Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    WTF, who gets upset over GG? I mean I understand if there was more to it like GG ez or GG and there is a insult thrown in. GG is being nice and respectful, even if it is a blowout. People are too sensitive these days.

Deleted
    Personally, I never GG a stomp, because a stomp isn't a 'good game'
    I'll only ever GG a close game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Sore loser as in if you act that way in ANY competitive game, not just Overwatch. Yes my good sportsmanship is genuine. As genuine as it gets. I even give props to teams that try hard but still end up losing. Why be disrespectful? "gg" and "good try" are just good sportsmanship that needs to be encouraged. Getting salty over someone politely saying gg is not proper gamer etiquette.
    There are enough reasonable people in this thread that have acknowledged there are appropriate times and inappropriate times to throw out "GG".

If you accept that there are inappropriate times and you use it during those times, then a reasonable person should be able to see that use might trigger an opponent.

There isn't much more discussion to be had, but its clear you weren't really looking for discussion anyway. What were you were looking for was agreement and acceptance from peers... which really has no place in a forum. If you don't want a dissenting opinion... start a blog.

Bee tee dubs @Jaylock trying to present himself as the authority on respect and etiquette is not only ironic, its laughable. Thanks for the chuckle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you feel insulted when the opposing team who just destroyed you and your team types in match chat: "gg" after the match ends?
    No of course not. Saying GG is the same thing as when opposing teams shake hands etc. after a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    There are enough reasonable people in this thread that have acknowledged there are appropriate times and inappropriate times to throw out "GG".

If you accept that there are inappropriate times and you use it during those times, then a reasonable person should be able to see that use might trigger an opponent.

There isn't much more discussion to be had, but its clear you weren't really looking for discussion anyway. What were you were looking for was agreement and acceptance from peers... which really has no place in a forum. If you don't want a dissenting opinion... start a blog.

Bee tee dubs @Jaylock trying to present himself as the authority on respect and etiquette is not only ironic, its laughable. Thanks for the chuckle.
    And plenty of people have argued that it doesn't matter at what time you throw out GG in a loss or a win. Its a neutral expression of "good game." how can you not see that? If one gets salty over someone saying good game, then thats on them. Thats their own pitiful self getting salty over essentially nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    And plenty of people have argued that it doesn't matter at what time you throw out GG in a loss or a win. Its a neutral expression of "good game." how can you not see that? If one gets salty over someone saying good game, then thats on them. Thats their own pitiful self getting salty over essentially nothing.
    If that is your stance I am not sure why you bothered to create this thread at all.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Not in the competitive scene. It's a sign of disrespect if you say it when winning.

Just know that when you say that when winning you're being a dick. You might not see it that way, but there are millions of gamers that take offence to it.
    Completely untrue. Watch some Starcraft, every game begins with a GLHF and ends with a GG. It's basically saying "you're strat was better than mine/you executed your strat better than me". I have found that in games with toxic communities (LoL, CS, etc.) that they take GG as an insult.

And if you think competitive live sports fine players for shaking hands after the game and saying "Good Game", I don't know what sports you are watching. In most sports, they all go over to shake each others hands, sometimes even hugging. Not everyone just wants to rage after a loss, some prefer to admit they were bested and try to improve in the future.
    \

If you say it to your team, it's a-ok, I'd even encourage it, but saying it in all-chat if you utterly destroy the opponent team, it's rubbing salt in the wound, and probably contributes to some people just becoming more toxic than they may already be, because...salt. And it's unsportsly to be entirely honest, at least I think so...

An all-out victory is not a good game. Saying it is, is just...rude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Table View Post
    Completely untrue. Watch some Starcraft, every game begins with a GLHF and ends with a GG. It's basically saying "your* strat was better than mine/you executed your strat better than me". I have found that in games with toxic communities (LoL, CS, etc.) that they take GG as an insult.

And if you think competitive live sports fine players for shaking hands after the game and saying "Good Game", I don't know what sports you are watching. In most sports, they all go over to shake each others hands, sometimes even hugging. Not everyone just wants to rage after a loss, some prefer to admit they were bested and try to improve in the future.
    If it was a close match, or competitive, i.e. people know what they're doing, then yeah, it's natural to say GG after the game, but in regular non-ranked OW, like it is now, saying GG if you win a landslide victory over the other team is just unsportsly, and more insulting, because it's mostly saying "oh it was so nice to curbstomp you, thanks".

I'll admit I'm not the best at shooty games, and def. not shooty pvp games, but I type GLHF and GG when I think it's time that I do so. If we have a close game and we lose by a hair, I might be a bit salty actually, but it was still a good game, because something they did was obviously better, and it's a learning opportunity.

Losing via deletion isn't any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Table View Post
    Completely untrue. Watch some Starcraft, every game begins with a GLHF and ends with a GG. It's basically saying "you're strat was better than mine/you executed your strat better than me". I have found that in games with toxic communities (LoL, CS, etc.) that they take GG as an insult.

Read the rest of my posts. Not all games have talking. But, the winner saying GG before the loser is looked down on as disrespectful. Go re-watch those starcraft games and tell me who says it first.
    Last edited by urasim; 2016-06-01 at 07:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.