt is sitting in diamond, DPS only.

Flexing is nice, but ranking up on support and tank roles is a lot harder. If you belong at a higher rank than where you are you should play DPS to carry teams, then flex at your correct rank.

10+ Year Old Account
    it annoys me so much when people play reaper and dont do his job =/

10+ Year Old Account
    If you’re caught duelling Tracer as Mercy, you need to just get to your Tank, (if not Pharah or Widow on high ground) if she’s sensible she won’t follow if not your team should be able to deal with her. Like, the worst thing you can do against Tracer on basically any hero is get sucked away from your team into a duel; it’s exactly where she excels and exactly what she wants. I get with Zen or Ana you don’t have the mobility but they do have a little more fighting chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    i swear its like you're invisible to healers if you play genji or pharah

you can be sitting in front of them spamming i need healing at 34 hp for 10 seconds and they will legit not heal you

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post

you can be sitting in front of them spamming i need healing at 34 hp for 10 seconds and they will legit not heal you
    This is my experience with some healers as well. I think they like to sit with a tank and hold heal on them after putting a paper weight on the tab key and watching their healing medal, while masturbating with the other hand.

Then after you carry them to a W and tell them how shit they are at awareness and healing, they screech about their golden healing medallion.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2018-01-21 at 11:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Depends on the healer, and it's not just those heroes. Hell I've lost track of the number of times I've been sat on a choke trying to push at 30% health when a fucking purple Orb floats by...

Meanwhile damage boosting Genji Dragonblade is the one time I'll risk grossly over extending myself with Mercy.

10+ Year Old Account
    love when im winning the first 10 seconds of a game and get robbed bc someone got butthurt and left >___>

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on the healer, and it's not just those heroes. Hell I've lost track of the number of times I've been sat on a choke trying to push at 30% health when a fucking purple Orb floats by...

Meanwhile damage boosting Genji Dragonblade is the one time I'll risk grossly over extending myself with Mercy.
    for me its any healer lol i mean sometimes mercy gets me but most mercy players do not predict incoming damage so its really hard to have her heal genji. i had a zen the other day and i think i almost shit myself in disbelief because it felt like orb of harmony was on me for 60%+ of the match. Ana and Moira players dont even try to heal me and Lucios... Well, they are Lucios.

Personally I don't play Mercy anymore because I just don't see a point. Shot for shot I guarantee every single one that I land has more value than 90%+ of players I've played with. I just don't have the patience to play support; my tolerance for stupid mistakes is pretty low and historically my winrate as support has been pretty awful. I just always find myself in a situation where I'm, say, standing right behind a Roadhog and Moira & S76 run right by him, I'm boosting him and he doesn't even turn around to hook one of them, let alone shoot at them and I instantly die lol

I just feel like I am much better off playing dps and counterpicking the heroes players are most scared of/least confident in their ability to fight.

They should just reroll Mercy to a DPS hero.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2018-01-21 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    This milky white background on the home screen sucks when you are opening loot crates, can't see the sparkle too well to see if I have it already or not.
    3rd world problems right?

If you’re caught duelling Tracer as Mercy, you need to just get to your Tank, (if not Pharah or Widow on high ground) if she’s sensible she won’t follow if not your team should be able to deal with her. Like, the worst thing you can do against Tracer on basically any hero is get sucked away from your team into a duel; it’s exactly where she excels and exactly what she wants. I get with Zen or Ana you don’t have the mobility but they do have a little more fighting chance.
    Didn't have a choice. My team was staggering most of the round going in 5v5 while I tried to run back. At one point I waited for them, and they would go into the choke just to have Tracer come from behind us and they would ignore her, leaving me alone against her. My choice was dance around as much as possible healing the team until she killed me or try to shoot her to get her to back off. Hell, on 1 push, my team marched right in, let Tracer run thru them, not blink, not flank, but just W key thru them. Some turned, even said kill this Tracer, I start healing Hog because he got low, my team walks up to the cap point leaving me and Hog against Tracer and I end up getting killed. It was depressing how little awareness my team had, even when I called things out for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    @Eapoe

You don't ever have to fill. This season my main is high masters playing only Genji/Hanzo/Sombra/Soldier, my alt I played from plat to middling masters on Hanzo only and my toplaywithfriends alt is sitting in diamond, DPS only.

Flexing is nice, but ranking up on support and tank roles is a lot harder. If you belong at a higher rank than where you are you should play DPS to carry teams, then flex at your correct rank.
    True, but at this point I have so much time played as Support I feel my skills are severely lacking in the damage area. Plus, I know I'm not a high masters player. I feel I could hit high Plat to mid diamond, but that's where my FPS skills would sit. My trackings not the best and I have so little time on damage that I feel I'd hold my team back more than help them going full time damage dealer.

- - - Updated - - -

Playing a lot of support roles, and then playing a few games as damage, I can completely see where you are coming from. To be fair though, a lot of people that play Pharah overextend...a LOT. I've had people pick Pharah when the team healers are Moira and Lucio, hell I was on Moira the game I'm talking about. Pharah would fly all the way to Narnia and sit above the enemy team against McCree and 76 and then yell and complain at his team he was getting no healing.
    Another game, I was healing on Zen, and our Pharah would fly so far out of range trying to get early kills that I couldn't even orb her. That one at least kept quiet about it though.
    It's also not just Genji and Pharah. A lot of games I get in where people go Support just have no awareness. Lot of games I stick right next to Mercy as Rein or DVa or any number of damage dealers just to watch the person heal someone else that has no damage, let's me die, and just keeps the beam on one person. Lot of support lately seem to have tunnel vision where 1 person takes a little damage and that's suddenly the only person who's getting hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    As a widowmaker main she probably experiences far more toxicity than the average person who tries to help their team win at the cost of momentary enjoyment.
    It does beg the question, which character gets more toxicity, Widowmaker or Hanzo?

Wow, people sure are retarded in this game. Why the fuck are people even playing comp when they're not trying to win? "I play for fun"? STICK TO QUICKPLAY YOU UTTER MONG.

love when im winning the first 10 seconds of a game and get robbed bc someone got butthurt and left >___>

- - - Updated - - -

for me its any healer lol i mean sometimes mercy gets me but most mercy players do not predict incoming damage so its really hard to have her heal genji. i had a zen the other day and i think i almost shit myself in disbelief because it felt like orb of harmony was on me for 60%+ of the match. Ana and Moira players dont even try to heal me and Lucios... Well, they are Lucios.

Personally I don't play Mercy anymore because I just don't see a point. Shot for shot I guarantee every single one that I land has more value than 90%+ of players I've played with. I just don't have the patience to play support; my tolerance for stupid mistakes is pretty low and historically my winrate as support has been pretty awful. I just always find myself in a situation where I'm, say, standing right behind a Roadhog and Moira & S76 run right by him, I'm boosting him and he doesn't even turn around to hook one of them, let alone shoot at them and I instantly die lol

I just feel like I am much better off playing dps and counterpicking the heroes players are most scared of/least confident in their ability to fight.
    I love it when a team pushes the payload 99.9% of the way to the final control point and someone leaves the game when all you had to do was stop the other team from getting 99.8% of the way to the objective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    It does beg the question, which character gets more toxicity, Widowmaker or Hanzo?
    Hanzo. Nobody wants him on their team. Too many bad ones out there. The drop off aim is more difficult than 'put recticle over head, pull trigger' of Widow so players tend to miss more with him. His ult is very easy to avoid and he has no escape like widow does. People also play him wrong, he should be a mid range to short range killer but everyone wants to play sniper without a scope.

I personally never play him unless it is a rando arcade game, and I suck at hitting with him but I always get opponents who accuse me of using an aim bot. They can't see or hear my misses so they assume when I do hit that I never miss.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    Wow, people sure are retarded in this game. Why the fuck are people even playing comp when they're not trying to win? "I play for fun"? STICK TO QUICKPLAY YOU UTTER MONG.
    I play competitive to get golden guns, and have a laugh I'm totally indifferent if i win or lose.

I want to step into competitive, but my overwatch crashes so fething often I don’t want to let down my team, and being junkrat main I am not sure I’ll be well-recepted;(

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    True, but at this point I have so much time played as Support I feel my skills are severely lacking in the damage area. Plus, I know I'm not a high masters player. I feel I could hit high Plat to mid diamond, but that's where my FPS skills would sit. My trackings not the best and I have so little time on damage that I feel I'd hold my team back more than help them going full time damage dealer.
    There is nothing wrong with being a DPS main at that tier. You will get better and that is where the tanks and healers belong as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Perfect Storm View Post
    I want to step into competitive, but my overwatch crashes so fething often I don’t want to let down my team, and being junkrat main I am not sure I’ll be well-recepted;(
    There is a place in comp for everyone, even if it is bronze, don't let anxiety keep you from doing it.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2018-01-21 at 10:42 PM.