Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Yes 1/2 of all matches should be losses, half of all games played are lost, unless you are on a deity team that wins most games and is very top of the ladder.
    As stated, when you play previous seasons at a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio, then not 1/2 of your games are losses. Saying that 1/2 of your games should be losses is just a defeatist attitude and resignation to stop trying to be better.
    As stated, this current season is more of a 1:2 to a 1:4 ratio of W:L. That again shows that 1/2 of my games are not losses but actually more than that.
    To assume that 1/2 of your games are wins and the other 1/2 are losses would mean people wouldn't be placed in areas like Diamon and higher.
    BTW, most of your posts lately come off as just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Right, a video about someone who acts like toxic douchebag himself is very credible evidence.

You have absolutely zero humor, Eric. That's probably your problem in-game. Too tense and "nervy".
    People send in their own gameplays, so they want him to drag them.
    And him dragging them has no meaning to whether he is right or wrong about their rank and how terrible or well they are doing.

Not great at all but I'm still having fun. I stopped caring about my SR once I got below 2k rating because actually trying to get back above 2k is impossible for me even when I fill healer or tank. Now I just play junkrat all the time and have fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    You have absolutely zero humor, Eric. That's probably your problem in-game. Too tense and "nervy".
    I'm fine for having humor during a game, but some degree of seriousness must be present for a Ranked game. Unless you're stomping
    the opposition super hard, then yeah, joke away.

As for you, well, your comment didn't come across as being funny. So I dunno, be more funny next time?

It isn't being argumentative. Half of all games played have to result in a loss for 6/12.

Ugh, I see the new problem is zenyata, Lucio, Brig trio on defence, everytime you get your attack group to go in one of them has ult ready.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Brig+Moira is pretty nasty tbh.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    That's what turns me off of competitive play. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it seems that I almost always get five to ten games in a row where someone quits, or is playing to lose rank so they can smurf. Wins and losses are VERY streaky, and I just don't have the will power to sit through all the losses before I get the streak of wins.
    In all honesty, one of the best things people can do to get a better understanding how their own experience is to actually track your results. There's plenty of spreadsheets and such you can download. Record your SR gains and losses (at least) for every match you play in for a season. You can include hero picks if you want more data; if you're a flex player and you see that you're losing way more often with McCree than Soldier 76, you should probably question why you play McCree.

But it's useful just for seeing the distribution. There'll be streaks. But if you want to compare it to random chance, flip a coin 50 times, or roll a die and record how many times it shows 1-3 rather than 4-6. You'll get streaks there, too. But a run of 5 "wins" isn't any less "likely" than a win/loss/win/loss/win. They're both equally likely outcomes over a 5-match run. Now, you could ALSO get win/loss/loss/win/win, or win/loss/loss/win/loss, and a lot of other variations that are more balanced, but any specific 5-match outcome sequence is equally unlikely.

And with OW, it's a bit off because it's not purely random. There's systems in place to nudge you back. In particular, if you have a streak, you SR changes a lot. That puts you up against a different class of opponents, and your skill compared to theirs is at an increasing divide. Eventually, if you were properly-ranked in the first place, that'll break and you'll tend to waffle back to that middle point.

There's a lot of perception bias in play. You notice the streaks that are bad, or awesome. You don't really notice the more-irregular moments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    In all honesty, one of the best things people can do to get a better understanding how their own experience is to actually track your results.
    Did that, this season and several seasons ago. It is far outside of chance. There is something still very off about Blizzards matchmaking system. Even happens in quick play.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Played some games yesterday, first some deathmatches and then a bit of qp. I was a dead weight. Couldn't hit a single thing, wrist was hurting when trying to shoot the pharah. Haven't been that bad in games since I started playing fps. Left the game in rage. Hopefully today will be better.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Get a torb dispensing armor, Brig perm ult, and Sym with barrier projector and you basically get every squishy on your team turned into a tank.

That or match Brig with Lucio and Zen on defence and you get someone ulting on every enemy wave in a way that no one can kill your team with offensive ults unless they bait your ults out and save an ult for after which they most likely won't live long enough to finish baiting since your team is unkillable long enough to kill their team.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the enemy team takes the first point super easily in Mystery Heroes, no point in sticking around. Best to try a different game
    and hope for a better "lottery."

I hope they bring in a map veto feature at some point. Game keeps giving me Blizzard World and i absolutely hate that map for anything other than sightseeing.

I got a play of the game on Symmetra that I thought was hilarious. While I was standing on the payload at the finishing line of Junkertown, I did not actually manage to connect a beam or orb to anything. I was chasing a tracer around the payload with no success, but turrets were doing work off-screen in a couple of different locations. It was pretty awkward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    I hope they bring in a map veto feature at some point. Game keeps giving me Blizzard World and i absolutely hate that map for anything other than sightseeing.
    Same. I would enjoy the game so much more if I could just play KotH maps. I'm convinced Blizzard has increased the odds of getting Junkertown/Blizzworld now too. I hate those maps; waaaay too open. These maps make people play poorly and often make for very boring games.

I'm curious what kinds of maps people prefer, and whether a majority prefers one map type or whether people's preferences are spread out equally.

Keep getting comp games where I'm the only healer or tank all the time. Muted for 23 days as a result of yelling at my team after the 5th straight game of people being asshats. So, pretty much nothing out of the ordinary here.

I 100% agree with the idea of a map veto feature. If Blizz's only concern is people abusing it in groups by having a different person veto each map they didn't want to play so they'd constantly have a small rotation of maps, they could just only allow it while queuing solo.

So I had this question: why is the game silencing players trying to help bad players instead of banning bad players so the good ones can play in peace?

Hellboy guy talks too much.

10 games in a row where the enemy wins without even trying, cause my team just runs in 1 at a time and dies. I can see this is gonna be like every other team game I play. I get nothing but idiots. Just need to quit playing this now.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    If the enemy team takes the first point super easily in Mystery Heroes, no point in sticking around. Best to try a different game
    and hope for a better "lottery."
    Nah there are some end points that are so close to spawn that you can hold them much easier. Besides you could always get the roll of the die that gives you 3 bastions, 2 orisas and a mercy or 5 torbjorns. Thus the joy of mystery hero. The only time I leave is when it is obviously a team full of retards who run in one at a time or cant figure out how to target priority. "Lets see, I shoot the roadhog and the mercy heals him so I obviously have to keep shooting roadhog!"
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-03-29 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    10 games in a row where the enemy wins without even trying, cause my team just runs in 1 at a time and dies. I can see this is gonna be like every other team game I play. I get nothing but idiots. Just need to quit playing this now.
    It is amazing how many people still trickle in and use their ults by themselves in a 1v6 situation, even in the upper gold/lower platinum where I'm at and there is really no excuse for this outside of bronze league. I'm not extremely vocal on comms in ranked play but half of what I do say is telling the team to hold up and attack together. And it's frustrating when people still don't listen and you basically have to find the largest clump of people to attack with and hope for the best.