Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemean View Post
    I have played 200+ games and literally never seen this. Leaver penalty is fine as it is.
    Lucky you. It's very common in solo queue.
    It's not fine at all, btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Lucky you. It's very common in solo queue.
    It's not fine at all, btw.
    It's not as common as you make it sound to be.

Tho, people quitting the game one after another of defense after getting rekt is more common, making it almost impossible for defending team to come back
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    I think the current penalty is pretty harsh and fine as it is.....

I have never "rage quit", but I did leave quite a few times because it was absolutely clear we had no chance of winning, and ended up with the 75% XP penalty.....I just stick around now, even if it is clear we are guaranteed to lose because we have 4 Widowmakers and a Torbjorn on attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It's not as common as you make it sound to be.

Tho, people quitting the game one after another of defense after getting rekt is more common, making it almost impossible for defending team to come back
    I don't see peoploe leave that often at all.
    I do find that people tend to AFK once they feel they have no chance and that really screws up the team as you're then stuck with 5 players against 6.

Removing the lever penelty would fix that.

I guess they will just continue doing whatever they are doing anyway. Also correct me if I'm wrong, I dont think there is a warning text (?) for people that leaves in middle of a fight, might help and make people realize "Oh shit, I will get punished for doing this" -thing.
    Last edited by jycken; 2016-05-31 at 02:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if you don't "rage quit" you should commit to games. Even if it's unwinnable stick it out or face the penalties. If you leave often enough that you get the penalties the problem is you not the game or other players. Also don't start games if you know you can't commit to them because of RL responsibilities. Your cat catching on fire anecdotes aren't what I'm talking about obviously

I would just say dont be bad... I know its hard but if you work at it you wont be so bad that people rage quit. Or dont be so good? That might be harder. Dont care about xp in the game. Just wanna play a good game or two. Will leave regardless.

Never ragequit in overwatch or any game in many years. It just game nothing else you dont die if you loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerrant View Post
    Never ragequit in overwatch or any game in many years. It just game nothing else you dont die if you loose.

Honestly I just wish the game would not throw you out so fast for being idle.

I mean I had some one ring at my door and it took me just 2 minutes to answer see who it is and return to gaming was thrown out.
    Same if you have to take a phone call or anything like that.

If you give a rage quiter penalty thats fine, but at least allow people to iddle for 2 min or so in case something happens irl

It's really the fault from a programming and design perspective. Complete 6v6 focus so as someone leaving actually affects the gameplay, more than a 12v12. And there are hundreds of people at any given second waiting for a match to be found, they should be able to instantly fill that empty spot so as to remove any disturbance. But... that doesn't even come close to happening. But besides that they need to give back filling players a HUGE exp bonus to make up for probably losing, no time spent, and no metals earned, all of each leads to less exp. Ideally make the bonus large enough so people want to be back filled if they are farming.

I've never left a game before, but ideally there shouldn't be a leaver penalty at all with these changes. Punishing people to the point they feel forced to do something they don't find at all fun just leads to an awful game play experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    Honestly I just wish the game would not throw you out so fast for being idle.

I mean I had some one ring at my door and it took me just 2 minutes to answer see who it is and return to gaming was thrown out.
    Same if you have to take a phone call or anything like that.

If you give a rage quiter penalty thats fine, but at least allow people to iddle for 2 min or so in case something happens irl
    2 minutes for a 10 minute game is a lot. I mean, you get 5 minutes to defend/get to a point. You spent less than half of this time AFK. Imagine someone being 10 minutes AFK in game of dota?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.