Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    Just play the game and ignore everything.

I was 2500 SR, was there for 2-3 seasons. Climbed up from 2200, got some close games but I finally made it to 2500. Then one fine day, I got in to games where people just played whatever they want and refuse to swap/communicate, some games people just straight up throwing, I fell from 2500 to 1900 no joke.

Ever since then, I just encountered the same type of people, refuse to swap even though you're getting hard countered, selfish solo players, over and over and over and over and over... I've given up on this game, now I play the game as a solo player as well, teamwork can kiss my butt.

Some games I see a widow going against Orisa, Rein and Winston, i tell them to swap, we're in Silver, your aim aint that good and they got 3 shields you cant even hit through. Of course I get ignored, then they swap to Genji with 10secs left, LOL
    Everyone plays in the same environment my dude, inability to climb is not due to teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    Everyone plays in the same environment my dude, inability to climb is not due to teammates.
    People like to blame everyone but themselves like they're some kind of god to gaming. It's nothing new in this thread.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    People like to blame everyone but themselves like they're some kind of god to gaming. It's nothing new in this thread.
    I know, but I was an entitled, team blaming douchebag before I saw the light. Maybe one of my posts will help others do the same.

Herald of the Titans Battlebeard's Avatar
    That is 100% not correct. If you are the only one who communicate, pick relevant heroes (swapping to counter etc) and who is the top performer with good heal/min or dps/min every game but still have a hard time climbing, then, it's really is the teams fault. I mean, what else can you POSSIBLY do.

- - - Updated - - -

That is 100% not correct. If you are the only one who communicate, pick relevant heroes (swapping to counter etc) and who is the top performer with good heal/min or dps/min every game but still have a hard time climbing, then, it's really is the teams fault. I mean, what else can you POSSIBLY do.

I been there myself. My main account is stuck in platinum, around 2800 cause I tend to get always potato teammates. I play support with 2k heal per min, communicate, swap to more optimal healers when needed etc but I can't climb cause there is a 50% winrate, seems like Im either cursed or that Blizzard purposely puts me with bad teammates.

And before you say "you are playing where you should", no. I have two more accounts, both in diamond. My second account has at 3300 rating and I been there for many seasons and about 300 games, not dropping down. And my third account even reached masters, now it's at 3450 or so as well, and I keep it there solidly with about 100 games played.

I am no god, but I am a mid-high diamond player, POSSIBLY a low masters player. But I just can't climb with my main account non the less. Two accounts to prove where I should be (thanks to placements), but my old acc, who placed lower many seasons ago, just can't get there. Cause a diamond player can't solo its way out of plat and my potato teammates assure I always stay there...

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    it's my team's fault I'm perfect wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    okay buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    I have asked time and again for the people who think they are trapped in elo hell to post their SR, what they think their SR should be and their gameplay.

They never do.

I wonder why.
    elo hell for me was like 2700-2900.

I eventually got out of it and got into diamond, I felt accomplished and basically stopped. lol
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

kinda sick of the Duo queue, instant lock Widow /Hanzo in almost everyone of my QPs, and when my 4 stack that takes everything important for Bunker comp, Deathball, or suggest GOATS, we get "Nah, it's QP brah." and they continue to waste our time, other than that... peachy.

okay buddy.
    Did you even read the rest of his/her post where they state they have 2 other accounts at a much higher rating?

okay buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Did you even read the rest of his/her post where they state they have 2 other accounts at a much higher rating?
    People in this thread have short memories. The higher cited account is one that a friend of his let him play on, that was already put at that SR.

Additionally he said he doesn't play on it often, so his performance hasn't caught up with him. A healer player that can't get out plat deserves to be there. Diamond isn't much more impressive than plat tbh, just slightly less bad.

A good ana or zen carries matches, period. They can easily climb to GM from bronze by merit of being able to get kills and having obscene utility in a team game.

He is most accurately described as a hardstuck 3k player if we take all of his posts as 100% true.
    ---

On topic, I was in a GM game, ended with something like 7.5k damage done 5k healing done, zen outhealed me, but it doesn't matter, because the enemy team literally never got a clean engagement, because they were always down 1 from sleep into kill, or team anti'd. Meanwhile I can be playing on an alt at 3.3 or something and our ana gets a healing card for like 25k healing done but she was basically a non entity because the utility use was bad.

I see people here say they are the top performer in all their games, and I know they mean medals, but that isn't how OW is won.
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-06-13 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    People in this thread have short memories. The higher cited account is one that a friend of his let him play on, that was already put at that SR.

Additionally he said he doesn't play on it often, so his performance hasn't caught up with him. A healer player that can't get out plat deserves to be there. Diamond isn't much more impressive than plat tbh, just slightly less bad.

A good ana or zen carries matches, period. They can easily climb to GM from bronze by merit of being able to get kills and having obscene utility in a team game.

He is most accurately described as a hardstuck 3k player if we take all of his posts as 100% true.
    ---

On topic, I was in a GM game, ended with something like 7.5k damage done 5k healing done, zen outhealed me, but it doesn't matter, because the enemy team literally never got a clean engagement, because they were always down 1 from sleep into kill, or team anti'd. Meanwhile I can be playing on an alt at 3.3 or something and our ana gets a healing card for like 25k healing done but she was basically a non entity because the utility use was bad.

I see people here say they are the top performer in all their games, and I know they mean medals, but that isn't how OW is won.
    Yet he commented 2 more accounts, not just 1. By your own posts you’ve even stated “give me your account info so I can rank it up and watch it fall when I give it back” (paraphrasing). You just said the other account is a friends that he let him play and he stated he hasn’t fallen. 300 games or not, by your account, he should have fallen. He even stated it’s been here doing steady.
    You can say what you want, but other than your anecdotal evidence vs other’s anecdotal evidence, there is nothing more than 1 side going “uh huh” with the other side going “nuh uh.”
    Bottom line is no one really knows how SR works because Blizzard has never come out and explained it. There’s every bit as much of a chance of it not being as great as people say as there is a chance of it being a perfect system.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Yet he commented 2 more accounts, not just 1. By your own posts you’ve even stated “give me your account info so I can rank it up and watch it fall when I give it back” (paraphrasing). You just said the other account is a friends that he let him play and he stated he hasn’t fallen. 300 games or not, by your account, he should have fallen. He even stated it’s been here doing steady.
    You can say what you want, but other than your anecdotal evidence vs other’s anecdotal evidence, there is nothing more than 1 side going “uh huh” with the other side going “nuh uh.”
    Bottom line is no one really knows how SR works because Blizzard has never come out and explained it. There’s every bit as much of a chance of it not being as great as people say as there is a chance of it being a perfect system.
    So do you not believe GM players are better than plats? If this argument is anecdotal vs anecdotal then the vast number of people whose skills correlate with their SR surely cant exist right, since that would constitute evidence against these screeching kids who wish their number would go up.

Bad I used to be a diamond-player, but as of late, I seem to always be put into the silver-league...

My first account is stuck around 2600, I've got an alt account that just keeps placing higher and higher every new season. It started out at 2500 but now it's placing at diamond, it's been increasing by about 100 for every season I've placed on it. I only play the placement games and it just keeps going higher and higher. Why? Why can't my main account place same as that account? There's something going on behind the scenes here when my other account can get placed higher and higher every season. Why is there over a 500 rating difference in placements between these 2 accounts when I'm the one playing both? If this placement increase doesn't stop on my other account, it's going to end up in master by just playing placements in 2-3 seasons.

The only difference is that the other account is 100% Torbjørn, doesn't matter what anyone else picks. I always pick Torbjørn. On my main account, I pick to try to build around the team comp.
    Last edited by Aylaman; 2019-06-13 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylaman View Post
    My first account is stuck around 2600, I've got an alt account that just keeps placing higher and higher every new season. It started out at 2500 but now it's placing at diamond, it's been increasing by about 100 for every season I've placed on it. I only play the placement games and it just keeps going higher and higher. Why? Why can't my main account place same as that account? There's something going on behind the scenes here when my other account can get placed higher and higher every season. Why is there over a 500 rating difference in placements between these 2 accounts when I'm the one playing both? If this placement increase doesn't stop on my other account, it's going to end up in master by just playing placements in 2-3 seasons.

The only difference is that the other account is 100% Torbjørn, doesn't matter what anyone else picks. I always pick Torbjørn. On my main account, I pick to try to build around the team comp.
    Why are my accounts ranked differently he asks?

Because I play differently, he answers.

Edit: But seriously, lets pretend for a moment that you didn't answer your own question, lets pretend for a moment that you have two accounts that place differently despite the fact that it is your own play the game is estimating differently.
    Remember, the game estimates your SR based on your play, not on you. You are not consistent. This inconsistency can be explained is numerous ways and honestly is a pretty large factor, especially at low ranks.
    Inconsistency can be due to low practice, if many of your skills aren't muscle memory/unconscious or trained decision making, you generally have to tank about what you are doing, so you can have bouts of poor aim, you can make worse decisions than usual, but on the flip side you can nail some sick shots, you can make sick decisions. On top of that there's the biological side, maybe your muscles aren't warm, maybe you've been playing other games and you got some mad RSI beginning to rear it's head, maybe you're just having a shit day.
    All this contributes to variance in your ability, in terms of estimating your skills this would factor into the error on your MMR determined by the matchmaker. This is further exacerbated if your account is brand new and you've only played 10 games. If half the time you play like a 2200 and half the time 3200, chances are the MMR you will be given will be 2700, but the system will know your variance is large, this means your SR swings will be higher, it means if you try to play again next season and play well, it will accelerate your adjustments. Same goes in the other direction. This is why it is particularly easy to have a second account that is placed quite differently to your main, it's the error on the calculation inflated in one direction or the other by having played few games.
    Furthermore, alt accounts are a hassle to actually consider as real evidence due to the fact that humans are just human, they have brains and brains are dumb. I for sure play differently on my alt, even when I just wanna play some chill games using my main heroes. I'm more often solo, I'm more often less interested in communicating and most interested in just executing some nice play and being happy. And those changes are just the ones I consciously notice, who the fuck knows how else my behavior changes between the two accounts.

If you try to convince me your play from one account to another is exactly the same, see the above for why you're wrong.
    Last edited by Kharadin; 2019-06-13 at 08:09 AM.

Although Heroes of The Storm is infinitely worse in terms of match making, this game gives it a
    good run for it's money at times.

Lately I've been literally stuck in 2000-2100. Should be higher but well, it's better then when the
    game was REALLY fucking me over and sending me all the way to Bronze. Proof enough that the
    system is fucking retarded.

Why are my accounts ranked differently he asks?

Because I play differently, he answers.
    This is supposed to be a team-based game, why should I get better placements on my other account which I don't play as a team on?

This is supposed to be a team-based game, why should I get better placements on my other account which I don't play as a team on?
    This is a team based game? Pretty sure the leaderboards are per player. Pretty sure my SR is determined by my ability.

Sure, you play in a team, but over a stretch of games if you want to increase your SR you're really just trying to outplay your counterpart on the enemy team. Also, consider what you're doing when trying to play as a team. You adjust your pick based on the composition, because that's good theory right? Improve your chances of winning by choosing the best hero for the job. Cool.

Now consider, I don't care what my team comp is, I always pick Mei. Because I'm a dickhead who loves to tilt my own team. You adjust your hero, you have a couple hours on each hero. I have 60 hours on Mei. Chances are I can make correct decisions and execute mechanically demanding tasks on Mei better than you can for any single hero. I'm going to constantly outplay you and the game is now closer to a 5v6 than a 6v6. Thank you for your SR.

Also, there is no "should" in the game. It doesn't matter what you "should" get, what matters is what you do get. Also placements are only 10 games, the variance in play over 10 games can be massive, it could've been equally likely you for you drop 500 SR just playing Torb as well as gain, no one cares about comparing the SR of accounts that have played 10 games. This is a statistically invalid proposal.

Also, there is no "should" in the game. It doesn't matter what you "should" get, what matters is what you do get. Also placements are only 10 games, the variance in play over 10 games can be massive, it could've been equally likely you for you drop 500 SR just playing Torb as well as gain, no one cares about comparing the SR of accounts that have played 10 games. This is a statistically invalid proposal.
    It's not only 10 games. It's 10 games per season in placements. That's a lot of games over the seasons since the first placement. I'm not playing any better, at least that I think, based on these. I've had 9 games lost and still gained 100 rating from the previous the season. I've had 8 games won, still gained 100 rating from the previous season. It doesn't make any god damn sense at all why it should be increasing 100 every season no matter how many games I win or lose in placements.
    Last edited by Aylaman; 2019-06-13 at 08:39 AM.

It's not only 10 games. It's 10 games per season in placements. That's a lot of games over the seasons since the first placement. I'm not playing any better, at least that I think, based on these. I've had 9 games lost and still gained 100 rating from the previous the season. I've had 8 games won, still gained 100 rating from the previous season. It doesn't make any god damn sense at all why it should be increasing 100 every season no matter how many games I win or lose in placements.
    So, either Blizzard's algorithm has singled you out and decided to arbitrarily give you 100 SR per season for shits and giggles until you're GM just from placements or what you think is wrong.

:thinking:

Guess ladder is fucked, I'm gonna go play a different game.

3.7 alt game.

Doomfist is mad that I picked Sombra(he doesn't want a 3d DPS) so he sits afk all game, throwing the odd left click so he doesn't get kicked.

Spends the entire game ranting about how Sombra is broken(allchat and voice.)

We win with 1 meter left to hold 5v6. He rants about how this rank is all bad and that his main is like t500, I tell him to add my main and prove it, he just leaves voice.

https://i.imgur.com/F14PSm9.mp4
    https://pics.me.me/hmm-youre-a-naugh...e-14323194.png
    https://img.memecdn.com/tech-support..._o_6995981.jpg
    https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...57/470/753.jpg
    https://pics.me.me/are-you-keep-your...ah-6285116.png
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-06-13 at 10:51 AM.