10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    The SR system doesn't measure skill though. It only measures your rating. There's huge differences between players on the same SR in skill levels. They need to like crank the personal performance influence on your SR up like 100 times or more, not remove it like they did. Best they could do is make you able to lose SR even if you win and get SR even if you lose, based on your performance.
    Yes, I said that for years! SR should be 100% tied to personal performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Yes, I said that for years! SR should be 100% tied to personal performance.
    That's where it averages out.

This whole bickering mess is a real turn-off for these forums. Just quit it already.

Bad team mates, smurfs, boosters, all that shit will give you bad matches; but it won't horribly effect your SR. I've been dumped down to mid silver loads of times by now because of these things, tilt etc. But give it a couple of days, get your shit back together and it's very easily recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    That's where it averages out.

This whole bickering mess is a real turn-off for these forums. Just quit it already.

Bad team mates, smurfs, boosters, all that shit will give you bad matches; but it won't horribly effect your SR. I've been dumped down to mid silver loads of times by now because of these things, tilt etc. But give it a couple of days, get your shit back together and it's very easily recovered.
    “Won’t affect SR that horribly.” *Goes on to show how it affects SR horribly.*
    Dropping rank is a horrible affect to your SR. Getting put with people that lower your SR is a negative impact.
    As a side note, never really had anyone compare a turn off to a forum. Implying you could get turned on by one is a little odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    “Won’t affect SR that horribly.” *Goes on to show how it affects SR horribly.*
    Dropping rank is a horrible affect to your SR. Getting put with people that lower your SR is a negative impact.
    As a side note, never really had anyone compare a turn off to a forum. Implying you could get turned on by one is a little odd.
    I think if an SR drop is easily recovered, it's not really a horribly affect, at least this is what's I inferred after having read the post you quoted.

Also turn on/turn off aren't exclusively references to sexual attraction, words in the English language can have more than one meaning, or even slight adjustments to meaning given the context.

10+ Year Old Account
    So as a slight break from the "discussion" currently ongoing...

With all the nerfs Brigette has gotten lately, I wonder how long it'll take before
    she gets a complete rework.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    So as a slight break from the "discussion" currently ongoing...

With all the nerfs Brigette has gotten lately, I wonder how long it'll take before
    she gets a complete rework.
    Why do you think she'll get/needs a rework?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    Why do you think she'll get/needs a rework?
    Jeff described her as a 'car crash' outside of 3 Support compositions.

- - - Updated - - -

I think if an SR drop is easily recovered, it's not really a horribly affect, at least this is what's I inferred after having read the post you quoted.
    This. I typically hover 2100-2300.

I find it hard to go much above 2350, Career High is 2475, and that's entirely on me. Getting dumped down by a loss streak, yeah, it's pretty infuriating, but it's not the end of the world because I know I'll get back where I was pretty easily. It's not those loss streaks that are stopping me climb above that point.

Jeff described her as a 'car crash' outside of 3 Support compositions.

- - - Updated - - -

This. I typically hover 2100-2300.

I find it hard to go much above 2350, Career High is 2475, and that's entirely on me. Getting dumped down by a loss streak, yeah, it's pretty infuriating, but it's not the end of the world because I know I'll get back where I was pretty easily. It's not those loss streaks that are stopping me climb above that point.
    Lol really? I need to keep up with Dev posts better. She's pretty chill in plat, shuts down lots of silly enemy carries like Reaper/Mei/Tracer I've found, but I really enjoy her kit. I guess if she gets a rework it'll be because maybe that kit is really hard to balance?

Yeah I'm the same, I'm usually around 2800 or so, even on the worst days if I hit 2500 I start carrying games pretty easily, it's like there's steps to the player skill around plat-level, and 2950 is a fuckin' wall to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's like there's steps to the player skill around plat-level, and 2950 is a fuckin' wall to me.
    I can imagine, I get close to 2400 and get those premades with a Diamond and a couple of Golds in them, and the Diamond just carries, like properly untouchably hard carries. They are on a whole other level to me.

I can imagine, I get close to 2400 and get those premades with a Diamond and a couple of Golds in them, and the Diamond just carries, like properly untouchably hard carries. They are on a whole other level to me.
    Unless they're on your team of course, then the gold is so bad the diamond is unable to carry. And the gold always starts shit-talking their teammates too, that shit tilts me so hard lol.

But seriously, they probably tanked their SR to carry their friend, so they're probably more likely Masters/GM players. I don't think a Diamond could carry that hard in plat unless they're left uncontested, maybe. I feel like the plat/diamond barrier is mostly down to comms and aggression and possibly ult usage too, rather than mech. skill.

Today when I logged in there was a message on my screen warning me that leaving matches early will result in a penalty.
    I only leave maps on the character select screen before the match even starts, and I don't play ranked anymore. Do I get penalty for leaving during hero selection? -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Today when I logged in there was a message on my screen warning me that leaving matches early will result in a penalty.
    I only leave maps on the character select screen before the match even starts, and I don't play ranked anymore. Do I get penalty for leaving during hero selection? -.-
    You can get penalized for “leaving” during the match found portion. The reason I put in quotation marks isn’t stating anything against you, but I have had dc’s or computer crash right as a competitive game shows “match found” and I get the penalty for it.
    That said, I love how Ive fallen 200 SR in 2 days on a losing streak. Odd thing is that 4 of my recent games I’ve had people playing their placement matches on my team against people with diamond ranks. Another few games I try communicating with the team and they just keep funneling thru a choke point against a Bastion and Junkrat, then team complains the healers aren’t healing enough.
    Not a fun streak to be on right now.
    Down 300 SR now.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2019-06-20 at 05:41 PM.

Throwers. Throwers everywhere. Bad people. Bad people everywhere. "I'm hacking reaper, kill him", NOPE NOPE NOPE. BETTER TRY TO SHOOT THAT HAMMOND WHO ISN'T EVEN DANGEROUS, REAPER HAS ULTI BUT IS HACKED BUT FUCK THAT, LET'S SHOOT HAMMOND! Hack wears off "FUCKING SOMBRA THROWER", how about FUCKING KILL REAPER WHEN I'VE HACKED HIM?

Holy shit, people are so fucking bad at this game. How can they be so bad? How can they not listen to voice? How do they not realize it's their own fault he could ulti them?

they realy need to nerf sombras emp. there is 0 skill required its simply an autowin

but its fun to see how she alone can destroy Goats comp. i just dont understand why it took them months to understand that.
    Last edited by hzjf; 2019-06-24 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylaman View Post
    Throwers. Throwers everywhere. Bad people. Bad people everywhere. "I'm hacking reaper, kill him", NOPE NOPE NOPE. BETTER TRY TO SHOOT THAT HAMMOND WHO ISN'T EVEN DANGEROUS, REAPER HAS ULTI BUT IS HACKED BUT FUCK THAT, LET'S SHOOT HAMMOND! Hack wears off "FUCKING SOMBRA THROWER", how about FUCKING KILL REAPER WHEN I'VE HACKED HIM?

Holy shit, people are so fucking bad at this game. How can they be so bad? How can they not listen to voice? How do they not realize it's their own fault he could ulti them?
    I know so many of my friends that just want to play a game and dont really care about it. They aren't bad players but they want to chill, play the characters (or the one character) they like and listen music while playing, so no voice chat. They dont care too much about teamplay as long as they can play as they want to...

And no, they are not found rock bottom of bronze, they are silver, mostly gold, and some platin players.

doomfist is really balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    He plays only tank, Rein, Winston and a few more. How do you expect to solo your way out with tanks? I would get it if he played some DPS, but a Rein can't exactly carry a game, not in plat and diamond at least. snip

It's NOT ridicolous, I absolutely understand how frustrating it is, being a mid diamond player stuck in plat myself.
    Thought I'd reply to you on this one since my sceanrio is more or less the same just different ranks + use of rein.

I've said many times I sucked in S1 and it's got a knock on effect. More or less since placing in bronze it's been one hell of a ride to get into gold for the last 4/5 seasons. The way I broke through in the end was taking rein. If you don't charge in and manage the shield effectively you can pretty much carry any bronze or silver comp in every game. The only exception is the DPS who like to stand in front of the shield.

But yea my games have been hilariously bad this season. For some context, I did an alt account and did my placements, 2850, my main averages 2k. That was until this season. Last season, like I say moira / rein I was running and I slowly crawled from 2000 up to 2300 and ended it there. I repeated the combo for the placements and landed in 2500. That was me, happy. Finally in what I felt was the right bracket and I could properly climb now.

Yea..... no. Plat. What a fucking cesspit of chimps. Voice chat was just toxic as fuck before games even started. Needless to say I dropped back to gold in about 5 games. Honestly at first I was like atleast every gold game isn't toxic and bad compared to that. Oh boy, oh boy oh boy how wrong I was. Every fucking game I got atleast one of those sterotypical situations. Instant lock twp dps duo, the WM instant lock and no changing, the distracting "I need healing" spam while on full health because I've healed him faster than he can notice, smurfs etc. In that one night I dropped to 2300 ish and called it quits. Went back on it a few days later. Exactly the same, dropped to 2250 ish and came off. Needless to say over 2 weeks of going on for a few warm up QP then comps; the same pattern happened constantly. The last time I did comp I was sitting on 1820.

Now I appreciate the "If you've fallen that far or get that many loses it's probably you" arguement, but guys I can't even put my finger on one game where they enemy team won because they were better. Additionally, if you scroll back in this thread you'll see I posted about my masters mate doing my placements as a mercy main, 9 wins 1 draw, 3-4 gold medals every game and he placed at 1700. So this mate of mine was back at my place and thought as he says "I'm chatting poop". So I put him on mine once again. In 7 years of knowing him, I've never, ever known him to leave a game of anything in a competitive scene. He hates it. He left in the 2nd game and couldn't get over the incompetence going on

So thats me, not hit comp in 3 weeks as a result

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I can't even put my finger on one game where they enemy team won because they were better.
    Odd, I think it's pretty obvious that the enemy won each game because they were better. That's generally how you win.
    Tilting at your teammates before the games even begin is a surefire way to demonstrate you are not made to play this game at a higher level.

It's funny, you name all these situations you encounter in plat games that you describe as terrible things, but I barely encounter them at all, and when I do I can often diffuse them before it's a problem. Also, what's wrong with instant lock dps duos? They know what they want to play and they choose quickly, getting upset by this is quite indicative of where the problem lies. Better than "flex" players who wait a thousand years before making a fucking weird hero choice that doesn't fit into the comp, but RIP the game's started, guess we'll go with the janky comp.

Edit: I wonder if anyone on this thread would be interested in grouping up for some games (although I play on EU, so that could be a problem) with the purpose of diffusing toxicity and just having some good games. I'm currently not too worried about climbing but rather improving some of my crappier heroes, particularly for comps good vs. high ground mobility. I main Zarya, D.Va probably second but contesting a strong Hanzo or some such with good positioning is a bit of a struggle lately.
    Last edited by Kharadin; 2019-06-24 at 08:29 AM.

Odd, I think it's pretty obvious that the enemy won each game because they were better. That's generally how you win.
    Tilting at your teammates before the games even begin is a surefire way to demonstrate you are not made to play this game at a higher level.

It's funny, you name all these situations you encounter in plat games that you describe as terrible things, but I barely encounter them at all, and when I do I can often diffuse them before it's a problem. Also, what's wrong with instant lock dps duos? They know what they want to play and they choose quickly, getting upset by this is quite indicative of where the problem lies. Better than "flex" players who wait a thousand years before making a fucking weird hero choice that doesn't fit into the comp, but RIP the game's started, guess we'll go with the janky comp.

Edit: I wonder if anyone on this thread would be interested in grouping up for some games (although I play on EU, so that could be a problem) with the purpose of diffusing toxicity and just having some good games. I'm currently not too worried about climbing but rather improving some of my crappier heroes, particularly for comps good vs. high ground mobility. I main Zarya, D.Va probably second but contesting a strong Hanzo or some such with good positioning is a bit of a struggle lately.
    Okay so to clear up. There's a difference between the enemy team winning because they play better or winning because my team play like chimps and hand it to them. The first I have 0 issues with losing, either it's a good game they simply win or they stomp because they coordinate. But I don't need to sit here and explain that shit because everyone experiences the two at some point or another.

Secondly, I'll give the benefit of the doubt that I miss typed / you caught the wrong end of the stick; I don't flame or tilt my team mates. I said they flame each other in spawn. Which is super common where I am now. If I ever get to the point I say anything to anyone, I'll do it post game so people concentrate on the game rather than typing abuse.

Instant lock duos might not be an issue at higher ranks, but again where I am right now it's insane how toxic / shit / both the majority of the time, I'd be comfortable with saying 9/10 chance it happens. Even on good games when you can tell they are good at their characters, it's often the wrong character choices for the round / objective / game type / countered.

As I mentioned, I've recently been maining Rein and moira. My top picks are Moira, Lucio, Mercy, Roadhog, Hammond Zarya, Rein, with the exception of Zarya I can play any of the others are the same level. So seeing two people instant lock DPS doesn't overly bother me itself as I can play around, it's what comes next with them that gets me. I'll also tell them I'll fill on game launch

But literally, you get a defense point , you see people willing to roll 2-2-2you get excited and boom you get Hammond, hog, reaper, genji (or worse a bastion who takes 3 seconds to react to a flanker + no shield), brig. Like really, no matter who I play to fill, no matter how well I play (I bring you back to my Masters mate example) I can't do enough. That's even if you get a 2-2-2 willinginess. The last few games all I was getting was 4/5 DPS and complaints they aren't getting healed enough.

Like I said I don't mind losing a good game or losing to a vastly superior team quickly but those aren't the losses I've been having

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Okay so to clear up. There's a difference between the enemy team winning because they play better or winning because my team play like chimps and hand it to them.
    At your ELO, I'm honestly not sure there is. It's mostly just a matter of which team punishes their enemy's mistakes better/more often, because both teams are gonna be doing dumb shit. Tbh it's probably true throughout ladder.

The first I have 0 issues with losing
    Sure, and I'm not saying any of these things to be an ass, I just don't think I necessarily either understand or agree with your point of view.

Instant lock duos might not be an issue at higher ranks
    I absolutely understand the preconception here, but immediately judging some duo because they happened to both pick dps doesn't matter, it's the same as two solos picking DPS, and one would expect to have two on your side, so why bother yourself if they're stacked?

Like I said I don't mind losing a good game or losing to a vastly superior team quickly but those aren't the losses I've been having
    The thing is, it's not that I don't believe these things happen, I know they do and it sucks but it comes with the territory of playing with randoms. But you make it sound like this happens in some majority of games, and there's lots of "I can't win because everyone else sucks", which I really don't get behind.

So given these things do happen and given you are matched with 5 people and against 6 from the same pool of players, how could it possibly be that you have these problems more often than your opponent? If you are a constant, you're not toxic, you don't tilt your teammates, but otherwise the randoms from the pool of possible teammates/enemy team are evenly chosen from these toxic/throwing/poor players, surely your team is only 5/6s as likely as the enemy to have any of this behavior?

Like I said, I'm not saying any of this to be an ass, I just think that maybe you're thinking about this the wrong way. Food for thought.