Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Nope, ignored it like everybody else, because if you say something, or 'make a scene', you're suddenly the bitch who can't handle working with the guys. I physically threatened someone once when it happened alone. Every other situation I've seen it, or it's happened to me, it's ignored.
    I love reading r/Thathappened sometimes. Great imagination.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    When they realized they have penises, too.
    I am a Linguistics/History person, I have to say it seems rampant among some majors to just super hate tech. I mean sure, some of its weird but it all seems like such trite high school basic bitch level sniping.

  3. #23
    The Insane Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    17,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    When did the Sociology set suddenly start hating geeky male science and tech guys?
    They realized CS Majors made more money, and decided to Pay Gap that shit.

    So a while back, really.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    When did the Sociology set suddenly start hating geeky male science and tech guys?
    Yep, I'm totally in sociology, because women.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Yep, I'm totally in sociology, because women.
    Like I know you're a woman? Nobody on the internet really has a gender. We are ones and zeroes here.

    But nice try.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Like I know you're a woman? Nobody on the internet really has a gender. We are ones and zeroes here.

    But nice try.
    And you know I'm in sociology too.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    And you know I'm in sociology too.
    I'd assume you are sociology, I don't care what bits you have.

    But then again on the web we can be any major we claim to me, Why I could turn around and say I double majored in super physics and gave birth to neil degrasse tyson after a one night stand with Carl Sagan and a Particle Accelerator.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'd assume you are sociology, I don't care what bits you have.

    But then again on the web we can be any major we claim to me, Why I could turn around and say I double majored in super physics and gave birth to neil degrasse tyson after a one night stand with Carl Sagan and a Particle Accelerator.
    Go on.....

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Yep, I'm totally in sociology, because women.
    And there's totally a legion of nerdy guys touching your butt, because men.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'd assume you are sociology, I don't care what bits you have.

    But then again on the web we can be any major we claim to me, Why I could turn around and say I double majored in super physics and gave birth to neil degrasse tyson after a one night stand with Carl Sagan and a Particle Accelerator.
    I'm a computer scientist. I now work on a hardware integration team for a physical security software company.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I'm a computer scientist. I now work on a hardware integration team for a physical security software company.
    I invented computers....... Also I invented inventing.

    But back to the point, lets put it another way, why does the SocJus set hate geeky people?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dbudd424 View Post
    Go on.....
    I came so hard that the Higgs boson particle became real.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I invented computers....... Also I invented inventing.

    But back to the point, lets put it another way, why does the SocJus set hate geeky people?

    - - - Updated - - -



    I came so hard that the Higgs boson particle became real.
    There's just a lot of geeky guys who don't keep their hands to themselves. There's way more groping, inappropriate touching and comments in IT than anywhere else I've been.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I invented computers....... Also I invented inventing.

    But back to the point, lets put it another way, why does the SocJus set hate geeky people?

    - - - Updated - - -



    I came so hard that the Higgs boson particle became real.
    Super simple explanation for that.

    Men were there. So, they must be oppressing or harming women somehow by pure virtue of existence.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    There's just a lot of geeky guys who don't keep their hands to themselves. There's way more groping, inappropriate touching and comments in IT than anywhere else I've been.
    And yet this supposed whirlwind of groping only seems to exist in stories on the internet.

  14. #34
    Herald of the Titans Berengil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Tn, near Memphis
    Posts
    2,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    If a criminal offence was committed, then it is up to the legal system to deal with, not a commercial contract with a public humiliation clause in it.
    Pretty much this. If you can prove to the satisfaction of a court of law that some perv assaulted you, bury him under the jail. If all you've got is he said/she said, too bad.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I came so hard that the Higgs boson particle became real.
    TBH, that sounds quite cool and unexpectedly arousing O_o

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    There's just a lot of geeky guys who don't keep their hands to themselves. There's way more groping, inappropriate touching and comments in IT than anywhere else I've been.
    And why do "geeky guys," not know how to keep thy hands to their self.

    This seems odd, I regularly walk into D&D groups and card shops and save for them all staring at my ass and looking at me like I were a damn unicorn or bigfoot, I've never been sexually assaulted or so much as groped by a "geek."

    Been groped up by more pretentious hipsters than geeks.

    So whose "Lived Experience," gets to be valid here?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Super simple explanation for that.

    Men were there. So, they must be oppressing or harming women somehow by pure virtue of existence.

    - - - Updated - - -



    And yet this supposed whirlwind of groping only seems to exist in stories on the internet.
    aH yes, the Y chromosome, noted summoner of rape demons from the misogyny dimension.

  17. #37
    The Undying Kalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Στην Κυπρο
    Posts
    32,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Pretty much this. If you can prove to the satisfaction of a court of law that some perv assaulted you, bury him under the jail. If all you've got is he said/she said, too bad.
    Even worse, she wants to include a clause in the contract for a "sexual advance".

    So no smiling, no winks, no asking if someone wants to go for a drink, etc., otherwise her clause means you forfeit your entire investment in the company and get publicly shamed for it.

    Why would anyone invest money in a company where you can lose everything for something so vague and easily open to abuse?

  18. #38
    I can kind of see how start up companies in Silicon Valley might have problems with sexual harassment. You get a bunch of nerds who've never kissed a girl or asked one out. Suddenly they are put in positions of power over women they hired to fill marketing or management positions.

    That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

    Yes, I know I'm speaking in broad generalizations and the vast majority of nerds would handle it just fine.

  19. #39
    You know what... After really thinking on it. I have never seen a geek walk up to a women and touch her anywhere for any of the jobs I have had that were IT related but god damn I have seen it happen to other guys as a "Joke".

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I can kind of see how start up companies in Silicon Valley might have problems with sexual harassment. You get a bunch of nerds who've never kissed a girl or asked one out. Suddenly they are put in positions of power over women they hired to fill marketing or management positions.

    That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

    Yes, I know I'm speaking in broad generalizations and the vast majority of nerds would handle it just fine.
    Nice work. You totally made up for painting anyone who's never kissed anyone as a potential rapist with that insignificant foot note.

    Great job!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •