Gotta love ana the heal, who focuses on long range shooting enemy players instead of healing his own team....... pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    haha. You guys still whining about being in the wrong rank.
    Just watched another video featuring you:
    https://youtu.be/u7pJAy-8CfU
    I'm well on my way to masters, if it wasn't for the throwers and leavers I would already be there. They prolong the time it takes to reach it a lot.

I encounter a lot of people who I don't think should be in diamond, not even in platinum, due to how horrible they play.

Had a good'ol 0-5 losing streak yesterday and dropped down under Plat once again (which is fine by me, i don't see any huge difference between silver, gold and plat players). The highlight of the night however was the pure salt (and terrible behaviour) of a teenage girl who decided to take a big sh@t all over the team. We started the game by defending Junkertown, i picked the good'ol Junkrat since we already had a soldier to take care of the enemy Pharah. She picked D.Va. We only had 1 healer (a poor Zen who was trying his damned best to keep us up) but we somehow managed to do well on the first 2-3 mins of the fight. At some point though it all started to crumble as it so easily does and we lost the first point. They barely captured it and we could have stopped or at least slowed them down if we had grouped up and played together , however she didn't want that. Before the enemy captured the second point she proceeded to call me an "impotent" player and threatened me and the whole team that if i didn't give her Junk she would go Widow (naturally). I laughed it off obviously and proceeded to try and play the game. We were a dijointed mess however and the last points were captured quite easily by the enemy. At the start of the second round she immediately went Widow (and the other players of our team picked "fun" heroes like Hanzo and Torb) and she started calling me toxic and all that jazz. The thing is that i wouldn't mind if she had asked me to change to a support or to something else politely, but to threaten me and the whole team (to an extend) that you would throw if you didnt get a hero you want, is a d@ck move if i have seen one.
    All in all t'was a fine night.
    Last edited by YorHa-Unit-2B; 2018-03-23 at 02:37 PM.
    For the Glory of Mankind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordrevangr View Post
    Had a good'ol 0-5 losing streak yesterday...
    That's what turns me off of competitive play. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it seems that I almost always get five to ten games in a row where someone quits, or is playing to lose rank so they can smurf. Wins and losses are VERY streaky, and I just don't have the will power to sit through all the losses before I get the streak of wins.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I went 5-0 last night and I'm still at virtually the same SR I've been for months.
    ---
    Oh my godddddd, 10-0 so close!
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2018-03-23 at 07:33 PM.

(Re)Introducing "Avoid as Teammate" function. What do you think ? I believe, just like the old "Avoid player" option, it is going to be abused. They should have kept "Prefer player" instead.

- - - Updated - - -

TL;DW : You can select up to 2 persons to avoid. For 7 days, the matchmaking will make sure the 2 players won't end up in your team. After this time, the players will be removed from your list and you'll have to re-add them.

Also, if there are too many players who have you in their "Avoid as teammate" list, you'll get a warning message.
    Last edited by A-sayo; 2018-03-25 at 02:04 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

I think I'm getting worse at this game.

Quote Originally Posted by dialectic View Post
    I think I'm getting worse at this game.
    That is because You are.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    (Re)Introducing "Avoid as Teammate" function. What do you think ?
    It's absolute garbage. 2 people serves just about no purpose as the amount of people who troll or continuously ruin your games are more than 2.
    BAD WOLF

Win 2 games, lose 3. Glad to see the game is going just like it always has. Last game had a toxic ahole who then pissed off our Mercy (solo healing) who then refused to heal anyone except for Pharah. Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Win 2 games, lose 3. Glad to see the game is going just like it always has. Last game had a toxic ahole who then pissed off our Mercy (solo healing) who then refused to heal anyone except for Pharah. Fun times.
    That is a great ratio since, excluding draws, half of all matches are losses.

Sooooooo what is the problem?

Even the best players in the world lose.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    3/5 ≠ 1/2

40% win rate is not 'great'. It's abysmal and would see you plummeting down to Bronze if continued without end.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    3/5 ≠ 1/2

40% win rate is not 'great'. It's abysmal and would see you plummeting down to Bronze if continued without end.
    I read win 2 of 3 games.

I was very tired. My bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    3/5 ≠ 1/2

Not true, as long as you keep trying your SR losses start to become pretty insignificant compared to your gains from wins. I’ve been in that world of <10 SR loss >30 SR gains when I’ve had such a poor win record, I think it was S5 or 6 were that cruel to me. Of course you get reported for sandbagging and shit down there because you obviously shouldn’t be there and it sucks on all kinds of levels, but I’m fairly sure it’s impossible for me to get below 1750.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Not true, as long as you keep trying your SR losses start to become pretty insignificant compared to your gains from wins. I’ve been in that world of <10 SR loss >30 SR gains when I’ve had such a poor win record, I think it was S5 or 6 were that cruel to me. Of course you get reported for sandbagging and shit down there because you obviously shouldn’t be there and it sucks on all kinds of levels, but I’m fairly sure it’s impossible for me to get below 1750.
    40% is likely just below average though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    40% is likely just below average though.
    No idea, but honestly measuring it over 8 games is hardly representative in any case. Not when you can easily play a couple hundred matches in a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    No idea, but honestly measuring it over 8 games is hardly representative in any case. Not when you can easily play a couple hundred matches in a season.
    Oh for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Do they make ranked worse with every iteration? I've been placed so incredibly low this season but the usual catchup mechanics arent in place, so Im hovering around gold/plat losing and winning the exact same amount of points, instead of the normal 40-50 sr you gain when they place you low.

I mean at this rate screw vanilla WoW, I want vanilla OW, season 2/3 seemed playable, been a shitshow for me since then, feels like the only motivation to do ranked is for gold weapons nowadays.
    Fucking hear hear. The game's Ranked mode has gotten progressively worse for me each and every single season.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    haha. You guys still whining about being in the wrong rank.
    Just watched another video featuring you:
    https://youtu.be/u7pJAy-8CfU
    Right, a video about someone who acts like toxic douchebag himself is very credible evidence.

It's absolute garbage. 2 people serves just about no purpose as the amount of people who troll or continuously ruin your games are more than 2.
    Agreed. The fact that its also temporary doesn't help either. Okay great, you've banned getting paired with 2 doucebags.

A week from now, they'll be off your ban. Absolutely useless.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2018-03-25 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post

Sooooooo what is the problem?

Even the best players in the world lose.
    1/2 of all matches shouldn't be losses. Previous seasons I've managed to keep a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio. This season I have experienced more losses than wins. The SR design also gets me frustrated as I win games but then I lose 1 and it drops me back because I didn't play a map as well as others on that character. (I still hate this design philosophy if it doesn't show). Now, I have Moreno losses than wins and I am just steadily dropping, albeit slowly.
    I've always said I'm not a master or GM player, even expecting Diamond would be a stretch for me to achieve, but Ive always managed mid Plat to high gold range, but this season I'm likely to place silver by the end without all the long breaks I take.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    1/2 of all matches shouldn't be losses. Previous seasons I've managed to keep a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio. This season I have experienced more losses than wins. The SR design also gets me frustrated as I win games but then I lose 1 and it drops me back because I didn't play a map as well as others on that character. (I still hate this design philosophy if it doesn't show). Now, I have Moreno losses than wins and I am just steadily dropping, albeit slowly.
    I've always said I'm not a master or GM player, even expecting Diamond would be a stretch for me to achieve, but Ive always managed mid Plat to high gold range, but this season I'm likely to place silver by the end without all the long breaks I take.
    Yes 1/2 of all matches should be losses, half of all games played are lost, unless you are on a deity team that wins most games and is very top of the ladder.