10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God King Rastakhan View Post
    For the last 10-15 games I've lost every single one because every. Single. Fucking. Matchup I get placed with sub lvl 100's, whereas my opposing team is always at least two level 500+ and the rest is 200/300. HOW THE FUCK is this balanced!?

I've lost over 300 points and I've gone down a rank, why is this even possible?
    Matchmaking is based on SR, not level.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Kinda sucks that people have such a problem with scatter arrow and they haven't even made the conclusion that Jakerat has unlimited scatter arrows all day by spamming left click around corners. Now he's basically the only dps that can attack that way. Not really a good place to be in tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    They don't have to, in the same time Hanzo can scatter (10 seconds) Junkrat has already killed your whole team from RNG homing grenades that bounce around just like scatter. RNGrat. It's actually worse, which was the point.
    1> Scatter is deemed an issue not because of random arrows flying everywhere, but because you can shoot the ground in front of someone, and all the shards bounce up and hit them in the chest/head. The shards do up to 450 damage. Even hitting with half will one-shot a DPS or healer. They can also erase tanks.

2> Junkrat's grenades have longer travel time and bigger arcs, and only hit for 120 damage each. If you're running into his mess of bombs, you were asking for it. There's no warning from an incoming Scatter.

3> Junkrat is an area-denial guy. Spamming grenades around a corner means you should take another route and shiv him in the flank.

I have serious issues with Hanzo's design because easily 50% of my deaths to Hanzo feel unfair. It's either a scatter that one-shots with poor aim, or it's the random arrow fired at empty space that magically headshots me while I had no prior warning. It's the combination of lack of skill with the lack of warning that's the issue; a Widowmaker headshotting you doesn't "feel" as bad because she had to track you and shoot you directly, not launch and pray. Junkrat launches and prays, but his bombs are big glowy bouncy balls, and if you're running into that, you knew what was coming. There's probably not much they'll do about the random Hanzo spam arrows, though adding a better visual or sound effect to show there's incoming fire would help (as there is for, say, Soldier 76 spamming shots at a doorway). But Scatter needs some rework, since it was designed as an AoE tool to catch people hiding in rooms, and it's being used as a one-shot tool.

I have no idea what their rework ideas are, or how deep they're going, but assuming he keeps the same abilities, increasing arrow flight speed significantly and changing Scatter to only hit a given target once or twice would be a big help. Increasing arrow flight speed A> makes it easier for Hanzo to fight at a distance with good aim, and B> means it's WAY less likely he'll spam a corner and hope your head shows up before the arrow gets there.

First placement match:
    Duo that takes Sym+Torb on Numbani attack. I pick Mercy and they tell me to give it to another player because he is a Mercy one trick pony. I change and then they "correct" themselves and says "she", because all Mercy one tricks are female.

Then they go to /game chat and ask everyone what they think about black people, and the player they said was a Mercy one trick said s/he had them last game also and that both teams reported them.

The game starts and we stand no chance of course. Not the best picks and already a toxic environment is just setting up for the team to fail. They nag about how they have gold elims and the Sym places her teleported so the rest of us immediately drops off the map(why is this still a thing - just prevent people from placing the teleports close to edges of the maps?).

Now I don't feel like doing the rest of the placements incase I get them again. Losing the match is one thing, but it's kinda hard to play well(since it's about individual skill also) when you're outnumbered and... toxified.
    It's so sad, because the punishment(from reporting) won't be enough, I'm sure.

Also: fun premade to play with. Not.
    https://imgur.com/a/QsXjH
    Steamrolled as the other team played 2-2-2.

So many of these games lately: Winston/DVa as the tanks, neither goes for the Widow hanging by herself with no help unless she drops into a team fight. Moira's refusing to heal, even when they are the only support.
    So many games I'm getting teams with 3 damage players who lose elims/damage done to a Zen (who usually has gold healing, not like the player is focusing damage).
    I also just had someone tell me I'm a hard carry as Zarya even though I had gold everything (minus healing) on a game we lost. Do people even know how to insult others anymore?
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2018-04-16 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I also just had someone tell me I'm a hard carry as Zarya even though I had gold everything (minus healing) on a game we lost. Do people even know how to insult others anymore?
    Are you sure it was an insult? They might have meant you carried hard (despite the loss) rather than that you were hard to carry.

The amount of salt in this thread will sustain me for months.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Deleted
    Bouncing pretty hard between 2700 and 2950 - as soon as I get matched against a few diamonds the game seems to just get too hard. I'm not quite sure why, I just get focussed harder (Maining D.va atm - I get de-meched so easy at times), my ults are less impactful and any damage I do seems to get shrugged off easily. But, after dropping down for a few matches, once everyone is plat again, I feel like I dominate. I guess there's just a skill barrier between plat/diamond that I'm just not at yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Are you sure it was an insult? They might have meant you carried hard (despite the loss) rather than that you were hard to carry.
    No, it was definitely meant as an insult. The person and I had exhanged words during the match because at 1 point I asked Widow to swap because she wasn't getting any picks against the enemy team, and I also asked Ana to switch because the enemy had Winston and DVa and when they dived on our tanks they would have Matrix or Winston's shield going and Ana would do no healing.
    Both times I stated that I'm not insulting them or saying they are bad players, but the picks are bad against the enemy comp. I even offered to swap roles if they weren't comfortable on another damage or support character.
    The person who tried to insult me later made comments about how I complained the whole game, blaming either the damage or the support for why the enemy was pushing the cart. I never blamed them, just pointed out their picks weren't working at that point as the enemy picked to counter some of our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    My current strategy to be able to play this game the way the developers intended, is to completely shut down the idea of engaging within the community, and just playing very seldom with a premade, stacking is the only thing that makes this game shine in a positive light for me, and thats truly sad.
    Premade is blatantly what the game is built for, despite how small an audience actually want to participate in it. Hell even other players on the forums have no answer other than to find a full team to shackle yourself to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    No, it was definitely meant as an insult. The person and I had exhanged words during the match because at 1 point I asked Widow to swap because she wasn't getting any picks against the enemy team, and I also asked Ana to switch because the enemy had Winston and DVa and when they dived on our tanks they would have Matrix or Winston's shield going and Ana would do no healing.
    Both times I stated that I'm not insulting them or saying they are bad players, but the picks are bad against the enemy comp. I even offered to swap roles if they weren't comfortable on another damage or support character.
    The person who tried to insult me later made comments about how I complained the whole game, blaming either the damage or the support for why the enemy was pushing the cart. I never blamed them, just pointed out their picks weren't working at that point as the enemy picked to counter some of our team.
    Offering advice or asking people to swap because they are being worthless never works. I've tried so many times with Widow and Hanzo and they just tell me QP is QP. I feel your pain.

Signature Created by Jassinta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Absolutely not. Hanzo is already dumb enough with his tree sized arrows. He should not ever be able to bring down a shield solo.
    He's the only hero with a sub 50% win rate above Diamond into GM.

If you have 3+ golds in comp and your team loses, you shouldn't lose any ranking. Particularly if you're a healer.

That is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    If you have 3+ golds in comp and your team loses, you shouldn't lose any ranking. Particularly if you're a healer.

That is all.
    gold medals dont mean shit lol

for example, if you played a game 4mins long and gold damage is 4k damage its because someones team is shit

If you're a Moira, getting gold medals is pretty easy...Gold healing for obv reasons, Elimination and Obj kills from tagging people with purple orb/right click. By this logic, the guy who farmed gold damage shooting a Hog instead of the Ana behind should not lose sr either, which isn't...logic.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

That is all.
    You guys and your golds.... golds don’t mean jack shit as far as skill. It just means out of all the shits on your team you were slightly less shitty than the rest. You could get gold damage on junkrat but still be a shit junk rat because you spent the whole game doing damage to a 4 tank comp but not the two healers and nobody on the opposing team died because you didn’t kill the healers and they erased your damage while you filled their ult gadges.

Forget the golds, follow the winners.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You guys and your golds.... golds don’t mean jack shit as far as skill. It just means out of all the shits on your team you were slightly less shitty than the rest. You could get gold damage on junkrat but still be a shit junk rat because you spent the whole game doing damage to a 4 tank comp but not the two healers and nobody on the opposing team died because you didn’t kill the healers and they erased your damage while you filled their ult gadges.

Forget the golds, follow the winners.
    Point being if I'm constantly playing healer/tank and getting golds and doing well in my role, I shouldn't be held responsible because my teammates are shitlords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Point being if I'm constantly playing healer/tank and getting golds and doing well in my role, I shouldn't be held responsible because my teammates are shitlords.
    depends on hero

DVA is one of the highest damage dealing heroes in the game atm, even GM players only average 3k damage per round with Moira. but then again, a lot of DPS players are fucking useless mongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    depends on hero

DVA is one of the highest damage dealing heroes in the game atm, even GM players only average 3k damage per round with Moira. but then again, a lot of DPS players are fucking useless mongs.
    Yeah, I dunno. It's just frustrating to play whatever's needed every round and constantly get shit on by the opposing team because they're all a bunch of window-licking mouthbreathers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    (long quote)
    While I don't disagree with you, you can do everything right every game and your team will still find ways to fail. It doesn't matter how good you are (I mean unless you're a GM player smurfing in which case you can prolly tear it up a little bit. I'm definitely not any better than gold max, but I'm forever in bronze and can't climb out.

You are responsible for your team mates being shit lords because you are completely capable of deciding who you play with but you are lazy and use a find random shit lord button.

Nobody ever acknowledges their own role in their losses and always finds others to blame for team failures even if they have to do spine shattering backflips to do it. You are not an exception to the rule and you and only you earned your rank.

Your a bronze, you earned that rank and one of the reasons you are a bronze is because you always blame others rather than figuring what you personally are doing wrong. If you can't figure out where you are personally failing you will never improve and you will never get out of bronze. Put up a video of your game play and we could honestly tell you what you are doing that keeps you in bronze but that would require you being able to accept criticism. People don't take well to criticism, positive or otherwise just like they are more likely to blame others first rather than self-analyse.

My kid got placed in diamond with no FPS experience and had to dump down into bronze where she had to learn the game and she climbed out of bronze into Diamond in 6 months. So don’t give me this victim bullshit that you can’t get out of bronze.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-04-17 at 04:28 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Defending Volskaya and i'm playing Ana. I'm left alone to deal with a Tracer, Reaper and Sombra that flanked across the gap because team doesn't react to the call that the enemy is behind us.
    I kill the Tracer and the Reaper but die to the Sombra while the rest of my team dies to 3 people at the first choke. Enemy team just steamrolls to the end from that.
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2018-04-17 at 08:01 AM.

Retribution, a friend finally managed to beat Legendary. Thing is...He used the glitches preventing adds from spawning on 1st Heavy and had the awesome luck of having one of the 2 heavies stuck on the other side of the map at the end, making it a cakewalk. Worst, he kept bragging about how good and better than the others who didn't have this...luck. I should be happy for him...but I'm just disgusted to the core.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.