1. #10341
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    18,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    Woooooooo

    Another retarded reinhardt doing the shatter insta charge that turns a good shatter into only 1 kill.

    PSA Reinhardts everywhere this is shit, stop.

    This was a fucking 4k game. YOU LAUNCH MOST OF THE SHATTER AWAY FROM YOUR TEAM AT HIGH VELOCITY.

    This just triggers me, I wasn't mean to him in game.
    You've seen nothing until you've heard the his shield about to break, dropped Immortality Field, then watched him press Shift out of it and into the middle of the enemy team.

    A lot of Reinhardt players are very shit at Reinhardt.

  2. #10342
    Got back into masters again just before the season ended. It really can be a headache as the only way I seem to win games is to completely take control of the game and hard carry, which can really only be done in the support role as Ana or Moira.

    I really wish the "avoid player" list was much longer. Before the avoid feature, the same players were always on my team 3 or even 4 times in a row. Now they RARELY show up on the other team when I avoid, which leads me to believe there is another hidden way to determine SR that we are not seeing. Why else would it be that much different depending on what team the person is on? It's odd that a player doesn't belong in a game unless they are on my team. Meanwhile I see the same smurfs on the opposing team in that same streak of games, and never on my team.

    Hopefully role queue will breath some life into this game.

  3. #10343
    Bloodsail Admiral ThatsOurEric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,237
    Think I've played 20 games so far, only winning maybe 4 or 5, and losing the vast majority.
    There are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many shitty players on now, and the matchmaking is
    ensuring that I get these worthless players on my team every single time.

  4. #10344
    Played with my friend on US servers, they really need to crack down on the abusive chat in this game. 3 games played, 5 people telling me to kill myself, 3 telling me I should get cancer and 3 people who were racist to me because of my battletag and one person saying he'd rape me.

  5. #10345
    Played really well in qualifying for this season, lost 300 points. Cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Corgis are well known for their danger to cabbages. You should get a pit bull instead. Your cabbages will be safe, although they will probably kill your children.

  6. #10346
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Played with my friend on US servers, they really need to crack down on the abusive chat in this game. 3 games played, 5 people telling me to kill myself, 3 telling me I should get cancer and 3 people who were racist to me because of my battletag and one person saying he'd rape me.
    Wauw, is that limited to the US servers?

    On the EU side it's mostly angry people who bitch about how they are the best and rest of the team are the worst but nothing that aggressive.

  7. #10347
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You've seen nothing until you've heard the his shield about to break, dropped Immortality Field, then watched him press Shift out of it and into the middle of the enemy team.

    A lot of Reinhardt players are very shit at Reinhardt.
    More likely, there's a lot of people who don't trust their team to do the right thing and act accordingly.

    Not saying it's right, but it's how I view it.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

  8. #10348
    Bloodsail Admiral ThatsOurEric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,237
    So after messing around with my placement matches with the new role lock, couple of things I noticed.

    1. Wins are now HEAVILY based on teamwork. Not that they weren't already previously, but definitely the
    games I won, even with players excelling in certain roles, STILL needed everyone playing together. Dps
    backing up tanks, call outs, healing priority, etc.

    2. Losses are equally heavily based on whoever was lacking. Now if you lose, 80% of the time, someone was
    significantly lacking in a department. A lot of my game losses were due to either bad play from tanks, or just
    abysmally shit dps.

    Either way, I've probably encountered significantly more toxicity than ever before. And holy shit, there's still
    no improvement in the match making system. So all in all, an utterly worthless update.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2019-08-14 at 02:41 AM.

  9. #10349
    15% win rate after coming back from another break. Overwatch really know how to keep its players around. If only they knew how to do something simple like drop MMR after long periods of absence from the game.

  10. #10350
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    So after messing around with my placement matches with the new role lock, couple of things I noticed.

    1. Wins are now HEAVILY based on teamwork. Not that they weren't already previously, but definitely the
    games I won, even with players excelling in certain roles, STILL needed everyone playing together. Dps
    backing up tanks, call outs, healing priority, etc.

    2. Losses are equally heavily based on whoever was lacking. Now if you lose, 80% of the time, someone was
    significantly lacking in a department. A lot of my game losses were due to either bad play from tanks, or just
    abysmally shit dps.

    Either way, I've probably encountered significantly more toxicity than ever before. And holy shit, there's still
    no improvement in the match making system. So all in all, an utterly worthless update.
    To me it looks like placement came with a hard reset on MMR, so you're going to be playing with a different set of players from before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

  11. #10351
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    To me it looks like placement came with a hard reset on MMR, so you're going to be playing with a different set of players from before.
    Can anyone confirm? This is quite exciting. I've been wanting to play genji at a reasonable SR without having to tank my alt by 1000 points, becuase boy does my genji suck.

  12. #10352
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    18,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    Can anyone confirm? This is quite exciting. I've been wanting to play genji at a reasonable SR without having to tank my alt by 1000 points, becuase boy does my genji suck.
    It's not a hard reset, there may be some 'softness' to it, but they've been tracking your role based MMR since season 15 so there could be some significant variation between roles.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    More likely, there's a lot of people who don't trust their team to do the right thing and act accordingly.

    Not saying it's right, but it's how I view it.
    I mean, pressing shift when your barrier breaks is never the right thing to do. When you hear Bap shouting "Step inside to stay alive", and your screen goes all flashy accordingly, that's even more reason to not press it.

  13. #10353
    Role Queue doesn't fix the problem with OW for me - shit dps. If you're a dps, you have the easiest job and people still fail at it. At least now it's a maximum of two wasted spots

    - - - Updated - - -

    And now that goats is gone - they can nerf doomfist and reaper right? Because they're fucking cancer to play against as any other dps

  14. #10354
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    The greater wrong of the right
    Posts
    24
    Rein knockback resistance is too weak. They need to ramp it by like 200%. You still don't get to play your character if you pick rein.

    What was the point of this "buff"? It doesn't do anything. They need to like make his shield block everything, including doomfists charge.
    Last edited by Empte; 2019-08-14 at 08:08 PM.

  15. #10355
    Played my 5 placement games, with four wins and one draw. Honestly it's probably the most fun I've had in the game in a long time. Great first impressions from me for this update, role queue is a very welcome change.
    Last edited by Methodd; 2019-08-15 at 04:33 AM.

  16. #10356
    Bloodsail Admiral ThatsOurEric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Role Queue doesn't fix the problem with OW for me - shit dps. If you're a dps, you have the easiest job and people still fail at it. At least now it's a maximum of two wasted spots
    That's essentially been my experience in the tanking role. Haven't had a problem with bad Supports yet, but holy fuck are there some
    useless dps players. Who of course, never switch to counter play.

  17. #10357
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Role Queue doesn't fix the problem with OW for me - shit dps. If you're a dps, you have the easiest job and people still fail at it. At least now it's a maximum of two wasted spots

    - - - Updated - - -

    And now that goats is gone - they can nerf doomfist and reaper right? Because they're fucking cancer to play against as any other dps
    I'm afraid if your SR is low, you get matched with people equally as bad as you. If you want to play with better dps maybe you should be a better player.

  18. #10358
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    The greater wrong of the right
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    On the EU side it's mostly angry people who bitch about how they are the best and rest of the team are the worst but nothing that aggressive.
    I play EU and I have in the past few days gotten like 30 report confirmations while logging in, for reports about telling me to kill myself, people being aggressively homophobic or racist or russians who start screaming on voice "fuck americans" when you tell them to speak english.
    Last edited by Empte; 2019-08-15 at 12:16 PM.

  19. #10359
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    I'm afraid if your SR is low, you get matched with people equally as bad as you. If you want to play with better dps maybe you should be a better player.
    "If you get matched with bad players you must be bad"

    Shut up, you're just being facetious. When I say I'm playing with bad dps I mean they're not playing to the degree I'd expect from DPS in my SR. I just had a game against a pharah and solider and the DPS chose symmetra and tracer, but by your logic that's because I'm low SR I guess, which even then I'm not.

  20. #10360
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    "If you get matched with bad players you must be bad"

    Shut up, you're just being facetious. When I say I'm playing with bad dps I mean they're not playing to the degree I'd expect from DPS in my SR. I just had a game against a pharah and solider and the DPS chose symmetra and tracer, but by your logic that's because I'm low SR I guess, which even then I'm not.
    They're matched with you, they have the same SR, their abilities and decision making are just as good as yours. You think only dps heroes can deal with a pharah?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •