10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty fucking impossible to climb as a solo tank or healer main.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    You should get it out of your head that this game is about climbing.

Most people can't, shouldn't, won't.

To climb you have to be relatively exceptional to your SR and SR sticks you were you are average.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    Considering the fact that people can and have done so, it is possible.

But if you're a solo Support or Tank, it's impossible with the current iteration of the MM system.

Considering the fact that people can and have done so, it is possible.

But if you're a solo Support or Tank, it's impossible with the current iteration of the MM system.
    Tank is the easiest thing to climb on, you're smoking bad kush. Tank is the most influential part of a team in forced 2/2/2.

You have a point somewhere about healers being the least influential part of a team in the current design of the game, but that has less to do with matchmaking and more to do with how healers behave in forced 2/2/2 and other current aspects of the meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tank is the easiest thing to climb on, you're smoking bad kush. Tank is the most influential part of a team in forced 2/2/2.
    Nah, the one on Kush is you. Dps is the most influential. You can be a good tank and healer but they
    aren't tailor made to kill. Just damage mitigation and keeping the team alive. The dps are designed
    to push victories, and if you have dps so bad that they can't even aim down to hit the floor, or can't
    counter play worth a damn, you're straight fucked.

Healers aren't the least influential, I'd argue that tanks are.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2019-10-21 at 12:27 AM.

I've climbed ~1700 SR this season as solo healer

Instead of being so obstinate and argumentative you could use the information better players spoon feed you.

Everything you say is an excuse, maybe others were right and you're just a troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of being so obstinate and argumentative you could use the information better players spoon feed you.
    I never asked for advice, for one thing. Secondly, no one's been spoon feeding anyone anything, so again,
    get off the kosh. As far as being argumentative goes, last I checked, you're one of the two people here
    that constantly use passive aggressive insults to the other posters you disagree with (and get away with,
    cause mods don't do their job on here). So don't pretend to be a constructive outsider, you're anything
    but that.

Everything you say is an excuse, maybe others were right and you're just a troll.
    Since again, you're quick to start flaming, that makes you leagues ahead of me in being a troll. As for
    excuses go, for me, they're pretty legitimate gripes. Since you aren't, you'll forgive me if I don't give
    a damn if they aren't good enough for you.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    I've climbed ~1700 SR this season as solo healer
    Alone? That's pretty lucky.

This fucking game just can't help shitting itself if you try to change hero while respawning. Trying to swap to lucio on OT and I just get kicked out of BNet for 2 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try reporting it to Blizzard. Could be a bug, and if they look into it, you might get your SR back.

Pretty fucking impossible for me to climb as a solo tank or healer main.
    ftfy /10char

15+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

Most people can't, shouldn't, won't.

To climb you have to be relatively exceptional to your SR and SR sticks you were you are average.
    Exactly. This is what bothers me so much about people who bitch and complain about their teams in comp. The system isn't designed so that people climb, it's designed to create fair matches of people with equivalent skill. something everyone forgets for some stupid ass reason. Or because they have delusions of grandeur, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Exactly. This is what bothers me so much about people who bitch and complain about their teams in comp. The system isn't designed so that people climb, it's designed to create fair matches of people with equivalent skill. something everyone forgets for some stupid ass reason. Or because they have delusions of grandeur, whatever.
    Certain people also just like to decide that they aren't the reason for lack of ability to climb. It's easier to say it's your teams fault rather than applying some level of introspection and realising "oh, that game my positioning was trash", or "I died here because I'm retarded and tried to duel <insert hero who wins the 1v1 against your hero>". Which are examples of things people would tell themselves if they were serious about improving their play and trying to increase their SR.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

The system isn't designed to create fair matches of people with equivalent skill either. I've had silver players appear in my games and I'm playing at diamond.

The worst I've seen is when my friend was going to do his placements this season and he was matched with 2 silvers. His rating after placements? 3720. He's also had gold players in games filled with master players.
    Last edited by Miracle Mira; 2019-10-21 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miracle Mira View Post
    The system isn't designed to create fair matches of people with equivalent skill either. I've had silver players appear in my games and I'm playing at diamond.

The worst I've seen is when my friend was going to do his placements this season and he was matched with 2 silvers. His rating after placements? 3720. He's also had gold players in games filled with master players.
    The system isn't perfect, and it can match you with lesser / better skilled opponents / allies because - shocker, you'd be waiting a very long time otherwise. It tries to match you up with similar skilled individuals though, and you'll never see yourself matched up with pretty bad allies or opponents most of the time. Don't believe me? Go play arcade, or better yet - go play Team Fortress 2 casual and you'll see how no MMR actually plays like.

Hint: You're actually playing with an MMR system that encourages fair games but also prioritizes climbing / leniency for semi-reliable match making.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    The system isn't perfect, and it can match you with lesser / better skilled opponents / allies because - shocker, you'd be waiting a very long time otherwise. It tries to match you up with similar skilled individuals though, and you'll never see yourself matched up with pretty bad allies or opponents most of the time. Don't believe me? Go play arcade, or better yet - go play Team Fortress 2 casual and you'll see how no MMR actually plays like.

Hint: You're actually playing with an MMR system that encourages fair games but also prioritizes climbing / leniency for semi-reliable match making.
    That's a lie. I get people who seem to be braindamaged when I queue as DPS. Tanks that are like 600-700 lower than me in rating. It pisses me off, I can't play as DPS any more unless I queue with friends because of the amount of braindamaged tanks. They don't know how to press W, just stand at the choke. I'm at 3037 as dps and 3012 as tank, I can instantly tell they have no clue what they're doing. I sit in queue 8-20 minutes, it's even higher chance of it happening when I get into a game after 20 minutes. It's always some gold tanks on my team then.

So many who are at a rating they shouldn't be because Blizzard lied about tracking performance. I have a one-trick account that I placed every role in now, the support after placements on it despite having never played support on that account, ever, ended up at 3100 rating. My one-trick character ended up at 3050 roughly. How can my support be at 3100 when I never played support on the account? They must just have picked the general rating you have and applied it across the roles rather than tracking performance over the seasons as they claimed they have done, that's the only thing that makes sense. For the record, my main account placed at 2300 as support.
    Last edited by Miracle Mira; 2019-10-21 at 12:17 PM.

That's a lie. I get people who seem to be braindamaged when I queue as DPS. Tanks that are like 600-700 lower than me in rating. It pisses me off, I can't play as DPS any more unless I queue with friends because of the amount of braindamaged tanks. They don't know how to press W, just stand at the choke. I'm at 3037 as dps and 3012 as tank, I can instantly tell they have no clue what they're doing. I sit in queue 8-20 minutes, it's even higher chance of it happening when I get into a game after 20 minutes. It's always some gold tanks on my team then.

So many who are at a rating they shouldn't be because Blizzard lied about tracking performance. I have a one-trick account that I placed every role in now, the support after placements on it despite having never played support on that account, ever, ended up at 3100 rating. My one-trick character ended up at 3050 roughly. How can my support be at 3100 when I never played support on the account? They must just have picked the general rating you have and applied it across the roles rather than tracking performance over the seasons as they claimed they have done, that's the only thing that makes sense. For the record, my main account placed at 2300 as support.
    You're learning what MMR is and what it does, congratulations. You're going to get people who aren't deserving of their ranks because they're getting consistently carried by everyone else to stay at that rank. Just because you're getting carried to a certain rank by performing a role doesn't mean you're good at it, just sufficient. This happens in any game of any kind, especially those that offer roles to play.

Consistency > Flashy skill. There are Top 500 aim skill DPS in Diamond / Platinum, but why? Because their game sense fucking sucks, and while they're a god tier Widow they can't understand why Doomfist or Winston keeps destroying them... OR why staying on Widow isn't always a good idea. MMR helps create balance between players, but it can't read in between the lines very well.

But you, as a player, can. That's why you see dumpster-tier players in your queue, not because they aren't deserving of it -- because clearly, they've enabled games or been in enough winning games that they stay at those ranks. Sure, at the start of a season like this one where your roles are all basically the same rating (This is preferable to resetting it), it'll even out as more seasons go on and people get fluctuating MMR. Especially when it degrades in the roles they don't play very often.

Also: Platinum and Diamond, especially Platinum isn't anything special. Platinum is where players start to grasp the games concepts well or becoming skilled at their character(s) of choice. Diamond tends have people with better game sense and skill on their character, but this is where hard locked players tend to be because they don't learn from their mistakes. Master and upwards of Grandmaster is where a lot of people start to grasp both (obviously). This isn't anything new by the way, this is just how games work - when you master both game sense and the skills of aiming and whatever else it has, with team play (of course), you get up to those ranks.

And let me also mention that some of this is totally fudged by hero balance, in whatever game. You can have mediocre players in Masters because they play a hero who is exceptionally easy to play, stupidly broken, and they are just somewhat good at team play and game sense. Or they play the role that is the most braindead, and just exists and because they exist - the comp works even better.
    Last edited by PenguinChan; 2019-10-21 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    You're learning what MMR is and what it does, congratulations. You're going to get people who aren't deserving of their ranks because they're getting consistently carried by everyone else to stay at that rank. Just because you're getting carried to a certain rank by performing a role doesn't mean you're good at it, just sufficient. This happens in any game of any kind, especially those that offer roles to play.

Consistency > Flashy skill. There are Top 500 aim skill DPS in Diamond / Platinum, but why? Because their game sense fucking sucks, and while they're a god tier Widow they can't understand why Doomfist or Winston keeps destroying them... OR why staying on Widow isn't always a good idea. MMR helps create balance between players, but it can't read in between the lines very well.

But you, as a player, can. That's why you see dumpster-tier players in your queue, not because they aren't deserving of it -- because clearly, they've enabled games or been in enough winning games that they stay at those ranks. Sure, at the start of a season like this one where your roles are all basically the same rating (This is preferable to resetting it), it'll even out as more seasons go on and people get fluctuating MMR. Especially when it degrades in the roles they don't play very often.
    You're just admitting the system isn't working and is not giving you games against/with people of equal skill. I'm done.

You're just admitting the system isn't working and is not giving you games against/with people of equal skill. I'm done.
    Yes, I'm admitting it isn't perfect and you just have to accept that. There isn't some miraculous AI that is going to learn the game and determine that a person is deserving of their exact ranking. Were not even close to that type of system, and even if we were you'd still end up with players like this because of the reasons I mentioned.

Today its good. Total mayhem is up on arcade! So constant rein & CHARGE, or Roadhog & HOOK! Record so far today is 22 hooked off edge.