10+ Year Old Account
    Is the matchmaking system still sabotaging me by putting me with useless dps players?

Yep. I love struggling to get at the rank I should be in, and having bad players who are
    bad at their roles pretty much fucking me every step of the way.

Truly, this is a fair system.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2020-05-24 at 06:19 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, i recently came back to the game and did my placements.

And yep, people are still as moronic as usual:

People overextending left and right
    Diving in without back-up then complain "WHy MeRCy nO hEAl!ß!?!?1ß1!?"
    When clearly someone specific on the enemy team is causing us to get fucked over no one tries to counter them
    Everyone is insanely stubborn about their picks
    Getting completely ignored by your healers even tho you are RIGHT NEXT TO THEM AND ARE PINGING FOR HEALS LIKE A MADMAN
    People keep rushing in and getting picked off one by one then complain that nobody does anything

Now i remember why i stopped playing comp early on...
    Got placed low-low gold on both damage and healing, which makes sense for my current skill-lvl as i just picked the game back up.

Thing is, i'm a healer main and i can't see myself climbing any higher with solo queuing which is quite frustrating as i don't have anyone else to play with.

Edit: Did i say low gold? oh haha nvm.
    I'm now 12 points into silver because someone decided it was a good idea to leave a winnable game.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2020-05-24 at 10:14 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    So, i recently came back to the game and did my placements.

And yep, people are still as moronic as usual:

People overextending left and right
    Diving in without back-up then complain "WHy MeRCy nO hEAl!ß!?!?1ß1!?"
    When clearly someone specific on the enemy team is causing us to get fucked over no one tries to counter them
    Everyone is insanely stubborn about their picks
    Getting completely ignored by your healers even tho you are RIGHT NEXT TO THEM AND ARE PINGING FOR HEALS LIKE A MADMAN
    People keep rushing in and getting picked off one by one then complain that nobody does anything

Now i remember why i stopped playing comp early on...
    Got placed low-low gold on both damage and healing, which makes sense for my current skill-lvl as i just picked the game back up.

Thing is, i'm a healer main and i can't see myself climbing any higher with solo queuing which is quite frustrating as i don't have anyone else to play with.

Edit: Did i say low gold? oh haha nvm.
    I'm now 12 points into silver because someone decided it was a good idea to leave a winnable game.
    Just a few counter points to think about:
    During the overextending, did your team have the advantage? Was it a 6v3 after having just taken out some people? I’ve had people in my games complain we overextended just to be proven their complaints were invalid as we took advantage of the enemy having staggered spawns and not playing grouped.
    When your teammate dived people how many were there? A Winston diving into, say, a Sym and McCree combo (just an example) with a Mercy assisting him are going to come out the winners, yet he/she will probably die if alone.
    Who on the enemy team is countering who? I’ve had games where people complain there is a Widow single handedly holding our entire team off while I play Support and I’m noticing it’s in fact the fully charged Zarya sitting in their faces destroying their health while Widow just gets the killing blow on a body shot.
    People being stubborn is a real issue, but at the same time can be combated by just changing yourself up. I’ve had games where our Support blame everyone on the team for not helping them with the Winston diving them when all they have to do is swap to a different support role. I’ve had tanks complain about snipers when one, or even both, could swap to a dive tank to help chase her off, where I then offer to go Ana or Bap as long as Rein keeps his shield up for me to shoot at her.
    Sometimes your healers are healing other people. I’m not saying always, but I’ve had Tracers, Genjis, Reapers, and all the others spam and yell at me for not healing them while I’m in the middle of spamming the ever loving shit out of my Rein and other teammates engaged with the enemy, all the while a health pack sits less than a 5-10 second run away (one of my personal favorite scenarios since people always seem to forget those exist).
    Rushing in 1 at a time does happen, and unfortunately doesn’t seem to stop no matter how much you type it out or say something in voice comms.

A lot of the problems you explained can be assisted thru some simple communication. Others can be solved simply by changing yourself up. As selfish as it sounds, most progress is made by just doing what’s best for you. Most problems you are having can also be solved by you. If your team is suffering, you can try to swap to help them, or you can be just as stubborn and stay what you’re doing while telling them to change (my latest policy).

10+ Year Old Account
    Havent played a dps/offesnive hero in so long, since grouping system the fastest way to play is queuing for tank, even healers takers ages. If I feel like playing a dps hero be prepared for a 10 - 15 minute wait per game. then on the odd chances I get to join I join in the last 20 seconds of a losing game because someone one pulled out only to then have to wait for another game

Although I have gotten really good at some tank heroes now. :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-05-26 at 08:43 PM.

ELO hell is real

you cannot climb when you lead your team to water and they keep taking a dump in it
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    ELO hell is real

you cannot climb when you lead your team to water and they keep taking a dump in it
    Truer words were never spoken.

Trying to rank up my Support, and it's been the equivalent of punching through a concrete wall with
    nothing but your bare fists. If it's not some extremely toxic players, it's also incompetent dps players
    who consistently lose the "Shoot Pharah Game", with the odd thrower mixed in. Literally trapped in
    the undeserved rank I'm in because of other people.

Fun game.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2020-06-05 at 09:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indara View Post
    Then how come I'm able to rank up?
    The luck of the Matchmaker RNG draw.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I believe RNG plays into it, but it’s not the only thing holding someone back. I climb and fall pretty regularly, but I seem to hold between 2480-2740 range pretty easily. The only time I fall way below that is if I get so triggered I just play “my way” and don’t help the team while I just go “no, fuck you. I’m not happy and I’m going to stick to Zenyatta against a Widow, Doomfist, Winston, Brit, or any other counter, or combo counter the team might have!”
    When I say I believe the RNG exists, I mean I feel like when you reach a point where you are climbing past what the game’s algorithm has you placed at, you have a higher chance of being placed with a team of players on the downward trend. Conspiracy theory that to keep you at your skill level the game assisgns you to people that have had a recent trend of losing SR in an attempt to get you where you should be. If you drop too far, you start seeing better people on your team. Once you are where you “should be” (obvious quotation marks), the game starts giving more balanced RNG in yours and your opponents teams. If you play your characters well, then the algorithm starts placing you higher.
    That stated, it’s all tinfoil hat on my part, but I don’t believe that RNG is the only thing holding people back.

5+ Year Old Account
    the sr is not rng based... i am consistently diamond every season... i place close to or in diamond on my new accounts...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    the sr is not rng based
    Correct, it's the match making system that is.

All my matches go either one of two ways.

1. We steam roll the other team making the win feel not as earned

2. We get steamed roll to the point where the team just says to let the team win to get the game over with.

I guess I'm right on the line of the next rank group? and I'm going back and forth?

Quote Originally Posted by music49 View Post
    All my matches go either one of two ways.

1. We steam roll the other team making the win feel not as earned

2. We get steamed roll to the point where the team just says to let the team win to get the game over with.

I guess I'm right on the line of the next rank group? and I'm going back and forth?
    Idk, I feel that is the case in most FPS games where people have had long enough to get pretty decent at the game and there aren't many upsetting factors. CS:GO, Overwatch, starting to see it in Valorant. Matches where the team are evenly matched are pretty rare. It happens more often in games like LoL, because the sheer number of combinations of champions and imperfect persistent information make it hard to steamroll unless the skill gaps are enormous.

Correct, it's the match making system that is.
    Matchmaking is not RNG. They've said so themselves, they just havent said how they've tuned it.

It's clear that you get winstreak and losestreaks in this game. When you get your losestreak you keep getting grouped teams and smurfs etc. Sure you could still win, but they stack the odds against you (like having your dps be support mains playing their 5 necessary placements etc)

So fucking fed up.

Game after game I get premades that bully me if I don't do as they want, and if I defend myself they mass report me, so now I'm silenced and can't chat.
    People that are in groups should only have their group leader being able to send reports.

15+ Year Old Account
    Need some advice, will start playing again on a new acc cos I got stuck on my play-while-being drunk rating

I will do all placement solo.
    As support I've decided Baptise should be fairly easy, maybe some games as Lucio too.
    However, as dps and tank (and Im speaking worst case scenario with idiot picks by most in the team), is it just best to go for personal survivability like Hog, Legs, Reaper then?

The only chars im really good at in dps/tank are: Rein, Orissa, Hog, Junkrat, Mcree, Reaper, Legs.
    What to pick in the placement matches where I noticed ppl actually got some clue is not the issue but I'm unsure on how to taclke "an idiot team".

Any input? Selfsustain, damage/kills and pray for heals or just a middle road of less selfsustain by playing less offensive (as tank that would be hard except with Hog I guess).
    Last edited by Bakis; 2020-07-16 at 02:04 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Literally just had a game where our sniper complained the whole time about the team not making space so they can get kills and never swapped. Have a Genji that died every time he popped Ult. Never got heals as a main tank on every push causing me to run for health packs. At the end of the game I get called dogshit and how I’m the lowest SR of everyone in the group and how they are all smurfs.
    So if everyone on my team is a smurf, tell me how I’m somehow the only dogshit player when we have support not healing people, Genji dying every Ult, and a sniper who (despite saying “I’m actually getting kills”) complaining nonstop how the entire team can’t create space for them to get shots.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2020-07-25 at 11:56 AM.

its the same people that every match instalock hanzo and widow hoping that the rest of the team carry them so they wont need to swap only to then only swap when theres 10 cm left on the payload
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    So once again, the game has been purposely sabotaging my games and keeping
    me trapped in ELO Hell.

Instead of balance, they need to fix this mother fucking shit MM system.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2020-08-13 at 01:54 AM.

Instead of balance, they need to fix this mother fucking shit MM system.
    i second this
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Played on my xbox the last 6 months. More relaxed there than on PC, probably because the communication is bar non.

have ordered a new PC and that will arrive soon, so then im back on PC. Cant wait for the shitshow in my headset again, missed it lol.

But i'll probably stick to the same formula as I have on my xbox;
    Play competetive as heal/tank.
    Mostly play Total Mayhem cause we all know thats the most fun gamemode of all in OW. Especially on maps where you can hook people of edges as Roadhog. I swear, im addicted to it.