Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I’m not sure I heal enough to really have much of a view, and when I do I often use Zen so topping off a Genji is precisely zero effort for free ult charge. He can be difficult with Ana, but you kind of get used to it. If I’m playing Moira *try* to put my Orbs in their direction but that can be a total crap shoot. The only real problem I had was with Mercy because I’d just end up overextended and dead, and I’d scold myself for being an idiot chasing them. :/

But otherwise I don’t pay that much attention while I’m in another role which is usually the case.
    Yeah when this happened I was on Mercy. Naturally Zen and Ana, even Brigitte and Moira can do this from some ways away, and it's easier for Lúcio to get relatively safely into weird places without flight point requirement Mercy has - but in his case leaving the rest of your team without heals is often not the best choice. However, aside from Moira's orb it still requires direct LoS and waiting for them to actually appear in the distance for that half a second at the height of their jump or when they dash across before they go out of LoS again and land your heal(s) there while trying to take care of others is fucking annoying. If they at least, quite rarely as well, perch somewhere in your LoS to get healing, then yeah it usually ain't hard. But you can't heal what you can't see.

Addition: In fact I tend to spend quite a bit of time obsessively shuffling to try and get Genjis in my LoS when the rest of the team doesn't need me atm, because I actually do want to heal them. Too bad most of them are excellent at avoiding me, more so than enemies (yes I know they probably don't do it on purpose but it's still damn frustrating).
    Last edited by Twen; 2018-11-08 at 04:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm not bitching about genjis that check in periodically and are competent enough to keep themselves alive between those times. I'm happy to toss a heal on folks in LoS; I want to heal people so I'm going to do my best with what makes sense in the circumstance. I really mean those that are off in some side room or super overextended, out of range and out of LoS, spamming "I need healing" until they die, which they then repeat as soon as they rez. And then eventually they start complaining about not getting any healing.

(also it's not always an issue of me but unable to get to them; there's plenty of times when even if they are semi-close, I don't want to fly or skate over to one flanker when the other four people are right next to me and need heals too, or I dont want to throw an orb that way again if I need it for the group heals where I am)

In my totally anecdotal experience, Widows seem the best about peaking or jumping down for heals but Genjis and Doomfists are just terrible. Tracers, Reapers, etc, seem to have an easier time taking care of themselves. I'm seeing it a lot with Hams lately too, actually, which is a double edged sword; on one hand, he should be better at both survival and escaping, but on the other hand, he takes a lot longer to top off when he comes back near dead, if he makes it back.

I just wish more players would understand that we want to heal, that's why we are playing healers, so if you are not getting healed, there is probably a reason for it and maybe also something you can do to help it actually happen. We're not trying to snub people. I don't want anyone to die.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I just wish more players would understand that we want to heal, that's why we are playing healers, so if you are not getting healed, there is probably a reason for it and maybe also something you can do to help it actually happen. We're not trying to snub people. I don't want anyone to die.
    This, so much. It should be common sense but it really isn't, people seem to think we're just not healing on purpose or are too dumb to heal or some shit. Aside from the things above the most infuriating classic is when you're being flanked and fighting for your life because nobody else gives a damn about *you* and then they bitch about the lack of heals...

"Sometimes I'm not sure why even bother", indeed.
    Last edited by Twen; 2018-11-09 at 03:13 AM.

And the blame heal meme is still going. Loving how it shifted from tanks, to damage, to now heals.
    Last game just played with people who said they just played with the worst healers in months, which is hilarious as I watch our 2 dive tanks on defense go in 1 at a time so spaced out that Ana can grenade them both, our damage dealers get hit constantly behind the support by flankers and complain the heals aren’t pocketing them during a team fight, all the while not one of them tries to help the support who get dived by the enemy team Winston and Hammond.
    It’s always a sad day when our tanks die against 1 damage and 2 support while our damage dealers get picked by 1 flanker while our support are trying to stay alive and grouped with everyone while 2 tanks beat on them.

cant wait for the day they do a fucking MMR reset....

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they'll ever do a forced MMR reset. And I can understand why they don't want to allow it as an optional since generally the more data, the more accurate it is, and people would probably abuse the fuck out of it.

That said, I wish they allowed it as an option at least like... once a year. That way people couldn't just do it constantly and exploit it for smurfing or whatever, while still offering something to people feel like they've fucked up their MMR beyond saving and want to get a fresh start. Give it an insane "cooldown," whatever, just do something.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mqrtk View Post
    cant wait for the day they do a fucking MMR reset....
    Yeah, same. Having my second account at 3600 and my main at 2800 is not fun. Impossible to climb out of Plat, as you have about 50% wins, and even with my best 9 win 1 draw in placement, it won't get you out of it. However, a fresh second account, gets a fresh treatment and a fresh (technically a reset) of MMR, and hence a much higher rating.

This is why comp is so extremely broken. Sure, I have more fun in comp on my second account, but I don't care about it, I got no skins etc. I care about my main, but even tho I play in master on second acc, it's not enough to get one out of plat. Maybe if I had mained DPS but as support, no way.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I don't think they'll ever do a forced MMR reset. And I can understand why they don't want to allow it as an optional since generally the more data, the more accurate it is, and people would probably abuse the fuck out of it.

That said, I wish they allowed it as an option at least like... once a year. That way people couldn't just do it constantly and exploit it for smurfing or whatever, while still offering something to people feel like they've fucked up their MMR beyond saving and want to get a fresh start. Give it an insane "cooldown," whatever, just do something.
    but they have to... right now placement games are the most pointless thing this game has to offer... oh hey you ended ur last season at 2500 ? Nice now you won 9 out of 10 games. Hey look we placed you right back at 2400 ...

my second account sits on 2900-3200 which isnt high but for the time i play this Game im ok with it. my "Main" sits on 2100-2800 since i have so many games where i just end up playing the "fill-role" and watching DPS doing silly Stuff...

I could climb out of it if i realy wanted to... but ffs no thanks i dont wanna spend god knows how many hours on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mqrtk View Post
    but they have to... right now placement games are the most pointless thing this game has to offer... oh hey you ended ur last season at 2500 ? Nice now you won 9 out of 10 games. Hey look we placed you right back at 2400 ...

my second account sits on 2900-3200 which isnt high but for the time i play this Game im ok with it. my "Main" sits on 2100-2800 since i have so many games where i just end up playing the "fill-role" and watching DPS doing silly Stuff...

I could climb out of it if i realy wanted to... but ffs no thanks i dont wanna spend god knows how many hours on that.
    I don't disagree with absolutely any of that. I'm not arguing that Blizzard shouldn't do it, I'm arguing that they won't.

I highly doubt that Blizzard will voluntarily delete all that data for users. I also think they will argue -- not completely incorrectly -- that the more data you base MMR off of, the more accurate it should be, and that deleting that data will make MMR for many people worse. In theory, the former is true and the latter is probably definitely going to be the case for the many users who do have fairly accurately calculated MMR.

It's just extremely frustrating for those who have fucked up our MMR and for whom the prospect of fixing it is especially daunting because it means a huge amount of games to fix (games that may also be painfully unfun due to the inaccuracy). That's why I think a good compromise is a voluntary MMR reset that is allowed infrequently. I don't know that Blizzard would even do that, but I'd like it.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a terrible night, but some strange games. One, my team literally couldn't kill anyone except when I'd dropped Supercharger. Weirdly it was enough to win.

Keep getting teammates that get stuck on the 2/2/2 meta and bitch every time it looks like people won’t play it, just to get their way and then lose to a 1/3/2 comp or a 1/4/1 or any other combo that’s not 2/2/2.
    My rating is also tanking faster than it has in 2 seasons. Think I’m just going to try new heroes b/c then at least I’ll feel like my rating is going down from my fault than the teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Keep getting teammates that get stuck on the 2/2/2 meta and bitch every time it looks like people won’t play it, just to get their way and then lose to a 1/3/2 comp or a 1/4/1 or any other combo that’s not 2/2/2.
    I won a game with five supports and a dps a few weeks ago. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

(also 3 tank / 3 support is very common right now so that makes being overly anal about 2/2/2 extra silly)

But yeah, I generally don't even say anything as long as we have at least one tank and one heal (of which I am one of those), unless the match has started and it's obviously not working out. Weird comps can work, and you never know if they will also have a dumber comp you can exploit. Even if the enemy has a pretty normal roster, sometimes weird picks can sometimes throw them off enough to do well.

But I still do want people to actually try to do what works best for the game. I'm not sure what frustrates me more, the mains who refuse to switch heroes when the one they're playing is not doing well for that comp/map/whatever, or the people who are like "fine if you're going keep playing X, then I'm going to just dick around." I'm really not a fan of the "my team isn't trying to build a decent comp so I'm just going to make it worse" mentality. A lot of players who are trying get caught in the middle and it just makes the whole situation worse. Yeah, I don't really like it when our DPS against their Widow/Pharah is a Junkrat and a Mei, but that doesn't mean I want our tank to say "fuck it" and play Genji either. It just makes the experience miserable for everyone.

| twitch | bsky
    |

I have officially uninstalled the game. I might come back but decided it’s time to take a break. It’s been fun for the most part and has given me hours of enjoyment, but as of lately I have been having everything but fun with the game.
    To all that are playing I hope you continue to enjoy it. I plan on giving it a shot again later but I just feel like the game has gotten a little stale on some fronts and too aggravating on others.

I have officially uninstalled the game. I might come back but decided it’s time to take a break. It’s been fun for the most part and has given me hours of enjoyment, but as of lately I have been having everything but fun with the game.
    To all that are playing I hope you continue to enjoy it. I plan on giving it a shot again later but I just feel like the game has gotten a little stale on some fronts and too aggravating on others.
    Not trying to take a dig or anything, I'm just genuinely curious why are people uninstalling if they're still planning to play the game later on in the future? What's the point of uninstalling and then installing again when you get back to it VS just let it sit there until you play again?

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Not trying to take a dig or anything, I'm just genuinely curious why are people uninstalling if they're still planning to play the game later on in the future? What's the point of uninstalling and then installing again when you get back to it VS just let it sit there until you play again?
    Eh, why not?
    If you want actual reasons,
    1). It’s an old habit back from when hard drive space used to be an issue.
    2). It serves as a reminder to myself that I’m taking a break for a reason. I rarely get angry at games, aggravated sure, but not angry. OW is making me angry. I still have rare games where I have fun, but most are aggravating and anger inducing. In case I ever get a nastalgic feel I sometimes go back to play, just to encounter that frustration again. Seeing Install instead of Play reminds me why I’m taking a break.
    3). That’s pretty much it.
    Not to sound like a smartass if I did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    How is the new character Ashe? I've been gone since a little after Brigitte came out. I loved the original roster and to me the biggest let down is the new characters. I thought everyone after Ana was basically terrible.
    I have played her very little cos she's a little high skill floor for me, but Ashe is pretty cool and fun.

That said, I like most the new heroes (although tuning is not perfect on several of them) post-Ana, so maybe I'm not the best judge.

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, why not?
    If you want actual reasons,
    1). It’s an old habit back from when hard drive space used to be an issue.
    2). It serves as a reminder to myself that I’m taking a break for a reason. I rarely get angry at games, aggravated sure, but not angry. OW is making me angry. I still have rare games where I have fun, but most are aggravating and anger inducing. In case I ever get a nastalgic feel I sometimes go back to play, just to encounter that frustration again. Seeing Install instead of Play reminds me why I’m taking a break.
    3). That’s pretty much it.
    Not to sound like a smartass if I did.
    I kinda do the same thing, I move it(and league) to an external drive, I only do that instead of deleting cause I live in the bush and get internet from a wifi tower 1.5 kilometers away with top download speed of 175Kb/s.

Before I did that, I can't count how many times I would start the game and I ask myself why about 2 minutes later.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    How is the new character Ashe? I've been gone since a little after Brigitte came out. I loved the original roster and to me the biggest let down is the new characters. I thought everyone after Ana was basically terrible.
    Ashe is great. For a Widow player who never really set with McCree or 76 as someone to go to when fighting got too close she ticks so many boxes. I mean, basically she’s Ana without having to heal, and a bit more mobility so I’m sure you’ll enjoy.

It’s also nice to not get a hero that’s trying to fix the game. As much as I love Sombra, she’s never really fit in because she was designed to fix problems like Barriers and Turrets which never existed as problems and she never fit that role well anyway. It’s taken Doomfist being OP to give her a purpose; which is a pretty lame purpose especially since he’s nerfed to the ground on PTR.

Brig’s also been nerfed to the ground and it looks like all CC is in their sights going by a recent post from Geoff, so it looks like we’re heading back hard for a lot of dive heroes, which means Ashe will be pretty useless as she gets destroyed by them. Enjoy her while you can.

As for the other new heroes, I think Moira was a fine addition. Hammond and Orisa are a bit of a wasted effort. I mean Hammond is fun but terrible, and Orisa is function and not very good; but like most Tanks they just haven’t had much development attention which shows the arguments over “we just need more tanks” are BS - we got more tanks but they suck and no one wants to play them.

Sure Doomfist and Brig have been problematic. But they should have seen that coming with Roadhog 1.0.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2018-11-18 at 09:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to give up. Nobody wants to Tank anymore and I seem to have slipped into trying to carrying peoples' Bronze friends territory. 22% healing card with Zen. How does that even happen?

How do people not understand that 3 support without 3 tanks is a waste of time?

What in hell is Mei doing complaining about a lack of damage? Mei is why there's no damage.

Seems also now that "Join VC" has become a massive red flag as well. Someone asks that, guaranteed loss.

fucking draws.... waste of time