Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    You guys are honestly crazy. Hooking in Reaper puts him exactly where he wants to be.
    Do you understand that, as long as you're not terrible at the game, a hooked Reaper is a dead Reaper? He cannot fire between the stun beginning and the melee landing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    Ridiculously stupid and a waste of time you mean.

I say 4400
    you say prove it
    I link you my account and bother to log in
    you say it is my friend and not me
    I get on an alt with similar SR
    you say it is purchased or boosted
    back where we started

No thanks, been there done that multiple times.

Also you have proven to not know what you're talking about:

You sound like someone saying Widowmaker doesn't counter Pharah to anyone with game knowledge.
    Tell me then. If Roadhog is such a good Reaper counter, why doesn't he see pro play where Reaper is running rampant. Could it be perhaps because Reaper counters him not the other way around?

Also, sure buddy. Refuses to prove because he knows he's wrong.

PS. Of course Widow counters Pharah. It's as obvious as Reaper countering Roadhog.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    Do you understand that, as long as you're not terrible at the game, a hooked Reaper is a dead Reaper? He cannot fire between the stun beginning and the melee landing.
    He can live although barely and then heal up massive amounts with his passive. He'll if he wants to be really good he could just wraithwalk the hook to begin with.

Tell me then. If Roadhog is such a good Reaper counter, why doesn't he see pro play where Reaper is running rampant. Could it be perhaps because Reaper counters him not the other way around?

Also, sure buddy. Refuses to prove because he knows he's wrong.

PS. Of course Widow counters Pharah. It's as obvious as Reaper countering Roadhog.
    Roadhog is not played because double shield is meta, Reaper and Doom are played because the response to double shield is to step over shields while using yours to provide safety until you can step over and engage.

- - - Updated - - -

He can live although barely and then heal up massive amounts with his passive. He'll if he wants to be really good he could just wraithwalk the hook to begin with.
    Sorry, I qualified this with "unless you're terrible". The Reaper dies on the melee, this is not an ideal case, this is not even on average, this is literally every time the combo is performed.

Roadhog is not played because double shield is meta, Reaper and Doom are played because the response to double shield is to step over shields while using yours to provide safety until you can step over and engage.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I qualified this with "unless you're terrible". The Reaper dies on the melee, this is not an ideal case, this is not even on average, this is literally every time the combo is performed.
    Great, but why have 2 shields if you completely counter one of their dps. Reaper comes in and as you put it, shoot hook shoot melee. Unless of course it doesn't counter him. I mean honestly. By this logic Roadhog counters every non-tank in the game which is pure bullshit.

Great, but why have 2 shields if you completely counter one of their dps. Reaper comes in and as you put it, shoot hook shoot melee. Unless of course it doesn't counter him. I mean honestly. By this logic Roadhog counters every non-tank in the game which is pure bullshit.
    But by having only one shield, you open up several options for your opponent, this is why the current meta is mostly a mirror matchup, double shield just shuts down a swathe of dps heroes.

Except the difference being not every hero has an effective range inside the range of Hog's hook, it's his denial of space that counters short-range heroes in particular. Hanzo for example, and Widowmaker, these heroes can deal damage from further away than Hog's hook range and this allows them function effectively without being countered by short-range space denial.

Anymore basic concepts you'd like me to cover?

But by having only one shield, you open up several options for your opponent, this is why the current meta is mostly a mirror matchup, double shield just shuts down a swathe of dps heroes.

Except the difference being not every hero has an effective range inside the range of Hog's hook, it's his denial of space that counters short-range heroes in particular. Hanzo for example, and Widowmaker, these heroes can deal damage from further away than Hog's hook range and this allows them function effectively without being countered by short-range space denial.

He legit believes Reaper counters Roadhog and that is why Roadhog isn't meta.

The reality is you can't give up your second shield to counter 1 hero, derp, on top of a myriad of other layered reasons for how a meta defines itself.

The reality is you can't give up your second shield to counter 1 hero, derp, on top of a myriad of other layered reasons for how a meta defines itself.
    Trying to dispel misconceptions spread by poor players is such a slog, it makes me wanna go grind soloq.

But what if you miss your hook reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?!

Every meta is a mirror matchup of "what's the best". When it was Dive it was a mirror matchup, when it was GOATs it was a mirror matchup when it was Mercy meta it was a mirror matchup.

You are literally saying that Roadhog counters everyone who's not a tank. If that were true, Roadhog would be broken and would be played.

Anymore obvious concepts you'd like me to cover?

I'd love to see it because Reaper would DESTROY a Roadhog in a 1 v 1, not the other way around. Then if we bring teams into it it's not really Roadhog but a team effort that's shutting him down.

BTW, let's not forget that Roadhog and Reaper were BOTH being played in competitive before Sigma came out. And Reaper was hardly being "countered" there. In fact, if it wasn't for Orisa I doubt Roadhog would've even been played there.

You guys are honestly crazy. Hooking in Reaper puts him exactly where he wants to be.
    You don't want to get shoot-hook-shoot-melee combo as a reaper. You're dead if it happens. You don't have enough hp to survive it. Only other tanks do and even then you can finish some off with another shot after the combo.

You think Reaper isn't gonna get healing or assistance?
    I call on voice when I hook someone. Even tanks dies when I hook if others assist me.

- - - Updated - - -

Great, I never said I was high ranked but this'll be fun. What's your peak?

My initial rating after placement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    You don't want to get shoot-hook-shoot-melee combo as a reaper. You're dead if it happens. You don't have enough hp to survive it. Only other tanks do and even then you can finish some off with another shot after the combo.

I call on voice when I hook someone. Even tanks dies when I hook if others assist me.

- - - Updated - - -

My initial rating after placement.
    See, in voice is one thing. But that's not really Roadhog countering Reaper. That's a team focus. Anyone can die to team focus if enough. But in 1 on 1, Reaper destroys Roadhog. You leave him with just a sliver of HP and he is going to regen that on your fat body.

And hey, at least you're willing to show yours. Me, I peaked at 2500 playing mostly casually.

Now, if we really want a counter to him, I believe what the pros were using before double shield was D.Va to eat up his shots. Of course that's why they also started using Mei to freeze the D.Va so she couldn't eat up the shots.

See, in voice is one thing.
    Pretty much everyone is using voice at master and above.

But in 1 on 1, Reaper destroys Roadhog. You leave him with just a sliver of HP and he is going to regen that on your fat body.
    1 on 1, roadhog destroys reaper as well. You can just right-click him on distance, then hook him and shoot-melee combo and he's dead. Reaper can't even do anything before he's dead. There is no way for reaper to be close enough to pose a threat to roadhog in 1v1, it only happens in team fights if you don't pay attention to him and focus on other characters.

And hey, at least you're willing to show yours. Me, I peaked at 2500 playing mostly casually.
    No offense but at 2500 people are really bad at the game. I used to play at that rating when I started out and it hurts to look back at how bad I and others played there. Nobody knows how to play the characters, nobody knows how to position themselves, very few listen to sound cues, they often trickle in and die one or two at a time, they use their ultimates with very bad timing or just use them solo with nothing to back them up, people can't aim. I don't think I ever met any roadhog at that rating who knew how to right-click enemies or hook but at my current rating when I play dps @ master/gm I regularly get sniped by a right-click from roadhog on distance and they rarely ever miss vital hooks.

Playing my other account which got fucked up rating due to a bug in the matchmaking system when season 18 initially launched, I placed at gold. I've seen some amazing plays, like sigma ults when mccre has ult up and lifting him up above all the shields so he kills the whole team, what the fuck is that?

- - - Updated - - -

Because if you don't have 2 shields, they'll just get other characters which will fuck you up because they can burst the one shield down and slaughter you before you can do anything because they're running 2 shields themselves. Roadhog is great against several characters but he just doesn't cut it in this meta because if you pick him, you're missing one shield and there's a lot of dps that can do damage outside his effective range, behind the enemy shields.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2019-09-13 at 01:09 AM.

Pretty much everyone is using voice at master and above.

1 on 1, roadhog destroys reaper as well. You can just right-click him on distance, then hook him and shoot-melee combo and he's dead. Reaper can't even do anything before he's dead. There is no way for reaper to be close enough to pose a threat to roadhog in 1v1, it only happens in team fights if you don't pay attention to him and focus on other characters.

No offense but at 2500 people are really bad at the game. I used to play at that rating when I started out and it hurts to look back at how bad I and others played there. Nobody knows how to play the characters, nobody knows how to position themselves, very few listen to sound cues, they often trickle in and die one or two at a time, they use their ultimates with very bad timing or just use them solo with nothing to back them up, people can't aim. I don't think I ever met any roadhog at that rating who knew how to right-click enemies or hook but at my rating when I play dps @ master/gm I regularly get sniped by a right-click from roadhog on distance and they rarely ever miss vital hooks.
    Oh god, I know. People in this rank have a real issue. It really does suck being here. It's really fun especially when you have 3 people chasing you across the map leaving your team in an advantageous 5 v 3 and they still can't seem to find any opening.

But you're acting like Reaper doesn't have any abilities of his own. He can shadowstep himself to close the distance, he can Wraith Form precarious positions, including dodging the hook if he'd really like. Then we look at the straight damage. Let's do the math.

Like, if we consider them both aboslute gods where every single pellet hits than Roadhog will win 1 v 1, but the fact is Reaper is smaller and the spread even close up isn't going to have every bit hit him always. This makes a HUGE difference since there's so much for Reaper spread to hit it's much more likely for Reaper to hit more of Roadhog.

Like, even mathematically, it becomes very close if we do do the perfect scneario shots where every Roadhog shot hits for 150, every Reaper shot hits for 140. And for that theory it gives a lot more leeway to Roadhog than Reaper due to, as I said just area to shoot.

Because if you don't have 2 shields, they'll just get other characters which will fuck you up because they can burst the one shield down and slaughter you before you can do anything because they're running 2 shields themselves. Roadhog is great against several characters but he just doesn't cut it in this meta because if you pick him, you're missing one shield and there's a lot of dps that can do damage outside his effective range, behind the enemy shields.
    Great. Then why did they still run reaper before Sigma came out and the tanks played were Orisa/Hog with the occasional Orisa/D.Va?

Like, are people forgetting that before Sigma came out, Hog WAS meta and Reaper was STILL played.

Great. Then why did they still run reaper before Sigma came out and the tanks played were Orisa/Hog with the occasional Orisa/D.Va?

Like, are people forgetting that before Sigma came out, Hog WAS meta and Reaper was STILL played.
    Orisa/hog? Orisa/dva What? Pretty much every game was goats until role queue. That is Dva, Zarya and Rein btw as the tanks. Role queue was a way to break the goats meta.

But you're acting like Reaper doesn't have any abilities of his own. He can shadowstep himself to close the distance, he can Wraith Form precarious positions, including dodging the hook if he'd really like. Then we look at the straight damage. Let's do the math.
    Why would you shadowstep in 1v1 vs roadhog to close the distance? You're just asking to be right-click headshot if you do that. No good roadhog is going to hook into wraith.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2019-09-13 at 01:54 AM.

Orisa/hog? Orisa/dva What? Pretty much every game was goats until role queue. That is Dva, Zarya and Rein btw as the tanks. Role queue was a way to break the goats meta.
    Yeah, and after Role Queue before Sigma was out, they played Orisa/Hog and Orisa/D.Va. Go look up pretty much any match in Stage 4. You've got Orisa with either Hog/D.Va as your tanks, and most of the time your DPS will either be Reaper/Mei or Hanzo/Widowmaker.

Do you even watch?

Yeah, and after Role Queue before Sigma was out, they played Orisa/Hog and Orisa/D.Va. Go look up pretty much any match in Stage 4. You've got Orisa with either Hog/D.Va as your tanks, and most of the time your DPS will either be Reaper/Mei or Hanzo/Widowmaker.

Do you even watch?
    Sigma was released with the role queue.

Sigma was released with the role queue.
    But he wasn't available for competitive play. They don't immediately let you play him. And he wasn't allowed in OWL with the pros. Where they chose instead to play Orisa with Hog/D.Va. Where despite supposedly opening up a bunch of heros and "countering" Reaper we see Reaper continues to be played and is an obscene threat. Literally go to https://overwatchleague.com/en-us/schedule go to Stage 4 and watch any of the games.

But he wasn't available for competitive play. They don't immediately let you play him. And he wasn't allowed in OWL with the pros. Where they chose instead to play Orisa with Hog/D.Va. Where despite supposedly opening up a bunch of heros and "countering" Reaper we see Reaper continues to be played and is an obscene threat. Literally go to https://overwatchleague.com/en-us/schedule go to Stage 4 and watch any of the games.
    Yes, he was.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/466925870?t=40m10s

That's a sigma shield there. With orisa.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2019-09-13 at 02:13 AM.

Yes, he was.
    No. He wasn't. Like I'm starting to think you just grabbed that SR ranking out of your ass.

He wasn't available in OWL. They literally could not play him. So they played Orisa with Hog/D.Va instead.

No. He wasn't. Like I'm starting to think you just grabbed that SR ranking out of your ass.

He was available for Season 18. September 1st.

Role Queue started at the end of Season 17. On August 13th. Stage 4 lasted from July to August 25th. You literally could not play Sigma. They literally could not play Sigma.
    No, he was available before that and I literally linked you a clip of Sigma being in comp before 1st of september: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/466925870?t=40m10s

That's a Sigma. In comp. Before 1st of September.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/ov...in-comp/385577
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/ov...in-comp/385551
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/ov...in-comp/386162
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/ov...etitive/385746

That's peoples reactions to him being in comp. He was there from the start.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2019-09-13 at 02:21 AM.

No, he was available before that and I literally linked you a clip of Sigma being in comp before 1st of september.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/ov...in-comp/385577

That's peoples reactions to him being in comp. He was there from the start.
    You know, you're right about that. I let you shift my goal posts. Go watch Stage 4. Sigma wasn't out for them. They played Orisa with either Hog or D.Va. And Reaper was still seeing play. And that was my whole point at the beginning anyway. Showing that despite supposedly "countering Reaper" and "opening up tons of other heroes" Reaper was still the hero of choice against a Roadhog.
    Last edited by DotEleven; 2019-09-13 at 02:22 AM.