Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    That doesn't help. It has nothing to do with my MMR, and everything to do with how bad my team is vs the enemy team. If I'm at the level of the enemy team, and the 5 others on my team are not, then my MMR won't do shit in that case.

Like right now, another defense game. I get gold objective kills, gold damage, gold eliminations, on Tor, and most of them are on my handgun because my turrets don't even live two seconds when my entire team is dead constantly. Enemy pushes payload to the end without stops. So amazing.

Also, I think this was the sixth XP penalty now. A bit overkill if you ask me.
    Also one of popular design choices for matchmaking is teaming bad behaving players with bad behaving players, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Also one of popular design choices for matchmaking is teaming bad behaving players with bad behaving players, so...
    Yeah, this means nothing. Please give me a source stating that there's this kind of a feature in Overwatch, and please do explain what you mean by "bad behaving". Leavers? Just say "leavers" then, because that's specific.

I would even go the extra mile and make people affected by the penaly only be able to queue with other people with the penalty. Really, a badly lost game takes 4 minutes top, with the longest going around the 10 minute mark. Also you get more XP over time, to the point that a dragged long loss can award more xp than a fast win.

Anyway, i don't have many issues with ragequitters, as more people come and join istantly and there's a chance i can actually find decent people. I have more issues with spoiled brats (and usually verging on the bad side) that as soon they see the game going towards a loss, they just retreat to base and stand there afk because "if we go afk hey will win faster and i can queue again". Like, WHAT.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this means nothing. Please give me a source stating that there's this kind of a feature in Overwatch, and please do explain what you mean by "bad behaving". Leavers? Just say "leavers" then, because that's specific.
    Leavers, flamers, griefers, etc. Valve guys said that they use this for dota, riot guys said that they use that for LoL, it's just common practice, there is no proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Leavers, flamers, griefers, etc. Valve guys said that they use this for dota, riot guys said that they use that for LoL, it's just common practice, there is no proof.
    Right right and how exactly do they decide when a person is no longer on the list of "bad behaving people"? You're tagged that forever? That would be about the most moronic thing I've heard.

Right right and how exactly do they decide when a person is no longer on the list of "bad behaving people"? You're tagged that forever? That would be about the most moronic thing I've heard.
    They match leavers with leavers in HotS. Works on a strike system and has a duration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I'll explain the system better to you.

In Dota 2 you have what is called the "trash queue". Basically if you leave too many games as a ratio of games played to games left, (I think it is around 10% not exactly sure ont he number but the concept is there) you get put into the trash queue where there is no real matchmaking apart from trying to fill games as fast as possible.

You know that you are in the trash queue it says so on your hud when you try to queue. It says why you are there and how much time you have left in there.

What you also find in there are all the players that have been reported for bad behaviours in games that Valve acts on. Such as, feeding intentionally, harassing other players, using degoratory language etc. Players can report one an other for toxicity and then a valve employee reviews de logs for the game and decides if the player is guilty or not. Then the employee decides on the time you need to be in the trahs queue. Depending on the severity of what you did and if it is a first offense etc. So you try to queue and it says that you can queue but you are queueing with all the other toxic players for x more days.

So the reporting system is not abused, they give every player a set amount of reports per week. You get 2. If you use your 2 reports you can't report anymore. However if one of your reports leads to a "conviction" you are told so in the UI and given 2 more. So people who report actual bad behaviour instead of trying to abuse the system get a lot of reports so they clean up the community.

I think it is an excellent idea. If you want to behave like an asshole, go play with the other assholes. You are not denied service but you are forced to play with your own kind. This cleans up normal games.

Also leaving games is completely understandable when real life hits you and the buffer they give you is more than enough. I have left many times in dota 2 (2k hours played) and never got put in the trash queue since I don't do it every other game for trivial reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zcion999 View Post
    I think it is an excellent idea.
    Leaving shit up to players reporting others is about the most stupid thing you could ever do. So no. It's not an excellent idea.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-05-30 at 01:59 PM.

They need to raise the XP given for staying throughout an entire game... +250 is absolutely nothing.

But then that wouldn't stop ragequitters from just AFK'ing or base sitting... :|

Leaving shit up to players reporting others is about the most stupid thing you could ever do. So no. It's not an excellent idea.
    Did you read the whole thing ? A valve employee reviews the reports and acts as judge. The players cant harass one an other with reports.

By your reaction I would assume you are the kind of player that goes in the trash queue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    They need to raise the XP given for staying throughout an entire game... +250 is absolutely nothing.

But then that wouldn't stop ragequitters from just AFK'ing or base sitting... :|
    That is exactly what would happen. Just look at battlegrounds in wow.

I'm perfectly fine with a harsh ragequit policy.

From what I have see, the difference between a win and a lose is 250xp. It's nothing. If you keep fighting and try for some medal (and from what I have see, the medal are team based), they will give you more xp than Winning (150xp for gold, 100 for silver, 50 for bronze). If your team is really that bad, you should have no issue getting silver/gold.

I just hope that leaving as soon as I see the defeat screen do not count as early leave. I have no wish to see the POTG or see "EZ win" in chat.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha the people that bitch about the penalty are obviously the ones who ragequit at the first sign of failure. I know because I've lost more games than I've won even though it's still around 50/50 and I've never gotten it and I've played hundreds of games plus a ton more in 2 stress tests and open beta. What irks me is missing out on the 200 xp bonus for leaving that sorry group AFTER the game. Also, leaving right away and skipping all that crap after the game but then sitting in a queue anyways. Basically being punished for not staying with a bad group for multiple games.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by jycken View Post
    There has to be some kind of penalty for ragequitting in Overwatch, I've had so many games were people leave and it effects the whole team. I also had games were I join and I'm only able to play for 3 seconds before the game is over.
    There is a penalty, it should be stiffer in my opinion and there should also be a penalty for people playing like potatoes over level 10 , not doing objectives etc.
    Not sure how that would work though...the last bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Number1gentleman View Post
    Does it count as a leaver penalty If I leave the game in between next match & score screen to open my loot box? I didnt know that there's a leaver penalty lol yikes... -75% exp.
    The moment you see either defeat or victory on your screen it is safe to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Haha the people that bitch about the penalty are obviously the ones who ragequit at the first sign of failure. I know because I've lost more games than I've won even though it's still around 50/50 and I've never gotten it and I've played hundreds of games plus a ton more in 2 stress tests and open beta. What irks me is missing out on the 200 xp bonus for leaving that sorry group AFTER the game. Also, leaving right away and skipping all that crap after the game but then sitting in a queue anyways. Basically being punished for not staying with a bad group for multiple games.
    Don't play with random groups then. Lots of groups out there, there is a thread stickied that tells you what groups are looking for people, some are for anyone to join so long as you can keep from acting like a 12 year old with an ego.
    Don't hate the random group button because it does what it is intended to do, get random people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    With the lack of any real match making system it's a good chance that you'll end up in a team with 4 Widows, all your team mates being below lvl 5 while the enemy team are 40+ and a full premade.

I have no intrest in playing then and having to spend 10-15 afk just to avoid the penelty is silly.
    I have played 200+ games and literally never seen this. Leaver penalty is fine as it is.
    CPU: Intel i5-2500k MB: ASRock Z77 Extreme
    GPU: Asus HD 7850 RAM: Mushkin Blackline 8GB
    HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB PSU: OCZ 500W CASE: Cooler Master HAF 922

I'm torn about leaving early. I do it every once in a while, usually because of a persons lag or lag/tic rate issue in the game. I'm not going to play in a game where a person with a high ping get advantage because of the crap tic rate in the game.

Honestly MM in this game is crap, and MM in general is crap. The game needs an auto-balance. But at the same time, a mis-matched game is over so quickly there is no time for the game to auto-balance.

There needs to be improvement made within the game systems before a proper "quitters" penalty can be applied. I'm totally for rage-quitters being punished, but at this point in the games life with the play issues it currently has, the system in has in place is fine. Ranked could use a real punishment system though, joining Ranked is clear that you are in to play and will deal with the issues in the game as is.

Deleted
    Worst thing is when you join a losing game, quit out because you don't want to waste your time and then requeue back into the same game only to quit again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the reduce xp penalty is nothing. Wish there would be more, like those who leave games to often get paired up with others that also have done that.
    It just sucks when there is a 5v6 and ruin the game for the other people on said team.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    OVERWATCH::: Pay 60$ To get your ass locked out of what you paid for, fuckers!
    You paided $60 to access the game nothing more and that's achieved by booting it up and seeing it.

If you leave games you should be punished its that simple. You doing shit like that ruins games for everyone else.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD