Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post

Play of the Game system is an absolute joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody in this fucking game swaps heroes

I'm juggling between Rein/Ashe/Mei/Brig constantly while my team is still the same god damn heroes that won't change for the last push, while the enemy team has someone swapping between Pharah/Bastion/Junkrat and I'm like come on guys, I can't be the only flex player here.
    Pretty sure you're the one playing it wrong. If you lock-in main tank, you stick with main tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    Pretty sure you're the one playing it wrong. If you lock-in main tank, you stick with main tank.
    ill keep that in mind next time im getting countered hard and not being effective as rein "the only main tank".
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I nearly bought this on sale, reading this made me avoid it like the plague.

ill keep that in mind next time im getting countered hard and not being effective as rein "the only main tank".
    Try a different tank like Orisa or Winston before switching off Tank maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Try a different tank like Orisa or Winston before switching off Tank maybe?
    Orisa, like Rein, doesn't do much against a Bastion if no one else on your team is swapping to counter him (haha quick play I know), and there was an enemy Reaper so I don't think there is a lot I can feasibly do with Winston, especially since the enemy player playing Bastion was swapping to counter constantly. McReaper good lord Winston just stay home.

Orisa, like Rein, doesn't do much against a Bastion if no one else on your team is swapping to counter him (haha quick play I know), and there was an enemy Reaper so I don't think there is a lot I can feasibly do with Winston, especially since the enemy player playing Bastion was swapping to counter constantly. McReaper good lord Winston just stay home.
    There's also Zarya, Roadhog, D.Va and Wrecking Ball... Not really main tanks, but likely stuff that can fare a bit better vs a Bastion (Zarya bubbles in general seem fairly useful vs. Bastion) unless they are behind a shield and have a pocket healer.

at which point all you can really do is just shrug and accept that one can only do so much in a situation like that.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    If I based my purchase decisions on any game's forums I'd never buy anything tbh. No game is perfect, and players rarely write about the good things because they're happy with those and therefore it's nothing to write about, even though it's why they're still playing. Give it a go and see for yourself, the sale price is cheap so you don't lose much even if you end up not liking it, yet might just find a new favorite.

Hit Masters again since season 4. I hate to admit it, but I was carried by my duo partner at that season, but now I can be happy that I accomplished it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    If it's worth anything, this subforum is much more toxic and salty than the general OW community as a whole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    If it's worth anything, this subforum is much more toxic and salty than the general OW community as a whole.
    Have you seen the official forums?

Blizzard needs to act quicker on people who keep disconnecting/leaving games/crashing. 7 games today that have had leavers/disconnects/crashes. Why even try to play if your internet or computer isn't up to it? You're just ruining the game for everyone else. Why should habitual leavers be allowed to continue playing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucks01 View Post
    I quit for six season. Came back and lasted about two months or so before I uninstalled the game again. It really is a terrible fucking game at the moment.
    Yep. Really wish they'dve just made this a strong single player game with multiplayer pve features.

15+ Year Old Account
    Still fun for me, except fighting Genji, Doomfist and Tracer. But I dislike competition in video games because it ruins the fun of doing goofy stuff. Which is what I am currently enjoying.

I'm finding some surprise success in playing Torbjorn on Attack and Control. I modded my crosshair to help aim for heads, and finding odd spots for my turret to flank while they push.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really sick of seeing smurf accounts. Its cheating Blizzard, get off your ass and perma-ban these
    cheaters already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Really sick of seeing smurf accounts. Its cheating Blizzard, get off your ass and perma-ban these
    cheaters already.
    Not going to happen, they've let the culture of smurfing develop. The more there are, the less people care about their own smurfs, the less cohesive the games are, and so it encourages more players to pick up their own smurf they couldn't care less about. It's like any other social structure, the less well its looked after, the less people feel bad about wrecking it further.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Blizzard needs to act quicker on people who keep disconnecting/leaving games/crashing. 7 games today that have had leavers/disconnects/crashes. Why even try to play if your internet or computer isn't up to it? You're just ruining the game for everyone else. Why should habitual leavers be allowed to continue playing?
    Habitual leavers aren't allowed to keep playing. Even getting a fluke disconnect, reconnecting, and rejoining the same game still suspends you from requeing for Comp for like 20 minutes once that game ends, the second time is a few hours, and the time increases exponentially if keeps happening. It doesn't take that many games of leaving to be locked out for a whole season, and potentially Comp entirely. I believe there was someone who posted a few seasons ago in this thread about getting locked out of a whole season for having internet issues one weekend and stubbornly still queuing so I am not even sure it's that many games before you can't.

I mean, leavers are a really really obnoxious problem but blocking people from requeueing doesn't help if there's a large enough volume of people willing to leave that you still see a lot of them, which there obviously is since they do. That said, I'm not convinced there's really that many people voluntarily leaving and risking suspension. In part because I seem to see almost as many leavers in good games as bad games, and about half the time the people come back. I also get periodic game disconnects from the Overwatch client sometimes where it will just randomly disconnect me (nothing else DCs, and I have low ping) so it wouldn't surprise me if half these "leavers" are having an issue that is on Blizzard's end and not the user side, and that the best solution would be for them to fix so a lot of the "leaving" didn't even happen to begin with.

To be sure, there are plenty of surly people who throw a tantrum when someone picks their hero or a game isn't going their way, and just as many who are trying to play on potatoes or shitty internets, but I also think a pretty big portion of them are having problems with blizzard servers in particular.

Semi-related, I also feel like the SR penalty for leaving is too high and it's really unfun to invest a lot of time in a match only to have someone leave and eat a loss because of some dude jumping ship, regardless of reason. I get that people would exploit it if there wasn't a penalty but what about giving everyone a daily grace game for SR loss on one leaver game per day? That's too infrequent to exploit but makes it less punishing for people who experience incidental leavers on their teams. Or they could do something like only doing an SR punishment to the people they are grouped or friends with, to prevent friends from rotating leavers to prevent SR decrease on obvious losses without punishing those strangers who have never interacted with them before and are obviously not coordinating an exploit. I don't know the best solution, but I feel like the best place to address the awfulness of having leavers on your team is to make it not double punishing both by ruining the game AND losing SR every time it happens.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    The minute your Orisa gets killed by a Lucio (and not by being booped off the map),
    you know you're in for a very bad loss.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    The minute your Orisa gets killed by a Lucio (and not by being booped off the map),
    you know you're in for a very bad loss.
    Back when I played I usually sat between low-mid plat and it was pretty common I could 1v1 Orissa as Lucio. So many players at that ranking aren’t used to Support being in their face and tend to hold LMB trying to follow him instead of letting up to readjust aim. The only time I ever couldn’t take on Orissa as Lucio is when it became a 1v2+, but whenever it stayed 1v1 I more often than not came out as the winner.

Everyone who is saying the SR system is holding them back, what SR do you think you should be at? I had a junkrat main in a game today who was about 4100 and was yelling literally as loudly as he could at the entire team that the game was going badly because of us. We actually ended up winning after we all muted him, but one of the things he said was that he belonged about 300sr higher and that all of his losses today were because of horrible teams.

I have alts currently in masters, diamond and platinum and I hear the same thing from people in all of these brackets. "It isn't me it is the team! YOU ARE ALL TERRIBLE!!!!!."

In my experience the SR system is incredibly accurate and puts people right where they belong, like my sym/bastion/torb acc where I play to do funny things stays in plat/diamond.
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-02-25 at 10:26 PM.