Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    No Mans Sky.

Deleted
    I cant remember any really scary game i bought.. because i dont buy scary games.

The biggest disappointment for me was Dragon Age II, tho.

Either Forbidden Siren or Outlast.

does a vault of the warden 13 with a 860 tank count ?

I feel that all of these scary games just simply try to hard. Cheap jumpscares and sudden volume change. Its just too predictable.

The Fatal Frame series is pretty solid on all fronts of horror. Compared to them all the new horror games are just jump scares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amnesia dark descent was pretty scary. Had to stop at one point because I felt like I was going to give myself a heart attack.

funnily enough I don't have problems with scary games if I'm playing with friends but some friends and I played through that silent hill "P.T." and we were all so invested in it. Was so quiet and.. yeah I'd rank it even higher than Amnesia personally. Shame the real game isn't being made.

10+ Year Old Account
    For it's time, FEAR. Creepy as fuck.

Dead Space, until you get over all the goddamn jump scares and can actually predict where they will be. If I can get past the first 15 minutes when I sit down to play it, I can play it for hours because I can guess where everything is. Still a creepy fucking story though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

For me it was the first Silent Hill and Resident evil 2 on the ps1, I was pretty young maybe that was the reason but looking at it today it mostly makes me laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    resident evil 2 when I was 7 in a super market

Magic the Gathering: Online

The price of some of those cards are just down right scary.

With scary or story games I really like to get into them. I'll turn off the lights, down the brightness, and put on the headset. Muh immersion!!!

Outside of the scary games everyone has undoubtedly already mentioned, I really had some atmospherically spooky moments in the Witcher 3. Specifically, the quests A Towerful of Mice (Fyke Isle), La Cage Au Fou (Spotted Wight), and Scenes From a Marriage (Von Everec Estate).

I'm sure there are more but these places really got you to feel the dread and despair left there from what happened, especially when you get prepared like I do. I always felt on edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    but that zombie dog bursting through the window or my first time seeing the hell/night phase with those little demons chasing you were pretty scary for their time.
    Without a doubt, the SCARIEST moment EVER in a videogame!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Magic the Gathering: Online

The price of some of those cards are just down right scary.
    Pfft. THose don't even compare to the paper versions. I have enough of the older more expensive cards that I could sell them and buy a house.

You know, thinking about it, the scariest moment I ever had was when my dad got this ridiculously awesome stereo surround sound powered headphone thing set up, and I played the original Half-Life. Hearing one of those zombies behind me, spinning around and watching it shamble down a hallway with a flickering light, and the most epic SOUND I had ever heard, I damned near shit myself.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2017-01-14 at 02:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

SOMA.

I'm afraid of two things above all else: Heights, and deep water. Until that point the closest thing to that terror was wandering off the edge of Vash'jir and suddenly finding myself in and endless, suffocating dark void with no idea which way was escape.

They captured that fear, distilled and injected it right into my racing heart.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Amnesia and Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs leave you with stains in your brain. This is mostly why.
    You know they say a monster stays scary the less you see of it (the same reason why I find machine for pigs ambiently spooky, but not all that heart-racingly scary), yet no matter how much nonsensical fanart I saw of Mr. Flappyjaw before actually playing the game for myself he's still one scary mofo when he's barreling towards you out of a corridor you could've sworn was clear a minute ago.

Last edited by Powerogue; 2017-01-14 at 04:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.