Quote Originally Posted by Bucks01 View Post
    I would bet more people side with him then you. And from my personal experience people like yourself cause far more problems then someone who actually understands that switching is part of the game.
    No wonder, people are generally toxic in this game. That's why they keep getting banned. I've logged in with 2-3 thank you for reporting pop-ups every time I log in lately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kreff View Post
    Was about to say the same. In any comp game, switching at right time is very important which means you understand how the game flows. But in OW if you say someone they should switch, they consider that toxic and report you. That's pretty much how I got my permaban in OW yesterday. Blizz support guy said "you got too many reports for being abusive" but when he gave me the logs, it basically said "you gotta switch or we lose". Why the ban then? Cause I did not say anything homophobic or racist - he said you just were reported too often for abusive chat. Gotcha, thanks Blizz! You added another reason to stop playing now cause when you say something in comp (in text chat) it's already working against you as snowflakes can't handle it.
    Hint: Read what abusive chat entails, it's not only homophobic or racist things.
    Hint 2: You won't get banned for saying something toxic once in a while, it requires constant reports. Even more so if you get permanently banned.

So every game blizzard makes is team based except starcraft two and they all end up dying. It's almost like there a factor blizzard is ignoring that holding them back but I can't figure out what that is...

The more you rely on other the more unfun something can be just my two cents.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Sounds like you're part of why comp is toxic, wanting to force people to play what they don't want to play.
    If you can't see that picking selfishly regardless of what your team needs is contributing to toxicity then I don't know what to tell you.

There is a game mode for people who want to play whatever hero they like. It's called Quick Play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    So every game blizzard makes is team based except starcraft two and they all end up dying. It's almost like there a factor blizzard is ignoring that holding them back but I can't figure out what that is...

The more you rely on other the more unfun something can be just my two cents.
    Building games around the presumption that gamers have basic social skills certainly seems like a losing proposition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If you can't see that picking selfishly regardless of what your team needs is contributing to toxicity then I don't know what to tell you.

There is a game mode for people who want to play whatever hero they like. It's called Quick Play.

- - - Updated - - -

Building games around the presumption that gamers have basic social skills certainly seems like a losing proposition.
    League did the same thing when ghostcrawler joined a lot of pro quits and they lost me permanently. They made every little goddamn thing a team object. It was fucking aids also the five man diving or let us take your turret because riot weakened turrets and devalued other objectives tilted the fuck out me. You just got bullied off things and punished for thing you didn't have rather than how you played. Getting high rated in league is a fucking job and devaluing that as much as possible was clearly rocket science.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-04-03 at 01:57 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    No wonder, people are generally toxic in this game
    No its just you. If you continue to be selfish, you're going to be toxic, and attract hostility
    from others because of it.

Glad to see this thread is still "reee my team are bad so I lose SR" vs. reasonable people.

People who climb have to put up with teammates doing silly things too, btw. The difference being they can deal with that behaviour and pull out more Ws than those who screech about hero picks and get hardstuck in plat.

Anyone know why as Baptiste i can still be killed under his shield? I was killled by a genji ult and Doomfist keeps punching me to death. I thought i couldnt go beyond those 2 bars of health no matter what?

Quote Originally Posted by Rolopolo View Post
    Anyone know why as Baptiste i can still be killed under his shield? I was killled by a genji ult and Doomfist keeps punching me to death. I thought i couldnt go beyond those 2 bars of health no matter what?
    You can't die inside the circle. If you died it means either the lamp got killed or you got booped out of the circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    You can't die inside the circle. If you died it means either the lamp got killed or you got booped out of the circle.
    You can die if you're not in line of sight of the object people can shoot as well. If you run around a corner and line of sight it, it doesn't protect you. It still shows that you're in the circle but it doesn't protect you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trywin Hard View Post
    You can die if you're not in line of sight of the object people can shoot as well. If you run around a corner and line of sight it, it doesn't protect you. It still shows that you're in the circle but it doesn't protect you.
    Correct, that functionaloty had slipped my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Trywin Hard View Post
    These were both occasions where it was in full view and still up. I questioned my self but watched the kill replay and there it was, i swear it's a bug.

15+ Year Old Account
    I understand working as a team in the game, but no single event in this world will ever convince me to play a tank, mercy or lucio. I don't care that nobody else picked tank, I refuse to play that shitty role.

Glad to see this thread is still "reee my team are bad so I lose SR" vs. reasonable people.

People who climb have to put up with teammates doing silly things too, btw. The difference being they can deal with that behaviour and pull out more Ws than those who screech about hero picks and get hardstuck in plat.
    the higher you go the less fun this game gets

Quote Originally Posted by redf View Post
    the higher you go the less fun this game gets
    I'd disagree, lower ELOs are just clusterfucks of people running around shooting, the higher your SR gets the closer your games are to actual games of Overwatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd disagree, lower ELOs are just clusterfucks of people running around shooting, the higher your SR gets the closer your games are to actual games of Overwatch.
    The problem is getting up there, since the game fucks you over with some of the shitty teammates you get.

Tried to climb today for several hours, only to have the reverse happen. Now I have to climb another thousand SR
    just to get back to where I was the day before. Didn't help having dps players who couldn't shoot the wall, let
    alone some terrible tanks who never contest.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    The problem is getting up there, since the game fucks you over with some of the shitty teammates you get.

Tried to climb today for several hours, only to have the reverse happen. Now I have to climb another thousand SR
    just to get back to where I was the day before. Didn't help having dps players who couldn't shoot the wall, let
    Imagine saying someone is not a team player and then complaining about consistently losing and being uanble to rise in SR and then blaming everyone else but yourself. I wonder who is not a team player.

No, you would have a higher SR if you were a better player. Maybe you should work on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you would have a higher SR if you were a better player. Maybe you should work on that.
    Maybe you should work on what you erroneously think is correct. (Pst, it isn't.)

If you're a healer and you've got said shitheads, ya can't outheal through stupid. Likewise if you're tanking,
    you can't protect every moron who doesn't listen.

Imagine saying someone is not a team player and then complaining about consistently losing and being uanble to rise in SR and then blaming everyone else but yourself. I wonder who is not a team player.
    You mean like how you've blamed your deranking in the past because of leavers, trolls, and the like?

Besides, this has nothing to do with being a team player. Unlike you, I will work with the team, but their
    skill levels tend to vary. It doesn't take "skill" however, to know when to switch roles and to be flexible
    and help your team out if they need you to. Which YOU seem to have a very hard time grasping.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2019-04-08 at 03:18 AM.

(Standard denial)
    Say what you want, you won't change my mind. Your SR is low because you're not very good, if you want to improve it, get better. Screeching about your team always being bad just makes it more obvious that you're bad at Overwatch.

I think a lot of the perceptions in this thread come from being able to see other people's bad gameplay but not one's own.

Right now I have 3 active accounts. Silver/Gold for playing with some australian friends. On this I do a few things to make it less obscenely unfair for the enemy team. I play silly heroes and turn the reticule off. Diamond/Masters for being a bastion 1 trick. My main account still hardstuck.

Platinum is by far the most toxic bracket and by far the most muddied and wildly variable in the skill of the people there. This is in my experience because the people there are not consistent or have some critical deficit in their gameplay that might not cost them the game or round sometimes then is demolished another. So they say to themselves, "I don't know why I'm losing, I'm playing the same as I always do." They are simply unaware of whatever skill they do not have.

I find all of diamond and all of masters to be the most enjoyable brackets; there is usually teamwork and a decent comp but not forced into cookie cutter nonsense or some godlike widowmaker ruining everyone's lives.