1. #10641
    No clue how I play Moira, who is my main Support, and gain 11 SR on a win with 4 golds, 1 silver, 25 elims, 3 deaths, but then I play Baptiste who I am absolutely terrible with and mainly focus on Fields and gain 40. Not only that, I played Ana 1st 2 rounds and Baptiste last 2. Ended with highest deaths of my team, Silver healing, and little elim play.

  2. #10642
    Elemental Lord Freighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Daegu, South Korea
    Posts
    8,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    No clue how I play Moira, who is my main Support, and gain 11 SR on a win with 4 golds, 1 silver, 25 elims, 3 deaths, but then I play Baptiste who I am absolutely terrible with and mainly focus on Fields and gain 40. Not only that, I played Ana 1st 2 rounds and Baptiste last 2. Ended with highest deaths of my team, Silver healing, and little elim play.
    Because you're playing her wrong/bad compared to Baptiste.

  3. #10643
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Because you're playing her wrong/bad compared to Baptiste.
    Yet with Baptiste I play like shit and score higher? With literally 1-3k healing over 2 rounds and a lot more deaths? Yeah, I played him great.
    Last edited by Eapoe; Yesterday at 03:01 AM.

  4. #10644
    Elemental Lord Freighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Daegu, South Korea
    Posts
    8,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Yet with Baptiste I play like shit and score higher? With literally 1-3k healing over 2 rounds and a lot more deaths? Yeah, I played him great.
    I only ever got low amount of points when I played badly/wrong when I was lower rated. I don't think they've changed this since then.

  5. #10645
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I only ever got low amount of points when I played badly/wrong when I was lower rated. I don't think they've changed this since then.
    While I agree, I still don’t see how leaving a game with 4 gold medals and silver in damage while having a few deaths and low team deaths grants approx 20 points while having low healing, high deaths, low elim participation, and very poor play with sleep darts and immortality fields grants around 40.
    It’s things like this that makes me want to play a character I’m terrible with because I can climb more playing badly than the playing well on one I can use.

  6. #10646
    Elemental Lord Freighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Daegu, South Korea
    Posts
    8,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    While I agree, I still don’t see how leaving a game with 4 gold medals and silver in damage while having a few deaths and low team deaths grants approx 20 points while having low healing, high deaths, low elim participation, and very poor play with sleep darts and immortality fields grants around 40.
    It’s things like this that makes me want to play a character I’m terrible with because I can climb more playing badly than the playing well on one I can use.
    4 gold medals doesn't really mean much though. What was the healing done? Coalesce healing? What was the other stats? That's what matters. Seeing as you say you had silver damage, it makes me think you were trying to play DPS moira and then you're surprised when you don't get rewarded for playing as Moira should be played.

  7. #10647
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    4 gold medals doesn't really mean much though. What was the healing done? Coalesce healing? What was the other stats? That's what matters. Seeing as you say you had silver damage, it makes me think you were trying to play DPS moira and then you're surprised when you don't get rewarded for playing as Moira should be played.
    Healing done was something like 10-12k. Damage was at around 4-6k. Our team took very little damage overall during coalescence, but it was used to heal more than damage.
    How does playing Moira as damage when healing is being covered by the same Moira as well as the other Support at times when healing is not necessary translate to playing her wrong? Moira’s kit is designed for healing and damage, not 1 or the other. Now it seems like you’re trying to say to only play support even at times when it’s not needed.

    Quick edit: I am in no way trying to say I am some amazing player and I deserve Masters or anything higher than where I am. It’s simply that with Moira I have games where I score really low SR while winning and playing well vs a game where I played Ana and Baptiste terribly and gained much higher.
    Last edited by Eapoe; Yesterday at 05:54 AM.

  8. #10648
    Elemental Lord Freighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Daegu, South Korea
    Posts
    8,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Healing done was something like 10-12k.
    Uh, over a game? That's quite low with Moira unless it's a game where one side gets so rolled over so hard that the match doesn't last long at all. Would explain why you're gaining so little. Most moiras would be at 20-30k over a game, your performance is measured against other players. I often go above or is near 30k when I'm playing support and pick Moira. A lot of that healing comes from coalesce with gravs or other enemy ultis, can go up towards 4-5k in 1 or 2 coalesce.
    Last edited by Freighter; Yesterday at 06:15 AM.

  9. #10649
    If it's not dps so bad they can't even hit a wall (or counterplay worth a fuck, jesus christ, the incompetent fuckwits
    who can't counterplay), it's bad healers.

    Had one especially toxic healer who would not shut the hell up and be toxic. Only thing I did wrong was not
    mute him sooner. But Jesus Christ, what an asshole. Been a long time since I met one of "those" types, you
    know the ones. Not the regularly toxic, but the one's that are unrelentingly so.

    Nothing more fun than being in an ELO Hell that depends on the skill of your teammates, which continue to
    fuck you over thanks to Blizzard's brain dead MM system.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; Today at 03:33 AM.

  10. #10650
    Started climbing again after picking up Doomfist, back into high plat games after tanking my SR since one-tricking Doom with only 2-hours played is a very bad idea if you're a tank main.

    I have a new respect for aggressive tanks making my plays more impactful and plat Anas who can consistently sleep me mid-combo, I'm not necessarily calling smurf but I played Ana up to 2950 or so and I can't do that for shit - maybe the shifting meta causes mid-tier support mains to have a slightly different skill set than I'm used to, who knows?

    I'm really appreciating it when red team swaps to a Sombra to counter me when I'm causing them issues, she probably needs a bit of a buff but between her hack time and her squishiness I don't think I've ever encountered a Sombra that hasn't been a throw pick for the enemy so far. If you wanna shut down a Doomfist (at least in plat) I'm finding Orisa to be the biggest pain if she saves her halt for me, Cree only if he's positioned well and saving flashbang and otherwise the aforementioned Anas landing nutty sleeps forcing me to play way more passively than I'd like to.

  11. #10651
    Every night I dream of an Overwatch without black puncher man

  12. #10652
    Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Every night I dream of an Overwatch without black puncher man
    I mean, stick to what’s strong at the time. I hate him too, but he’s a great pick for the current setups a lot of people try to run. I can’t really blame damage players if they want to use him. That said, it’s highly aggravating when I have a lot of games that embody the “ours vs theirs” YouTube clips.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •