I have been doing a reticuleless challenge and I'm stuck in diamond without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    I've never seen 3 tanks and 3 healers.
    Then you are playing in arcade, quickplay or at a low rating(I mean no offense.)

The goats meta has been plaguing high rated for months and brig in general before her nerfs.

Yes that is relatively low.

Just played with a 5 stack that were boosting two gold players, I threw the game when it was winnable because of how cocky they were acting.

This was at about 3250.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    Yes that is relatively low.
    Showing a lack of self awareness there. You realise that the average rank is mid-gold?

Further, Jeff did a recent interview and said statistically on ladder, players actually using GOATS are actually a very tiny number. It's very much a pro-level problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Showing a lack of self awareness there. You realise that the average rank is mid-gold?

Further, Jeff did a recent interview and said statistically on ladder, players actually using GOATS are actually a very tiny number. It's very much a pro-level problem.
    Relatively was my qualifier and I wasn't trying to condescend, I have just spent the last few months being flamed fairly consistently before a game even begins for refusing to play that comp and it isn't an enjoyable situation to be in.

Too many smurfs, ruins the game.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    I'd assume if having accounts hardstuck in gold was even a remote possibility it'd be quite easy to find a twitch clip or youtube video where this is easily cited.
    Saw this and thought of you:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/ov...widow/291484/9

I'll be interested to see his response to the reply after his. Same main? Different main? Flex accounts? Time input per account? Too many variables and too little info to draw any useful conclusions.

For sure different playstyles are required in different ranks, my alt dropped into gold recently and holy hell do I need to play conservatively, apparently chasing kills and forcing staggers is now considered 'overextending' by most of gold. Guess we'll sit on cart and have 3 more team fights than necessary.

Saw this and thought of you:
    I'll be interested to see his response to the reply after his. Same main? Different main? Flex accounts? Time input per account? Too many variables and too little info to draw any useful conclusions.

For sure different playstyles are required in different ranks, my alt dropped into gold recently and holy hell do I need to play conservatively, apparently chasing kills and forcing staggers is now considered 'overextending' by most of gold. Guess we'll sit on cart and have 3 more team fights than necessary.
    Did the post get deleted? The link isn't working for me.

Did the post get deleted? The link isn't working for me.
    Yeah it did. Basically some guy complaining that he's in masters on 1 account out of 6, and that somehow means the MMR system is bad. Literally no other info.

Yeah it did. Basically some guy complaining that he's in masters on 1 account out of 6, and that somehow means the MMR system is bad. Literally no other info.
    Mercy main trying to play Genji and stuff while not bothering with comms because they are on alts, got it.

Thanks for the recitation.

In my experience more than holding people back the MMR system in Overwatch persistently lets people go on luck streaks and put them far higher than they belong because their isn't enough focus on defining a metric for performance.

Mercy main trying to play Genji and stuff while not bothering with comms because they are on alts, got it.

Thanks for the recitation.

In my experience more than holding people back the MMR system in Overwatch persistently lets people go on luck streaks and put them far higher than they belong because their isn't enough focus on defining a metric for performance.
    That was my line of thinking. I'm okay with the performance increased SR gains being a bit scuffed, the more benefit of the doubt people get to get into diamond the better, gold and low plat games are just so far from real games of Overwatch that the less time spent there for people who really wanna git gud the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never seen 3 tanks and 3 healers.
    Please, do not take offense, but have you lived under a rock? This is by far the strongest meta and the most common from Plat to GM.

And
    Like 90% of all contenders games are goats meta.
    The world cup was also almost only goats meta.

Even with reaper buffs and various nerfs, goats meta is still the strongest in the game.

Overwatch League season 2 will start with goats meta.

And it's litterally 50% of all competitive games and I'm at 3k too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played 8 games today, all have been 222. Played 6 yesterday and 5 were 222 and one was 4 dps and 2 healers.
    Well, we can't forget the hype of recent patches with buffs and nerfs etc. People are hyped to play these heroes and are overall tired of goats.

I am sick of goats too. And yes, goats are weaker in diamond than higher ranks, so you might be right, it might have decreased, I have only done a few games, saw 1 goats in 3 games.

But from what I learned, from watching the pros and hearing them talk about it, as well as various expert channels on youtube (who are really well read), goats is still the strongest meta in Masters and GM and will be on the pro scene. I am not at that level of course, and lets hope your streak of non-goats will be the new standard at this level.

Sensationalist idiots trying to get more views on their youtube channels are still bitching about reaper, when he needs a mobility buff and head hitbox adjust to be viable still.

I haven't been killed by a reaper yet, if my team is having trouble with one I just play Widow, Hanzo or Ashe and he can barely leave spawn.

Anything that can outrange him soft counters him, anything with a knockback or cc ability hard counters him.
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-01-27 at 05:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sensationalist idiots trying to get more views on their youtube channels are still bitching about reaper, when he needs a mobility buff and head hitbox adjust to be viable still.

I haven't been killed by a reaper yet, if my team is having trouble with one I just play Widow, Hanzo or Ashe and he can barely leave spawn.

Anything that can outrange him soft counters him, anything with a knockback or cc ability hard counters him.
    Tell that to his 63% Masters win rates.

Tell that to his 63% Masters win rates.
    It is just a pharah situation.

The lower you are the better she is.

Which is a shame because she is my favorite hero.
    ---
    I have games on my alts where I get 3-5ks and my team somehow manages to lose to the remaining low HP enemies while I get a health pack.
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-01-28 at 09:03 AM.

Finally dragged my sorry arse out of silver into gold! #feelsgood.

Might have had just a lucky streak, but feels like I haven't had too many morons recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is just a pharah situation.

The lower you are the better she is.

Which is a shame because she is my favorite hero.
    ---
    I have games on my alts where I get 3-5ks and my team somehow manages to lose to the remaining low HP enemies while I get a health pack.
    Pharah is pretty shit at low levels now since her rework, the global hitscan range buff, and now Ashe.

Pharah is pretty shit at low levels now since her rework, the global hitscan range buff, and now Ashe.
    Even playing at masters, I hate her. I hate how I can hear the sound of tracers footsteps across half the map but the pharah coming from above with a god damned jetpack to ulti you makes less noise than tracers footsteps.