Deleted
    i wish they would Ban 3+ stacks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyWayneRuddick View Post
    Yeah I wouldnt call that complaining, just stating fact. Sorry if certain buzz words trigger people on the internet.

Many games utilize group search functions, many of which have similar numbers to overwatch.

Counter Strike doesnt have such an obsession over toxicity and has done fine for years, they've had major problems with cheaters and hackers but theres a different story.

Why do games like OW, LoL, dota 2 draw in such a particular crowd that they are normally aggressive teenagers or people with low maturity trying to be funny/trolling? Maybe they should look at the way the games are designed and who they are catering towards instead. Might be more success there.

Do you think an authentic world war 2 tank simulation would get the same crowd as overwatch? and of those two options which community do you think its gonna be more interested in building a community, Food for thought as an age of empires 2 player that still has a passionate online fan base with no need for such over the top laws
    And now you're presenting opinion as fact... so, go you. You're defending your free speech, I'm defending my freedom of expression, religion and conscience; something "free speechers" are all too ready to attack. Fact would be your freedom ends where mine begins, that's the law. And that's the rules Blizz choose to implement, sorry if you don't like that.

When I played counter-strike (admittedly a long time ago, so not sure how it is now) you selected which servers you played on, usually based ping, map rotation etc. so you got to recognise names as people would generally gravitate to those same places you did. That in itself builds community.

I'm not familiar enough with other games to know if that's the real defining difference, but it's certainly the difference in those titles, plus Diablo, from my experience.

Been playing many games this season. Didn't really play the last three seasons. Have been mainly playing supports. Finally broke into GOLD after countless times climbing and dropping 500 SR.

I really like the idea of LFG, but I just wasn't winning many games with the LFG. I probably only won 30% of my games using the LFG. Where as I win around 60% of my solo queue games.

Moira and Brigitte feel really powerful. 72% win rate on Moira and 77% win rate on Brigitte over 30 games on each. The bash nerf really didn't make a difference. It's also fun completely fucking Rein's who charge in with my bash. I like to hide behind corners and when I see Rein slowly walk in, I bash his ass to stun him and then the rest of my team just lights him up since I force him to drop the shield.

If anything is going to kill this game, it's that people only find "niche" heroes(Sombra, Bastion, Torb, WM, Hanzo, Mei) fun. When you join defense just as attackers capture second point on Hollywood map and then they almost steamroll to victory and you still get gold damage/elim with only 2100 damage done, you know it's because your team has too many of these heroes.

Why are these heroes so popular(not Bastion and Mei)? Any Sombra in QP/low rank hacks someone, clip maybe 10% of someones health and then teleport away. Rinse and repeat.

- - - Updated - - -

And what's up with Hamster damage? It's higher than before Dva got her nerf way back a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They don’t have a naughty queue because they’d rather just not have naughty players. They want those guys in OWL.
    I mean, they have no issue keeping leavers around, the penalties aren't stiff enough.

My games are shit. I'm tired of solo queing against 4 and 5 stacks all fucking day.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    And now you're presenting opinion as fact... so, go you. You're defending your free speech, I'm defending my freedom of expression, religion and conscience; something "free speechers" are all too ready to attack. Fact would be your freedom ends where mine begins, that's the law. And that's the rules Blizz choose to implement, sorry if you don't like that.

When I played counter-strike (admittedly a long time ago, so not sure how it is now) you selected which servers you played on, usually based ping, map rotation etc. so you got to recognise names as people would generally gravitate to those same places you did. That in itself builds community.

I'm not familiar enough with other games to know if that's the real defining difference, but it's certainly the difference in those titles, plus Diablo, from my experience.
    it is fact that when businesses get political their bottom line suffers.

People like to know they are on the right team and you piss off the other team when you take sides.

And its nothing to do with people being familiar with each other, that can help in the extreme cases like punishing the trolls or glorifying people who are very good.

You think age of empires 2 is still going after 20 years because people recognize each other? No. They still play it because the community is competitive with people who actually want to play the game and have a good time and are not just wanting to get a laugh out of someone on the other side of the world.

For your baseline you want people to focus on the game and enjoy themselves and not focus on each other blaming each other for the teams failures

At the moment you get people scared to talk so they dont lose their account, so they just leave or hold back till the end, unleash a tirade of abuse then quickly leave.

Its clearly failing in what its trying to accomplish and im not surprised at all and was simply interested in seeing the stats because its the first game that I know that favors liberals/lefties because restricting free speech is a left ideal, the creators of the safe space.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-08-12 at 07:13 PM.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its clearly failing in what its trying to accomplish
    I'll leave the latter hogwash out of it, because that's just typical anti-'insertoppositeagendahere' speech. However, it is failing the players in what it could accomplish. I wager Blizzard feels it's very successful at it's purpose, because it's there to just ban people without spending any money investigating and resolving the issues. Then they can turn over 'stats' on how much less toxic the game is because of them.

In truth, it is not silencing free speech simply exiling people from the kingdom with totalitarian authority. It's pretty garbage, especially how it's guilty and never proven innocent.
    BAD WOLF

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I'll leave the latter hogwash out of it, because that's just typical anti-'insertoppositeagendahere' speech. However, it is failing the players in what it could accomplish. I wager Blizzard feels it's very successful at it's purpose, because it's there to just ban people without spending any money investigating and resolving the issues. Then they can turn over 'stats' on how much less toxic the game is because of them.

In truth, it is not silencing free speech simply exiling people from the kingdom with totalitarian authority. It's pretty garbage, especially how it's guilty and never proven innocent.
    One of the big problems with it is the pure volume and numbers.

You would need a big team working 24/7 to comb through the hundreds of thousands if not millions of appeals.

Its next to impossible really when you consider those staff wages and cost.

So they go automated and that isnt going to be fair, it just isnt.

Hope that wasnt "anti-'insertoppositeagendahere' speech."

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the big problems with it is the pure volume and numbers.

You would need a big team working 24/7 to comb through the hundreds of thousands if not millions of appeals.

Its next to impossible really when you consider those staff wages and cost.

So they go automated and that isnt going to be fair, it just isnt.
    Yeah...it was almost an impossible task, but really they should have committed to spending the money to do it right up front. At this point they've made so much from it, with OWL and everything...not to mention the way they've handled OWL, it really does feel like they've got an iron grip on how you will play and feel in this game vs. their other games. It's not a good look.
    Hope that wasnt "anti-'insertoppositeagendahere' speech."
    No, of course not.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    it is fact that when businesses get political their bottom line suffers.

People like to know they are on the right team and you piss off the other team when you take sides.

And its nothing to do with people being familiar with each other, that can help in the extreme cases like punishing the trolls or glorifying people who are very good.

You think age of empires 2 is still going after 20 years because people recognize each other? No. They still play it because the community is competitive with people who actually want to play the game and have a good time and are not just wanting to get a laugh out of someone on the other side of the world.

For your baseline you want people to focus on the game and enjoy themselves and not focus on each other blaming each other for the teams failures

At the moment you get people scared to talk so they dont lose their account, so they just leave or hold back till the end, unleash a tirade of abuse then quickly leave.

Its clearly failing in what its trying to accomplish and im not surprised at all and was simply interested in seeing the stats because its the first game that I know that favors liberals/lefties because restricting free speech is a left ideal, the creators of the safe space.
    Strange that you should see it as a matter of politics as to whether it's okay to be an asshole and literally want people dead, deprived of their rights, or some way assaulted, physically or sexually...

I mean, I've literally had the warning about being a bit too sweary. It's not hard to switch that off, delete "fucking" from being between every word and avoid the bans.

The people getting the bans obviously can't, and/or are saying some very uncool things.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2018-08-12 at 09:28 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Strange that you should see it as a matter of politics as to whether it's okay to be an asshole and literally want people dead, deprived of their rights, or some way assaulted, physically or sexually...

I mean, I've literally had the warning about being a bit too sweary. It's not hard to switch that off, delete "fucking" from being between every word and avoid the bans.

The people getting the bans obviously can't, and/or are saying some very uncool things.
    Of course that kind of behavior is not ok and should be punished. Threats/sexism/racism all that stuff should be punished and be easily avoided with muting players, and preferably being able to not group with people entirely with an ignore feature. This is where it should be more player controlled so you can avoid those types and if they cross the line with extreme behavior they can be reported and punished after being reviewed by human eyes.

You still cant avoid being grouped with the same players though and can get warnings for not picking current meta heroes in competitive play. There is clearly a middle ground they have leaped over

you should be able to have a big ignore list with the ability to write notes as to why you ignored them in the first place so if/when you run out of space you can still stay clear of the real drop kicks
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-08-12 at 09:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completely agree we need a larger avoid list. Honestly I'd be okay with about a dozen with a 2 week duration. It might be different at more extreme ends of the SR curve, but I think I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of players I've been placed with on a different day to my first encounter with them.

I'm also not entirely convinced of the one-trick getting banned issue; I worried about it because I've always played a lot of Widowmaker and Sombra while they've been "reportable" by some sections of the community (Widow I think still is in Gold tbh), and I've never actually had a suspension - the only warning I had was harsh language, which I'll be honest was completely fair. A lot of the time you dig into these things and how those players react to being asked to switch are why they end up getting banned - while others successfully appeal.

A bigger issue for me is smurfs, which is basically the Blizz sanctioned way of evading bans; it just makes all such punishments null and void to those who really want to push their luck. Now I have encountered 2 or 3 times players I've reported later in the day on different accounts who made a point of how it didn't matter whether I'd reported them because they'd had that smurf to switch to. That is unacceptable, I reported them, but it's different account so won't stack up the same.

Sometimes I log in and I have 3 loot boxes. Is that from endorsements or something? or do they give them out every month, or every event? It's happened a few times now and I am pretty sure I didn't log out without opening 3 boxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every event you get one, sometimes they do give out random boxes for other things, promotions like Twitch Prime or other perks will include them if you have your account linked.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Example: we get a bastion on defense + 2 symmetra + reinhard + orisa + me as moria ( my best hero).
    Eh, Total Mayhem or Mystery Heroes are crapshoot modes anyways. Especially Mystery Heroes

In other news: I can open lootboxes again!

10+ Year Old Account
    My reflexes are so slow... I hate growing old. Wish Overwatch came out 10 years ago I might be so much better
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolvanish View Post
    My games are shit. I'm tired of solo queing against 4 and 5 stacks all fucking day.
    Why would anyone ever solo queue again with the new LFG system?
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Eh, Total Mayhem or Mystery Heroes are crapshoot modes anyways. Especially Mystery Heroes

In other news: I can open lootboxes again!
    Yup.

Minus the symmetra and i get that also in QP and COMP

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Why would anyone ever solo queue again with the new LFG system?
    'cus some people don't have mics

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Yup.

Minus the symmetra and i get that also in QP and COMP
    I don't usually play either of those... but when I do... I never really rage because it just ain't worth getting upset over shit RNG... and usually avoid Total mayhem unless it's testing a new hero (and still never really rage because it's supposed to be a learning experience)