Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    The only examples I've seen of this happening are boosted healer mains, who pretty much always get punted back down to where they belong if they stop queuing only with their carry.

I am still waiting for the proof.

I guarantee that the stats aren't the same between accounts and more on point there isn't much of a difference between:

Bronze - Silver
    Gold - Plat - Low Diamond
    High Diamond - Low Masters
    I think maybe this "proof" is just low ELO players playing inconsistently (which is one of the staples of the lower ELO players, if I'm informed correctly) and using this disparity to fuel their beliefs that the MMR system is what's keeping them in plat.

On a side note, how many in-game hours did it take you to get to GM (or Masters, if you remember)? My available hours per week are pretty low, so I'm wondering how feasible my goal of getting to Masters in the next handful of seasons is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    I think maybe this "proof" is just low ELO players playing inconsistently (which is one of the staples of the lower ELO players, if I'm informed correctly) and using this disparity to fuel their beliefs that the MMR system is what's keeping them in plat.

On a side note, how many in-game hours did it take you to get to GM (or Masters, if you remember)? My available hours per week are pretty low, so I'm wondering how feasible my goal of getting to Masters in the next handful of seasons is.
    I am going to ballpark it at 1 hour a day every day for 3 months from my diamond to master climb.

What really made the difference for me is doing aiming drills, making good callouts and encouraging team communication while reviewing how pro players position.
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-01-13 at 05:06 PM.

I am going to ballpark it at 1 hour a day every day for 3 months from my diamond to master climb.

What really made the difference for me is doing aiming drills, making good callouts and encouraging team communication while reviewing how pro players position.
    Well that's a stat that makes me feel bad. Admittedly I spend more time just playing mindlessly because I haven't invested too much in the more theory/review side of things.

I try to do the same with callouts, I've watched a lot of Jayne on Twitch and I've started watching ML7 for my Ana positioning, so I think I'm on the right track there. I was never sold on aiming drills though, is there any particular strat for improving aim that you would suggest?

Thanks for the info my dude.

Well that's a stat that makes me feel bad. Admittedly I spend more time just playing mindlessly because I haven't invested too much in the more theory/review side of things.

I try to do the same with callouts, I've watched a lot of Jayne on Twitch and I've started watching ML7 for my Ana positioning, so I think I'm on the right track there. I was never sold on aiming drills though, is there any particular strat for improving aim that you would suggest?

Thanks for the info my dude.
    Before I play I make a custom game, put in three Lucio hard bots, three Ana hard bots, turn on headshots only. Then for 5 minutes I focus on scoping in, keeping my crosshair over a head for a few seconds, repeat, then I start taking flick shots for 5 minutes. After that do all the same things while practicing erratic movements. The same drills probably work for Ana(though you won't be able to kill them unless you do the drills as widow) additionally something that holds a lot of people back is having a sens that is way too high and being unwilling to do the one step back to get the two steps forward of lowering their sens and getting used to it.

It is like wax on wax off, it is simple and repetitive but it ingrains good habits and muscle memory.

Google just gave me this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erBcxzynAI0
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-01-13 at 08:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite playing for hours trying to get back to where I normally am (mid 2500's).
    the system kept fucking me over and over, dropping me lower and lower until I finally hit
    lower than my all time low (1746).

In 13 seasons, only 3 have ever been that low (one was 1800;s, another was 1700's.

Not back to back mind you, spread out. So it makes 0 sense to do well and play in upper
    brackets for entire seasons, and then in later seasons, get super low.

Fuck this system, and the incompetent developers who don't know how to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Despite playing for hours trying to get back to where I normally am (mid 2500's).
    the system kept fucking me over and over, dropping me lower and lower until I finally hit
    lower than my all time low (1746).

In 13 seasons, only 3 have ever been that low (one was 1800;s, another was 1700's.

Not back to back mind you, spread out. So it makes 0 sense to do well and play in upper
    brackets for entire seasons, and then in later seasons, get super low.

Fuck this system, and the incompetent developers who don't know how to make it work.
    Stop playing if you're tilting, you will only lose even more if you continue playing at that point.

- - - Updated - - -

They really need to make Pharah's jet pack actually sound like a jet pack. It's ridiculous that I can hear the tracers footsteps coming from miles away but the Pharah that just comes hovering with a jet pack can't be heard over all other noise?

How does it even make sense that someone running makes more noise than a jet pack?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    They really need to make Pharah's jet pack actually sound like a jet pack. It's ridiculous that I can hear the tracers footsteps coming from miles away but the Pharah that just comes hovering with a jet pack can't be heard over all other noise?

How does it even make sense that someone running makes more noise than a jet pack?
    It doesn't make sense, but it does somewhat make up for the face that Pharah is a terrible hero.

Her flight speed is super slow and predictable, she has a giant hitbox, the closer she is the easier it is for any hero to kill her and at long range you can just sidestep all her rockets.
    ---
    Eric I genuinely want to know what rank you think you should have.
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-01-14 at 06:02 AM.

Before I play I make a custom game, put in three Lucio hard bots, three Ana hard bots, turn on headshots only. Then for 5 minutes I focus on scoping in, keeping my crosshair over a head for a few seconds, repeat, then I start taking flick shots for 5 minutes. After that do all the same things while practicing erratic movements. The same drills probably work for Ana(though you won't be able to kill them unless you do the drills as widow) additionally something that holds a lot of people back is having a sens that is way too high and being unwilling to do the one step back to get the two steps forward of lowering their sens and getting used to it.

It is like wax on wax off, it is simple and repetitive but it ingrains good habits and muscle memory.

Super helpful, thanks my dude. I try to make up for my lack of mech. skills with big brain plays and good comms but I'd definitely like to improve them too. Low crit accuracy is a big weakness of mine so drills could be helpful.

I am a Grandmaster player
    Sure you are, champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    I'm jealous of GM players.
    Sure you are, champ.

I just hit 3500 on my bastion only account.

I have a 65% winrate and i still get an avoided notification every time I log in.

They need to rework this matchmaking & SR system. Like, really bad. I'm tired of having people getting to my rating because they're being carried by their friends and then making us lose because it's like playing with an easy bot on our team so we're basically 5v6 or 4v6. They should add a matchmaking for solo players only or something with separate SR from teams so people have to get their SR solo.

How do you even get to high diamond and just ignore a Mei ulti on enemy team and then flame Mei for it?

They need to rework this matchmaking & SR system. Like, really bad. I'm tired of having people getting to my rating because they're being carried by their friends and then making us lose because it's like playing with an easy bot on our team so we're basically 5v6 or 4v6. They should add a matchmaking for solo players only or something with separate SR from teams so people have to get their SR solo.

How do you even get to high diamond and just ignore a Mei ulti on enemy team and then flame Mei for it?
    imo diamond is a mix of above average players, players with great aim and no awareness and players with great awareness and no aim

There are definitely boosted people but your experience here doesnt seem out of the average to me.
    ---
    I just had a game with a genji in it that 100% bought his account, gold border, 4150sr, complete nonpresence in game other than giving the enemy team ult charge.
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-01-17 at 03:47 AM.

Wish Blizzard would take actions on people threatening to rape someone. Told a rein he needs to push the payload and he says he'll rape me, wtf. These people need to be permanently banned from the game and be made known to the police as well. Nothing will even happen from the report because this report system sucks.

Wish Blizzard would take actions on people threatening to rape someone. Told a rein he needs to push the payload and he says he'll rape me, wtf. These people need to be permanently banned from the game and be made known to the police as well. Nothing will even happen from the report because this report system sucks.
    Not that I condone it, but its a game and its only words. Call the cops? Jesus you people are hilarious.

Mute him and move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. This has been around forever. In CS, their were invite only aim_maps for anyone cal-m or higher and its all I would play in. I hardly ever stepped foot in pubs. Its amazing the wonders these servers do for your skill level.

- - - Updated - - -

You will never get rid of carrying. Period. The good thing is, is that it normally takes care of itself. Once they are boosted and start playing solo, they plummet real fast. Sure you might get one in your game every now and then, but they normally don't stick around for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Not that I condone it, but its a game and its only words. Call the cops? Jesus you people are hilarious.
    Shrug it off, tell him you will strap on a barbed dong and throat fuck him to death if he doesn't put his dumb ass on the cart, then mute him.

Just played a few after not playing for about 2 years, going easy at the moment, dominating as OTP Junk Had only one bad experience so far with trolls etc.

The enemy team are always full of gods though and the players i get are terribad but what can you do

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    The enemy team are always full of gods though and the players i get are terribad but what can you do
    This statement is statistically inaccurate.

This statement is statistically inaccurate.
    RNG is RNG, out of about 50 games i had 2 good teams, a few average teams and a LOT of very very bad teams. Meanwhile the enemy consistently had good - very good teams. Just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    RNG is RNG, out of about 50 games i had 2 good teams, a few average teams and a LOT of very very bad teams. Meanwhile the enemy consistently had good - very good teams. Just the way it is.
    No, that's not the way it is. Your teammates are drawn from the same distribution as the enemies, that is, players with a similar SR to you. If over a large number of games your team is consistently bad, and the only constant on your team is you, well, I got some bad news for you.