Not the same place, but i was placed from 3700 Master in low diamond. Maybe because there are 3 different ranks idk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nubzaii313 View Post
    Not the same place, but i was placed from 3700 Master in low diamond. Maybe because there are 3 different ranks idk.
    Could be a case of Rank decay. IIRC, at that rank, if you don't keep on it, you will gradually lose your place there if you take any longer
    than a week of activity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I don't fully understand how the rankings work. At season 17, I was around 3k rating, and I mostly had played Support to maintain low diamond.

However, when season 18 came around, after doing placements, and winning between 3-4 games in each category, it placed me at around 3k for Tank and DPS but 2500 for Support, so basically a whole rank lower even tho it's the category I consider myself by far best with. So it's really strange :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Flashbang needs to have its properties nerfed a bit.

You should NOT be able to flash a Rein or a Brigette with it. Like they don't have enough counters and problems already.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Flashbang needs to have its properties nerfed a bit.

You should NOT be able to flash a Rein or a Brigette with it. Like they don't have enough counters and problems already.
    Of all the problems those two have, a flashbang is probably the least of their worries.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

No clue how I play Moira, who is my main Support, and gain 11 SR on a win with 4 golds, 1 silver, 25 elims, 3 deaths, but then I play Baptiste who I am absolutely terrible with and mainly focus on Fields and gain 40. Not only that, I played Ana 1st 2 rounds and Baptiste last 2. Ended with highest deaths of my team, Silver healing, and little elim play.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    No clue how I play Moira, who is my main Support, and gain 11 SR on a win with 4 golds, 1 silver, 25 elims, 3 deaths, but then I play Baptiste who I am absolutely terrible with and mainly focus on Fields and gain 40. Not only that, I played Ana 1st 2 rounds and Baptiste last 2. Ended with highest deaths of my team, Silver healing, and little elim play.
    Because you're playing her wrong/bad compared to Baptiste.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Because you're playing her wrong/bad compared to Baptiste.
    Yet with Baptiste I play like shit and score higher? With literally 1-3k healing over 2 rounds and a lot more deaths? Yeah, I played him great.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2019-10-13 at 03:01 AM.

Yet with Baptiste I play like shit and score higher? With literally 1-3k healing over 2 rounds and a lot more deaths? Yeah, I played him great.
    I only ever got low amount of points when I played badly/wrong when I was lower rated. I don't think they've changed this since then.

I only ever got low amount of points when I played badly/wrong when I was lower rated. I don't think they've changed this since then.
    While I agree, I still don’t see how leaving a game with 4 gold medals and silver in damage while having a few deaths and low team deaths grants approx 20 points while having low healing, high deaths, low elim participation, and very poor play with sleep darts and immortality fields grants around 40.
    It’s things like this that makes me want to play a character I’m terrible with because I can climb more playing badly than the playing well on one I can use.

While I agree, I still don’t see how leaving a game with 4 gold medals and silver in damage while having a few deaths and low team deaths grants approx 20 points while having low healing, high deaths, low elim participation, and very poor play with sleep darts and immortality fields grants around 40.
    It’s things like this that makes me want to play a character I’m terrible with because I can climb more playing badly than the playing well on one I can use.
    4 gold medals doesn't really mean much though. What was the healing done? Coalesce healing? What was the other stats? That's what matters. Seeing as you say you had silver damage, it makes me think you were trying to play DPS moira and then you're surprised when you don't get rewarded for playing as Moira should be played.

4 gold medals doesn't really mean much though. What was the healing done? Coalesce healing? What was the other stats? That's what matters. Seeing as you say you had silver damage, it makes me think you were trying to play DPS moira and then you're surprised when you don't get rewarded for playing as Moira should be played.
    Healing done was something like 10-12k. Damage was at around 4-6k. Our team took very little damage overall during coalescence, but it was used to heal more than damage.
    How does playing Moira as damage when healing is being covered by the same Moira as well as the other Support at times when healing is not necessary translate to playing her wrong? Moira’s kit is designed for healing and damage, not 1 or the other. Now it seems like you’re trying to say to only play support even at times when it’s not needed.

Quick edit: I am in no way trying to say I am some amazing player and I deserve Masters or anything higher than where I am. It’s simply that with Moira I have games where I score really low SR while winning and playing well vs a game where I played Ana and Baptiste terribly and gained much higher.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2019-10-13 at 05:54 AM.

Healing done was something like 10-12k.
    Uh, over a game? That's quite low with Moira unless it's a game where one side gets so rolled over so hard that the match doesn't last long at all. Would explain why you're gaining so little. Most moiras would be at 20-30k over a game, your performance is measured against other players. I often go above or is near 30k when I'm playing support and pick Moira. A lot of that healing comes from coalesce with gravs or other enemy ultis, can go up towards 4-5k in 1 or 2 coalesce.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2019-10-13 at 06:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's not dps so bad they can't even hit a wall (or counterplay worth a fuck, jesus christ, the incompetent fuckwits
    who can't counterplay), it's bad healers.

Had one especially toxic healer who would not shut the hell up and be toxic. Only thing I did wrong was not
    mute him sooner. But Jesus Christ, what an asshole. Been a long time since I met one of "those" types, you
    know the ones. Not the regularly toxic, but the one's that are unrelentingly so.

Nothing more fun than being in an ELO Hell that depends on the skill of your teammates, which continue to
    fuck you over thanks to Blizzard's brain dead MM system.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2019-10-14 at 03:33 AM.

Started climbing again after picking up Doomfist, back into high plat games after tanking my SR since one-tricking Doom with only 2-hours played is a very bad idea if you're a tank main.

I have a new respect for aggressive tanks making my plays more impactful and plat Anas who can consistently sleep me mid-combo, I'm not necessarily calling smurf but I played Ana up to 2950 or so and I can't do that for shit - maybe the shifting meta causes mid-tier support mains to have a slightly different skill set than I'm used to, who knows?

I'm really appreciating it when red team swaps to a Sombra to counter me when I'm causing them issues, she probably needs a bit of a buff but between her hack time and her squishiness I don't think I've ever encountered a Sombra that hasn't been a throw pick for the enemy so far. If you wanna shut down a Doomfist (at least in plat) I'm finding Orisa to be the biggest pain if she saves her halt for me, Cree only if he's positioned well and saving flashbang and otherwise the aforementioned Anas landing nutty sleeps forcing me to play way more passively than I'd like to.

Every night I dream of an Overwatch without black puncher man

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Every night I dream of an Overwatch without black puncher man
    I mean, stick to what’s strong at the time. I hate him too, but he’s a great pick for the current setups a lot of people try to run. I can’t really blame damage players if they want to use him. That said, it’s highly aggravating when I have a lot of games that embody the “ours vs theirs” YouTube clips.

Ok, I'm so done with the game. The past few days I've ended against the same person several times, aimbotter. He's not getting banned despite obviously aimbotting. Do they even care about the game?

Ok, I'm so done with the game. The past few days I've ended against the same person several times, aimbotter. He's not getting banned despite obviously aimbotting. Do they even care about the game?
    They cant really ban anyone these days, the game is bleeding players so badly that there's basically nothing you can do to get banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    They cant really ban anyone these days, the game is bleeding players so badly that there's basically nothing you can do to get banned.
    Microtransaction bullshit everywhere -> Brig -> 2/2/2 -> Supporting China

They deserve to fail.
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-10-19 at 07:37 PM.