Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

"GG" - Blowout Loss

Do you feel insulted when the opposing team who just destroyed you and your team types in match chat: "gg" after the match ends?

I had a guy whisper me after I said "gg" after we completely annihilated their team (all the ending portraits to vote on were on our team), and he called me a "faggot" and said "i was a no lifer" and other insults, and ended with "dont say gg after winning nub"

Is this common?

welcome to multiplayer games
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

"GG" means Good Game, if you throw it out every game (or on freewins) then it has no meaning.

people Whispering you to yell at you because of saying GG after a Blowout????? That dude probably just loses a lot. ha ha

I myself, do feel a bit of aggravation when their whole team say's the "GG" after my team just got owned, but it's more because we got owned lol......now if it was close, we tend to have some funny end-game conversations and compliment each other.

but No, never had or have I, ever directly messaged someone just to insult them, regardless of what was said at the end of a game.

But there's plenty of morons and keyboard badasse's out there. ha ha

It's much, much worse when the winning team says "Easy win" in match chat. No matter how close they were to losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It's much, much worse when the winning team says "Easy win" in match chat. No matter how close they were to losing.
    You know what's best when they claim their last second Victory was an "Easy Win" though???? Is when your team gets PoG and get's all of the Up Vote Slots.

10+ Year Old Account
    gg is good manners.

ez is what you say to make the other team mad.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    welcome to multiplayer games
    Yup, been like this since the 90s.

There are even rules at events where you're not allowed to say "GG" if you won and your opponent didn't say it first. Like.. To the point where they'll disqualify you from the tournament if you do that.

It's called unsportsmanlike conduct. It's prevalent in real sports and competitive gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    "GG" means Good Game, if you throw it out every game (or on freewins) then it has no meaning.
    Nah, GG is like saying "have a good day" to people you meet randomly throughout the day, and actually couldn't care less about. It's a courtesy thing.

If someone wants to get offended when people say GG at the end of the match, that is their own problem.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Ah, another new game, another person complaining when the enemy says "GG" when it was a stomp.
    The cycle of life continues.

TO me GG is fine - even if you were dominated. It's a much better thing to say "lol l2p noob" or "ez win". GG even if you don't mean it means to the other player you had fun. Usually...

-Grim

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    Except in most games it's considered polite, like a handshake after a sports match.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Grim32 View Post
    TO me GG is fine - even if you were dominated. It's a much better thing to say "lol l2p noob" or "ez win". GG even if you don't mean it means to the other player you had fun. Usually...

-Grim
    Not in the competitive scene. It's a sign of disrespect if you say it when winning.

Just know that when you say that when winning you're being a dick. You might not see it that way, but there are millions of gamers that take offence to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Do you feel insulted when the opposing team who just destroyed you and your team types in match chat: "gg" after the match ends?

I had a guy whisper me after I said "gg" after we completely annihilated their team (all the ending portraits to vote on were on our team), and he called me a "faggot" and said "i was a no lifer" and other insults, and ended with "dont say gg after winning nub"

Is this common?
    To me the people that throw out GG all the time don't actually mean it.

It has a snooty undertone, because the same people don't say GG when they lose.

You say "good game".

I hear/see "LOSER!"

Just enjoy your win and stfu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim32 View Post

-Grim
    I tried using "ez win" in a few of the blowouts our team did to other teams, and I noticed that players are much more hostile when using that than "gg". I had 2-3 players on the other team start claiming we only won because we had 2 lucios 2 tracers, a bastion and a reinhardt in that particular match

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    To me the people that throw out GG all the time don't actually mean it.

It has a snooty undertone, because the same people don't say GG when they lose.

You say "good game".

I hear/see "LOSER!"

Just enjoy your win and stfu.
    To just say "gg" after a match you see "loser"? how do you get that from gg?

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Not in the competitive scene. It's a sign of disrespect if you say it when winning.

Just know that when you say that when winning you're being a dick. You might not see it that way, but there are millions of gamers that take offence to it.
    Yeah, no. The winner saying it before the match is actually won is what's generally considered disrespectful. In most games you don't get enough time to wait for the loser to type it first(and a lot of people don't, which is just as disrespectful as the winner saying it "first"), so waiting for it isn't really an option.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Wow...that is political correctness sucking at a whole new level.
    It's a video game at the top level. Sports teams do the same thing. Except they don't remove the player at first. They just fine them. There's supposed to be at least some professionalism involved in top end sports...

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Nah, GG is like saying "have a good day" to people you meet randomly throughout the day, and actually couldn't care less about. It's a courtesy thing.

If someone wants to get offended when people say GG at the end of the match, that is their own problem.
    ehh, no thats not true at all.

GG = Good Game

proof: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=GG