Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    No they can't, because he just dashes away if they're not an idiot and kills someone else.
    Doesn't seem like a 1v1 if that happens then.

EDIT: plus Moira can just heal the other person being targeted while also dealing with him.
    Last edited by Projectmars; 2019-01-03 at 02:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Doesn't seem like a 1v1 if that happens then.

EDIT: plus Moira can just heal the other person being targeted while also dealing with him.
    She can't heal through RMB spam and Dash. It's one of the fastest combos in the game.

Can someone really explain any other reason to this absolutely retarded matchmaking other than that this game forces a loss on people on a win streak at somepoint? I've never, NEVER in 13 season seen a close match. It's always one sided as fuck. Just last match was 5 man premade with a smurf on the other team, with combined SR of 3274. While our team was all solo queued with combined SR of 3235. Just how the fuck is that actually balanced in any way??

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Don’t misunderstand me as I’m not trying to pick a fight with anyone. As stated, I too fell into the issues of being toxic to those that were toxic to me. I’m just trying to pass on that people should try, TRY, to be the mature person in the dynamic. It benefits a player much more to not let things like this bother them, report the people that are toxic, and just try and take solace that your report will have an effect.
    I used to greatly enjoy Overwatch as well; however, over the last few seasons that enjoyment grinded to a halt. 90% of my games I encountered one of the dynamics that hurt the game for me, whether that was a thrower or just a player or players being toxic. Even games I won were not fun because I still encountered the toxic player that was either too good for our team or audibly announced they didn’t like someone’s character pick so they were going to throw until that player changed.
    Don’t misunderstand, some people will never encounter things like this as they have complete premade groups or they are the toxic ones themselves; but as people we owe it to ourselves to try and be the better person. If that’s not enough for us, then it’s probably time to admit the game isn’t worth the aggravation and move on. It took me multiple seasons to discover that as I just recently quit back around mid to end of October.
    Nah it's all good, I didn't take what you said the wrong way. =) Getting banned actually made me think a lot about my priorities and why the game made me so angry, so all in all it was probably a good thing. Like I said, the frustration for me was that I felt like I was always doing the "right" things (being nice to people, switching to whatever role was needed if others wouldn't, etc.) and I think I just became more and more resentful to the point where I was just angry a lot playing it. Should've stuck with QP since I never got angry playing that but really wanted that third gold weapon. Oh well. Problem is that you can be the bigger person all day long in that game and it changes absolutely nothing, which is a shitty way to feel when you're playing a game to try to relax after work or whatever.

There's no excuse for the behavior that you've mentioned from other players. The only time I'd "throw" (so to speak) is occasionally if everyone refused to play anything but dps and I'd go "well fuck it, me too." We actually won a comp game I was in with 6 dps which was hilarious but I guess anything is possible in bronze!
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just sit in silver and can't getting out of it. Regardless what i play, i can't get further 1800. Gold Kills, gold heals, gold on target... my mates are trash and ruin every game.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    I'm just sit in silver and can't getting out of it. Regardless what i play, i can't get further 1800. Gold Kills, gold heals, gold on target... my mates are trash and ruin every game.
    Focus on improving your game and you'll climb, don't worry about your team. Gold medals are generally not a good metric for tracking your own performance in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are dependant of the team. If they pick/play like shit, you are doomed. Simple as that.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

10+ Year Old Account
    Not exactly a positive win rate, but doing okay with Ashe/Widow/Pharah. Not tanking anymore, not until they at least make some kind of overtures towards fixing the shit state they're in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play less now than I used to and I been better for it. Since cutting the amount of games I play to about 4 games a day, I have lowered my toxicity and improved win rate. all in all how I am playing now is better for me. Although I no longer play ranked, a sacrifice that is worth it I feel.

Healthy plays
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Not exactly a positive win rate, but doing okay with Ashe/Widow/Pharah. Not tanking anymore, not until they at least make some kind of overtures towards fixing the shit state they're in.
    What do you mean by shit state? The current meta includes three tanks, and Road is pretty strong in Solo Q, and Winston is strong on dive maps. I know playing Rein is a ballache unless your team can help you play around CC but otherwise Tanks are pretty strong as far as I can see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    You are dependant of the team. If they pick/play like shit, you are doomed. Simple as that.
    Not totally, if you outplay your counterpart on the opposing team you will generally climb. Have you heard of the 1/3 rule? It's a pretty loose rule but I quite like the idea. One third of all your games you will win, regardless of your play, one third you will lose. The other third will depend on your play entirely.

I like it, and there's definitely some truth in it. It also helps me avoid tilt every now and then, getting a minute into a game and mentally writing it off as the bottom third, and know all I'm gonna do is try to improve my play during it rather than win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    What do you mean by shit state? The current meta includes three tanks, and Road is pretty strong in Solo Q, and Winston is strong on dive maps. I know playing Rein is a ballache unless your team can help you play around CC but otherwise Tanks are pretty strong as far as I can see.
    What works in Pro play doesn't translate to ladder, in Gold, nobody plays Tanks. It's been a real eye opener to be honest, running with 1 or 0 tanks if I don't tank myself seems to be basically the norm, moreso than getting 2 Tanks. Rein with Zarya is basically the only viable choice at this level, or at a pinch D.Va in place of Zarya but the rest don't do well at all.

If you get a tank or two at the start, it doesn't mean you'll finish with them either; because there's so little synergy between them, especially if you end up with Zarya-Roadhog, which happens a lot, and they just end up feeding.

What works in Pro play doesn't translate to ladder, in Gold, nobody plays Tanks. It's been a real eye opener to be honest, running with 1 or 0 tanks if I don't tank myself seems to be basically the norm, moreso than getting 2 Tanks. Rein with Zarya is basically the only viable choice at this level, or at a pinch D.Va in place of Zarya but the rest don't do well at all.

If you get a tank or two at the start, it doesn't mean you'll finish with them either; because there's so little synergy between them, especially if you end up with Zarya-Roadhog, which happens a lot, and they just end up feeding.
    Yeah I feel your pain with the double off-tank, I'm trying to rank up my dps account and the number of times I see double OT just makes eye-roll so hard. I disagree about Rein/Zar being the only viable choice though, D.Va is really strong in any rank, and a Winston paired with any other-divey characters is fantastic at punishing positional mistakes in gold since they occur so often.

While you're right about pro play not translating directly to ladder, especially in lower ELOs there's something to be said for it. Goats being as strong as it is lends itself to Ana/Rein being picked more often, which is really strong if you plan to overrun the enemy. If ever no one chooses main supp. I usually choose Ana and tell my tanks to be super aggressive, unless the enemy flanks me Ana's raw healing output can easily carry games.

Hog is another strong pick if you wanna punish poor positioning, he doesn't have much of a place in the meta but in lower ELOs one good hook can ruin the enemy team. As long as you don't feed lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    So in the past 2 weeks, the MM in Heroes of The Storm, which I had considered surprisingly
    WORSE then Overwatch's, has actually allowed me to climb and not trap me in the ELO Hell
    it had trapped me in for 3 seasons.

Luckily, Overwatch's MM System is still fucking garbage, and continues to purposely fuck me
    over.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Overwatch's MM System is still fucking garbage, and continues to purposely fuck me
    over.
    How so? I've found the matchmaking to be pretty chill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    How so? I've found the matchmaking to be pretty chill.
    Because the game will throw you (purposely) on a non-stop losing streak, then stop you for
    a handful of games before throwing you again. And from there, there's no win streak. It literally
    traps you.

Anytime you try to climb out, it literally yanks on your chain and throws you back into ranks you
    don't deserve to be in.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2019-01-12 at 04:31 AM.

Starting to get very annoyed by how easy it is for reinhardt to disrupt your gameplay. Just run after you holding left-click and you can't aim because you're being pushed around all the time and your team is stupid and doesn't focus him down with no shield up.

- - - Updated - - -

Because the game will throw you (purposely) on a non-stop losing streak, then stop you for
    a handful of games before throwing you again. And from there, there's no win streak. It literally
    traps you.

Anytime you try to climb out, it literally yanks on your chain and throws you back into ranks you
    don't deserve to be in.
    If you can't climb you are where you should be. If you do not improve you will be stuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    If you can't climb you are where you should be. If you do not improve you will be stuck.
    No, that is, and always has been bullshit.

The very fact that this game's MM gets so much shit is because OTHER PLAYERS are as equally
    responsible as the user for whether they climb. Its retarded to expect every player to carry a
    game alone. Not everyone is a dps main, and not everyone is top 500.

So no, its most of the time, not "where you should be." If the game throws you shitty teammates,
    and you don't win, that is NOT your fault.

The very fact that this game's MM gets so much shit is because OTHER PLAYERS are as equally
    responsible as the user for whether they climb. Its retarded to expect every player to carry a

So no, its most of the time, not "where you should be." If the game throws you shitty teammates,
    No, that is how this rating system works. I have friends who say it is impossible to get out of silver. I play their accounts and then after a few days of playing on it they are in platinum, could be in diamond if I kept playing on their accounts. They can't stay in platinum and go back down to silver and blame it on their teammates instead of owing up to their skill not being good enough to be in platinum.

traps you.

don't deserve to be in.
    So how come people who are good can climb out of the lower tiers? You don't see GMs hardstuck in gold, because they thrash everyone and win.

- - - Updated - - -

No, that's not true. Some knowledge of probability and statistics would tell you that you have a larger impact on your ability to climb than your teammates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I’ve seen a lot of higher ranked players saying that they have alt accounts that are hard stuck in Gold. I mean, eventually you should get out but it isn’t necessarily as easy as just getting good.

As for my own games, I’m back in Silver. Quit tanking and it’s basically where my DPS probably should be right now. I’m maining Ashe (with some Pharah and Widowmaker) and getting better, starting to win and climb a bit again. As frustrating as dropping 400SR was initially, it tought me that being honest with myself, that my DPS probably has been the hole in my skillset that stopped me climbing. I always had poor win rates when pushed to it, and I guess this experience has proven it is where I need to get better, and few matches last night I’m starting to feel like I am getting better.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2019-01-12 at 10:47 AM.