Deleted
    So, I bought a second game copy. As my first account was stuck to gold after not playing ranked for some seasons.

Second account got ranked after 10 games with only 3 wins at 2968. This game is so bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    That's funny, since I get your point. You're just wrong.
    But it's okay, you play a little more and then maybe you can carry yourself out of plat.

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    So, I bought a second game copy. As my first account was stuck to gold after not playing ranked for some seasons.

Second account got ranked after 10 games with only 3 wins at 2968. This game is so bad.
    It's so stupid, I haven't done comp this season because of that.

I sucked dick in S1 and it's fucked me over since. I crawled up to gold last season, did my placements with 8 wins, 1 loss 1 draw and got thrown back into silver. The season before that my mate played mercy on my account for the placement games. (In S1 he was 0.9% top mercy and I think a few SR short of GM, since S2 he's always been in masters bar the last season from not playing). He carried those games, won all 10 some even having gold elims and objective times. Got placed at 1699.

Im really tempted to start over, but I've played a lot to grind out skins etc.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Gotta love it when you open over 30 loot boxes from regular play and arcades and get 3 purples and nothing else but white and blue trash, buy 20 bucks worth for your kid and she gets a dozen gold rewards, Fuck you Blizz.
    I bought the last few events 50 lootboxes (thanks to WoW gold, sadly I'm not rich enough atm to afford it with real money)
    and the overall was 3-4 legendary(atleast one is a duplicate), maybe 7 epics and after the first 20-25 boxes I got only duplicates

missed skins since helloween(though I bought some):

helloween: roadhog, dragon sym, dracula reaper, torb, pirate ana, phara, bastion
    winter wonderland: sombra, tracer
    year of rooster/dog: mccree, both mei
    currently archives: reaper, doomfist, sombra, winston, both torb
    also missed here and there some highlight intros, emotes, etc....

rng is a bitch

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Jake from Team USA says that the way the MM currently is, well, its not made to
    help people improve or get better.
    Jake is not a reliable source of anything other than being in your house with a riptire.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    It's so stupid, I haven't done comp this season because of that.

I sucked dick in S1 and it's fucked me over since. I crawled up to gold last season, did my placements with 8 wins, 1 loss 1 draw and got thrown back into silver. The season before that my mate played mercy on my account for the placement games. (In S1 he was 0.9% top mercy and I think a few SR short of GM, since S2 he's always been in masters bar the last season from not playing). He carried those games, won all 10 some even having gold elims and objective times. Got placed at 1699.

Im really tempted to start over, but I've played a lot to grind out skins etc.
    Yeh, the good thing is it's only cosmetics.

I know the Placement is done from your stats, not your win ratio. But on my first account I even played better I would say, probably also because I have to play with and against worse players. I am just asking, why?
    With the new account the first two games were the same until the matchmaking probably noticed -> hey, he is better than this. Than the already ranked players in the game were always Plat already.
    I mean, I played last season, got ranked 2,3k. The last time I played before this was season 3 I guess. In the end I was high Plat. Season 1 Diamond.
    When I played my first placement matches after that long time last season the first game was matching with bronces! I wrecked through them, haven't died once in the game and a new record in a killing streak for my account.

Why am I getting put in there If I never were in Gold before, and my new account almost get's directly into Diamond?
    There are so much flaws in the matchmaking.

The problem probably is that the baseline is taken from your quickmatch hidden MMR. And that's why I hate those idiots saying "it's just quickplay"

Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    Because normal people sit around recording all their games, right? Other than the proprietary Blizz recording shit like potg etc. I wouldn't even know how to begin doing so. Most of us have lives outside of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

No need to white knight Blizz's game devs; they're big boys and can handle the criticism when they put out a shit product in terms of matchmaking and ranking. Repeatedly stating that there's nothing to see here and everyone should just move along when there are demonstrable problems (I notice you and DMW consistently avoiding responding to the issue of people buying a new account and being placed at a completely different ranking as before despite playing the exact same way) with the system is just really lame apologism and doesn't help anyone.
    It's called google. It isn't hard. Let's not pretend you're that stupid.

You can talk about everyone else holding you back but I am going to bet that you do bronze shit and you deserve to be in bronze. Until you recognize that you yourself are the root of your problems you are never going to get out of bronze. Never.

As a graphic artist let me tell you that there is one rule with criticism, if anyone ever tells you, "Oh my god, you are so good. I wish I could draw like that!" you need to disregard that fucker like they are the dumbest piece of shit on the planet because they are doing you no good. You need someone who will tell you, "Your arms are porportionally off, they shouldn't be that long and you have the muscles wrong. Your buildings are not lining up on the same horizon line and you need to add darker shadows. This logo doesn't inspire me at all." because to improve you need people to tell the truth to you, not bullshit enablers who look for nice things to say because they don't want to be the bad guy. You recognize your own errors and you will improve, it is the only way.

What you are doing is being your own bullshit enabler.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-04-21 at 04:09 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

All I hear are excuses as to why you can't do it. If my 12 year old could stream to youtube and post her videos up in discord then I am sure you can manage too, or is it youtubes fault? It's gotta be someones fault, amirightbrah?

Here, have some pumpkin spice latte.

- - - Updated - - -

"Its everyone elses fault I am stuck in bronze! I'm really a gold, maybe diamond. Blizz stacked the deck against me, I keep getting bad team mates. Mmmm, pumpkin spice latte.... What? Prove that I don't deserve to be in bronze? Uh.... I can't... because uh.... Oh yeah I have a life! I'm too busy, can't do it even if I wanted. I mean I have time to play the game obviously but recording it would require clicking a couple buttons and THEN the playing game AT THE SAME TIME!!! Mmmm. Pumpkin Spice latte...." <- You.
    Your 12 year old is a child with no responsibilities. By all means though, continue being a shitlord, ignoring the flaws in the system, and blame those of us intelligent enough to see them for being whiners and snowflakes, though.

EDIT: to the more reasonable people disagreeing with those of us saying the system is broken, let me express my desires here clearly. I'm not a GM player and I'm probably gold at best, in a perfect world. I really don't give a shit if I'm stuck in bronze though, because the difference in end-of-season rewards between bronze and gold is relatively negligible. My problem is that bronze (and maybe those of you who disagree with us haven't spent any time here) are jam packed with leavers and trolls. What I'm looking for when I play Overwatch is a well-balanced, fair match. I'm not looking for a handout in terms of rewards or boosting to a better bracket when I log in, I'd just like to be matched with 11 other players at the relatively same skill level (which the game does not do), with players who take the game seriously enough to not troll and leave (which the game probably can't do), and ideally it'd be great if it forced 2/2/2 distribution between tank/heal/dps although I recognize the fact that the game realistically can't do that or the game would always devolve into trolling by people who didn't get to play their desired role. I just want a competitive game at my skill level, and Overwatch doesn't provide that for all the reasons I've listed above. I've seen more griefing, trolling, and leaving this season than any past season and it's really frustrating. People leaving sucks no matter who's doing it; yeah it sucks when it's your teammates, but my team the other day won a match that we had no business winning after someone on their team left after they (Junkertown) rolled us all the way to the very end where we somehow made a stand and held them off. 6v5 we pretty easily took care of business and I could just see the dejection in their comments; they weren't even mean about it, just "well, that's 20-30 minutes down the drain because someone took off/dropped." I've had matches end 6v3 and the like, and it's not fun to be on either side of that.

I think that some of you have some misconceptions that the issues that people like me have is based out of some kind of entitled snowflakery, but mainly we just want a game that functions well and pools together people of similar skill for a competitive match, and despite what you may have experienced, that does NOT happen across the board. Don't get me wrong, I like rewards and gold weapons, but a 3 or 2 win or loss that comes down to the wire between similarly skilled teams is a LOT more fun (for me, not speaking for others) than rolling a team 3-0.
    Last edited by sibut; 2018-04-21 at 09:53 PM.

Deleted
    Your 12 year old is a child with no responsibilities. By all means though, continue being a shitlord, ignoring the flaws in the system, and blame those of us intelligent enough to see them for being whiners and snowflakes, though.
    lol you're literally crying because you don't know how to download OBS and press record, and you're not good enough to rank up. Seriously, get a grip.

EDIT: to the more reasonable people disagreeing with those of us saying the system is broken, let me express my desires here clearly. I'm not a GM player and I'm probably gold at best, in a perfect world. I really don't give a shit if I'm stuck in bronze though, because the difference in end-of-season rewards between bronze and gold is relatively negligible. My problem is that bronze (and maybe those of you who disagree with us haven't spent any time here) are jam packed with leavers and trolls. What I'm looking for when I play Overwatch is a well-balanced, fair match. I'm not looking for a handout in terms of rewards or boosting to a better bracket when I log in, I'd just like to be matched with 11 other players at the relatively same skill level (which the game does not do), with players who take the game seriously enough to not troll and leave (which the game probably can't do), and ideally it'd be great if it forced 2/2/2 distribution between tank/heal/dps although I recognize the fact that the game realistically can't do that or the game would always devolve into trolling by people who didn't get to play their desired role. I just want a competitive game at my skill level, and Overwatch doesn't provide that for all the reasons I've listed above. I've seen more griefing, trolling, and leaving this season than any past season and it's really frustrating. People leaving sucks no matter who's doing it; yeah it sucks when it's your teammates, but my team the other day won a match that we had no business winning after someone on their team left after they (Junkertown) rolled us all the way to the very end where we somehow made a stand and held them off. 6v5 we pretty easily took care of business and I could just see the dejection in their comments; they weren't even mean about it, just "well, that's 20-30 minutes down the drain because someone took off/dropped." I've had matches end 6v3 and the like, and it's not fun to be on either side of that.

I think that some of you have some misconceptions that the issues that people like me have is based out of some kind of entitled snowflakery, but mainly we just want a game that functions well and pools together people of similar skill for a competitive match, and despite what you may have experienced, that does NOT happen across the board. Don't get me wrong, I like rewards and gold weapons, but a 3 or 2 win or loss that comes down to the wire between similarly skilled teams is a LOT more fun (for me, not speaking for others) than rolling a team 3-0.
    Well considering she managed to get out of bronze in solo Queue into Diamond you really don't have any room to criticise and she had never played a fps before in her life. Your literally worse than a 12 year old girl at Overwatch. WHining that everyone else is to blame is the "basic bitch" of overwatch gamerbois.

urban Dictionary -> Basic Bitch
    Someone who is unflinchingly upholding of the status quo and stereotypes of their gender without even realizing it. She engages in typical, unoriginal behaviors, modes of dress, speech, and likes. She is tragically/laughably unaware of her utter lack of specialness and intrigue. She believers herself to be unique, fly, amazing, and a complete catch, when really she is boring, painfully normal, and par. She believes her experiences to be crazy, wild, and different or somehow more special than everything that everybody else is doing, when really, almost everyone is doing or has done the exact same thing. She is typical and a dime a dozen. There are many subtypes of basicness, such as the basic ratchet, the basic sorority bitch, the basic groupie bitch, the basic I'm-so-Carrie-from-Sex-and-the-City bitch, etc, but ultimately, they all share the common thread of being expendable and unnoteworthy and, in some cases, having absolutely no redeeming qualities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    lol you're literally crying because you don't know how to download OBS and press record, and you're not good enough to rank up. Seriously, get a grip.
    This! /10characters.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

The typical finger pointing and name calling that should have gotten you an infraction by now but apparently mods don't patrol this forum.
    You've proven yourself to be completely incapable of carrying out an intelligent conversation and your sole data point is your niece's alleged performance; you handwave everyone else's experiences away and call them snowflakes or "basic bitches" for whatever reason.

Welcome to my ignore list. I'll continue the conversation with people on this forum interested in discussing the topic like adults.

Deleted
    You've proven yourself to be completely incapable of carrying out an intelligent conversation and your sole data point is your niece's alleged performance; you handwave everyone else's experiences away and call them snowflakes or "basic bitches" for whatever reason.

Welcome to my ignore list. I'll continue the conversation with people on this forum interested in discussing the topic like adults.
    The problem is there's nothing to discuss, as much as there are more trolls/leavers in bronze its still only a matter of time investment to climb out if you've got the skill.
    There are several arguments as to why the SR system is accurate, my favourite is the statistics approach. However, im pretty certain youre here hoping people will agree with you, rather than to actually discuss.

I particularly like how he felt the need after 6 hours to come back and rib you some more on the same point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Discuss the topics like adults or agree with what ever you say because you don't deal with criticism very well? One more reason why you are a solid bronze. And reading comprehension would show that I said daughter, not niece.

There are two definitions to 'shit lord', people who suck in bronze that you dont want to get queued up with and people who suck in bronze and blame all the other bronzies for their personal failures who other people don't want to queue up with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I particularly like how he felt the need after 6 hours to come back and rib you some more on the same point.
    Why would the time it takes me to reply to a post be something your find worthy of tracking? You will have to forgive me for having a life outside of this forum and not constantly being here to reply to someone. *eyeroll*.

You may need a hobby.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-04-22 at 04:51 PM.

Discuss the topics like adults or agree with what ever you say because you don't deal with criticism very well? One more reason why you are a solid bronze. And reading comprehension would show that I said daughter, not niece.

There are two definitions to 'shit lord', people who suck in bronze that you dont want to get queued up with and people who suck in bronze and blame all the other bronzies for their personal failures who other people don't want to queue up with.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would the time it takes me to reply to a post be something your find worthy of tracking? You will have to forgive me for having a life outside of this forum and not constantly being here to reply to someone. *eyeroll*.

You may need a hobby.
    No I noticed the repeat quote as I was scrolling down the page. Not uncommon when the forum servers burp and double post, but there were quite a few replies in between so I thought I'd look at the times posted. Noticed that you'd gone away and come back to further make your point and I thought it was kinda funny you were as bothered as you had been.

"And another thing....!"

You're right about the hobby thing, even considering re-subscribing to WoW.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    No I noticed the repeat quote as I was scrolling down the page. Not uncommon when the forum servers burp and double post, but there were quite a few replies in between so I thought I'd look at the times posted. Noticed that you'd gone away and come back to further make your point and I thought it was kinda funny you were as bothered as you had been.

"And another thing....!"

You're right about the hobby thing, even considering re-subscribing to WoW.
    Im not bothered, this is a text based medium which does not denote emotions or a state of being bothered, angered, irratated or joyful and happy. Any emotions you 'hear' in my post are entirely placed there by your mind. You hear the tone you imagine me to have. This? This is fun for me. People who can't understand that most likely it isn't everyone else in the world that is the problem, yes more please. Nom nom nom.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been so out of touch with Lucio for such a long time, started playing him again and I sucked... Now I gotta try and get back into him again. He was a main for so long.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Tried to climb out of gold this week. Closest was 2490 or something like that. I have been plat, but now I sit at 2350. Since I started playing OW I have been between 2300-2567, and im fine with that. Thats my skillcap really, especially considering I mostly queue up alone and play with randoms.

Most of the games im either tank or healer. My go to tank is Rein(Second is hog) and my main healer is Lucio(Second Mercy). Tried more and more Moira, and im getting the hand of that playstyle now. Lucio is still my fav though, but I get alot of angry comments when I pick him instead of Moira. Is the difference that big? Considering I play in gold league and not a owl match.

Most frustrating thing this season has been leavers. Dont know if its something wrong with the game for people, but theres been alot of leavers this season. Do people just ragequit more often now? Why even do that when you get suspended for leaving.

Second most frustrating thing is the amount of widows. In pretty much every match there is a widow and its far between the good ones.

I get that playing widow is cool, but I think team comp is much more important. What heroes does our team have, what heroes does the enemy have and what map we are playing. Does this stem from OWL? I havent watched much, but i've seen some pretty good widows there, might be the reason why people play her so much.

On the bright side though: I have noticed this season that the tank/Healer spots gets filled much more often now than previous seasons. Thats a good thing.

Personally I have come to the conclusion that my aim is bonkers and horrid, so I always stay away from the heroes that requires good aim(Soldier, mccree++). Maybe I have gotten bad over the years(31 now), cause I wasnt that bad years ago in shooters lol. If I do play those heroes, its in arcade or maybe QP.

When my go to DPS is junkrat, it pretty much says it all :P

Forever tank or support!

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I have been so out of touch with Lucio for such a long time, started playing him again and I sucked... Now I gotta try and get back into him again. He was a main for so long.
    might wait a little. there are changes on the ptr for lucio

Any emotions you 'hear' in my post are entirely placed there by your mind.
    I wasn't commenting on the content of the posts themselves though. Do try to keep up