Ah, 1st day of ranked showing its colors again. Get1 game where the entire team tries blaming our Mercy for the loss because they didn’t pocket heal Pharah full time when she/he was trying to keep tanks up. Nevermind that I called out in voice and type that enemy team had a Widow before the doors even opened to start the round, we had a Mei who got headshot any time she poked out of the cave and proceeded to say they are trash (trolling I’m guessing). At the end of the match, they all start going off about the Mercy and I point out that our entire team comp was bad and we all played terribly. Pointed out Pharah was getting picked off , Mei was picked off, we had no pressure against the enemy team. Immediately start getting yelled at and insulted for pointing out the obvious. They then proceed to throw the game and not even try to hold. Gonna be one of those “take a break and let things sort themselves out for a while” seasons. Maybe I’ll come back in a week or 2 when people start getting in their real brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    we had a Mei who got headshot any time she poked out of the cave and proceeded to say they are trash (trolling I’m guessing).
    Was the Mei the one saying the Mei was trash? It may have not been trolling.

People leave after first round...

3rd games in a row.
    There is a saying: "don't fix what isn't broken". Blizzard does NOT follow this saying. To them its "if it isn't broken fix it until it is"

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Was the Mei the one saying the Mei was trash? It may have not been trolling.
    Yes, the person playing Mei was the one saying it. It didn’t sound apologetic or that they were trying to make light of it. The person went thru the tunnel and got picked in the first 10 seconds of the match and said it. That time I laughed and played it off, but the issue came when they did it again right after respawning and it happened again. Then I saw them go that way a 3rd time and get knocked down to low health but our team managed to get focus off of her before she died again.
    That’s the reason I was stating she might have been trolling and not just making the situation light hearted.

Yes, the person playing Mei was the one saying it. It didn’t sound apologetic or that they were trying to make light of it. The person went thru the tunnel and got picked in the first 10 seconds of the match and said it. That time I laughed and played it off, but the issue came when they did it again right after respawning and it happened again. Then I saw them go that way a 3rd time and get knocked down to low health but our team managed to get focus off of her before she died again.
    That’s the reason I was stating she might have been trolling and not just making the situation light hearted.
    Was the Mei unlucky and tried avoiding getting death or actively feeding? They could just be someone who is extremely hard on themselves.

How is Brig not changed yet? Even the pro teams play 3 support now. Who needs a second dps when you have Brig?

This rating system needs some real hard adjustments. 3 games in a row where my team had no damage, at all. I ended up getting the damage card all the games, 36% damage, 38% damage, 40% damage. Why can people not do damage? Can't they aim? Why are they at diamond? I had time to use the ultimate 4 times on Hanzo before Zarya had enough charge for one ultimate.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2018-11-03 at 12:23 PM.

No awareness today. I picked Lucio non Lijang and towards the end of the first round I overhear someone saying that I’m feeding the enemy team and how I’m not sticking with the group.
    To which I reply how am I feeding the enemy team when I’m the last one alive after every team fight, I’m staying out of their LoS more than my team, and I have more team healing than our Moira?
    I immediately get called a liar and that I’m full of shit. Just what? What!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    This rating system needs some real hard adjustments. 3 games in a row where my team had no damage, at all. I ended up getting the damage card all the games, 36% damage, 38% damage, 40% damage. Why can people not do damage? Can't they aim? Why are they at diamond? I had time to use the ultimate 4 times on Hanzo before Zarya had enough charge for one ultimate.
    Playing with 3 DPS. I ask where the damage is, this is the answer our Symmetra gave me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did a few placement games last night, three games with the same group. I typically main support, and one of them was a Zen main who only played him. Lost the first one, won the second one, lost the third one.

In the second game, they demanded I play Ana even though the enemy team was Rein/Orissa/Brig and she is basically worthless with that much shield (honestly their Zen was too but I didn't mention that). I picked Moira instead, citing the shields, and we won. I mean, not because of me, but it was obviously sufficient healing to do so.

Third game, I wanted to do Lucio with their Zen but they insisted it wasn't enough healing and I needed to play Moira again. We never took the first point, we lost, and they blamed me for being trash at Moira. LOOK I'M PLAYING THE HERO YOU WANTED ALSO I HAVE 20K HEALING WHICH IS PRETTY DECENT CONSIDERING WE NEVER EVEN TOOK THE FIRST POINT AND HAD NO TIME EXTENSIONS. Probably would have been more than that but I was perpetually out of juice cos everyone was taking so much damage and Zen can't really supplement that much. I'm not a top tier Moira for sure and am not as aggressive as I probably should be for damage, but I think I did okay. Anyway, just a little salty. I try not to take people's venting personal when I know it's not actually me (and when it is me, I'm harder on myself then they could ever be) but sometimes it burns me up a little.

But honestly if you demand someone play a specific hero and they actually oblige, I think it's not really fair to come at them if they aren't fabulous at it, just on general principle. People playing Comp should be well-rounded on multiple characters but there are always going to be some heroes people don't have a lot of time on.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I placed pretty low again but that put me on a winning streak so big that I don't want to play anymore because I know I am in for a losing streak of epic proportions soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I placed pretty low again but that put me on a winning streak so big that I don't want to play anymore because I know I am in for a losing streak of epic proportions soon.
    Just never play on the weekends. You’d think I’d learn my lesson, but after starting the season at 2800+ I played multiple games over the weekend just to fall to 2525 without changing my playstyle at all. Now it’s Tuesday and I’m mid 2600 range and climbing again. Always seems that no matter what, I lose more on weekends than any other time of the week.

People's toxicity is making me question playing healer so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    People's toxicity is making me question playing healer so much.
    I’ve actually had 2 games today where people have complained about heals. One of them our Reaper said “I’d say something but they usually get mad and quit healing completely.”
    In response, I asked the other team what their gold healing was at and the high was 3k whereas ours was 9k. Yeah, our healers sure were slacking.

I’ve actually had 2 games today where people have complained about heals. One of them our Reaper said “I’d say something but they usually get mad and quit healing completely.”
    In response, I asked the other team what their gold healing was at and the high was 3k whereas ours was 9k. Yeah, our healers sure were slacking.
    It would be fine if that was the case, but no it's the fucking people and their sarcastic ass endorsements.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's always the flankers who are never nearby (but can't keep themselves alive) that complain about healing.

No shit I didn't heal you, I was fighting by the objective with everyone else while you were off fucking around somewhere else. If you want to go harass on the backlines or whatever, you're responsible for keeping your own ass alive. I can't heal you across the map and through walls.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It's always the flankers who are never nearby (but can't keep themselves alive) that complain about healing.
    I resent this. I’m a main tank and I regularly complain about healing.

In fact the other day I bitched at our Ana for sniping and told them to just go Widow. Right call, they did and they were pretty good.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2018-11-07 at 11:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do get tanks that complain, but usually the tanks are in the teamfight and so they actually are getting healed. The genji who is off doing his own thing 100% of the time pretty much is never in LoS so he's valid in his complaint about no heals. The problem is just that its his own damn fault

Amusingly, right in line with this, I just played a game where a flanker was whining about no heals. It's true that he wasn't getting a ton but he was usually either out of range, out of line of sight, or charging out solo when the rest of the team was dead or regrouping. So round two everyone who wasn't him picked a healer because LOL.

We won.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Re: the discussion above - 99% of flankers, mostly Genji players, endlessly complain about healing when there's no way you could realistically heal them without ditching the rest of your team and very likely dying yourself before even getting to them. But once in a blue moon I've met Genjis who go about their business, then come back to you to get topped up and bounce away again, rinse and repeat like clockwork. I was more than happy to heal them asap when they came in range so they could go again. I wish they weren't such a rarity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Re: the discussion above - 99% of flankers, mostly Genji players, endlessly complain about healing when there's no way you could realistically heal them without ditching the rest of your team and very likely dying yourself before even getting to them. But once in a blue moon I've met Genjis who go about their business, then come back to you to get topped up and bounce away again, rinse and repeat like clockwork. I was more than happy to heal them asap when they came in range so they could go again. I wish they weren't such a rarity.
    I’m not sure I heal enough to really have much of a view, and when I do I often use Zen so topping off a Genji is precisely zero effort for free ult charge. He can be difficult with Ana, but you kind of get used to it. If I’m playing Moira *try* to put my Orbs in their direction but that can be a total crap shoot. The only real problem I had was with Mercy because I’d just end up overextended and dead, and I’d scold myself for being an idiot chasing them. :/

But otherwise I don’t pay that much attention while I’m in another role which is usually the case.