EXP question(able?)

So, i played a few games and something caught my eye.

You can get actually more EXP for losing than for winning.

If you lose but the match dragged on you get around 3,5k to 4k EXP.
    Yet if you win a game with ease (say the payload never stops moving) you only get around 2k.
    Isn't this kind of reverse? Do you get EXP/minute or something?

I think if you win a game fast and easy you should get an EXP boost and not be "punished" for it.
    What do you bunch think about this?

I quoted it for a reason.
    But you are kind of right, never saw it that way.
    Still, it only shines if you win steady and fast together.

So you're comparing losing matches that take a while to winning matches that go by quickly. What about comparing quick losses to quick wins and long losses to long wins? You know, direct comparisons.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post
    So, i played a few games and something caught my eye.

You can get actually more EXP for losing than for winning.

If you lose but the match dragged on you get around 3,5k to 4k EXP.
    Yet if you win a game with ease (say the payload never stops moving) you only get around 2k.
    Isn't this kind of reverse? Do you get EXP/minute or something?

I think if you win a game fast and easy you should get an EXP boost and not be "punished" for it.
    What do you bunch think about this?
    I've heard a few numbers fly around about how much exp you get, but the one most people are saying is that you get around 4.01 exp per second the match lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    So you're comparing losing matches that take a while to winning matches that go by quickly. What about comparing quick losses to quick wins and long losses to long wins? You know, direct comparisons.
    Long win is around the same EXP as long losses, same with short win short loss.

The thing is, if you are a quick winner wouldnt it be nice to be rewarded for this?
    As you doing something right i guess (or enemy just sleeps )
    Last edited by Zatachi; 2016-05-30 at 07:28 AM.

The thing is, if you are a quick winner wouldnt it be nice to be rewarded for this?

Ooooor... you're just lucky getting in the team with good players and not in the team with bad players.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You get more exp for a win than for a loss, but nothing major, which is why you might get way more exp on a loss where you did great than on a win where you did poorly. That and the time factor, yes, since obviously more time = more exp.

10+ Year Old Account

I suppose if you look at it from the other perspective, if you had a really close game, really pushed it to the last second, but lost at the very end, don't you think you should get a good amount of XP for the time spent and the hard fight you put up, even if you just lost out in the end? If a fast steamroll gives more XP than a long long loss, then it means any long stalemate even-sided games are very unrewarding.. which encourages you to just lose fast if things don't go your way, or else they'd have to either make fast games give HUGE XP (which has its own problems, not least of all playing as defender is worthless for XP)

XP Gain per Match
    Base XP
    4.01 XP per second
    You gain 4.01 XP per second for time spent in a match.
    Bonus XP
    50 XP - Bronze Medal
    100 XP - Silver Medal
    150 XP - Gold Medal
    You get bonus XP for one medal per match, based on the highest medal achieved. Example: If you got 1 gold medal and 2 silver medals in a match, you would get 150 XP, NOT 150+100+100 XP.
    250 XP - Match Finished
    You get a bonus 250 XP for finishing a match.
    500 XP - Win
    You get a bonus 500 XP if your team wins the match.

plus you get a First Win of The Day bonus which ive seen give about 1500 extra

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...vels_breakdown also has other info on XP and leveling

There's also a small bonus (I think it's between 150 and 200) for doing consecutive matches, rather than leaving and queuing back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    I suppose if you look at it from the other perspective, if you had a really close game, really pushed it to the last second, but lost at the very end, don't you think you should get a good amount of XP for the time spent and the hard fight you put up, even if you just lost out in the end? If a fast steamroll gives more XP than a long long loss, then it means any long stalemate even-sided games are very unrewarding.. which encourages you to just lose fast if things don't go your way, or else they'd have to either make fast games give HUGE XP (which has its own problems, not least of all playing as defender is worthless for XP)
    This is actually a pretty good thought. Didnt occur to me.
    From this perspective it does make a lot of sense.

Oh, and just if anyone misunderstood, i have zero problems the way it is, was just curious.

Also, i mostly do go game on game. Just break it if the enemy team is way to good or if they are bragging how ez it is (even though we have 0,001mm to the finish or something)
    Last edited by Zatachi; 2016-05-30 at 07:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a good thing EXP scales with length, otherwise the community will even MORE toxic REALLY fast.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Deleted
    the exp bonus for groups is annoying cos i dnt have any bnet friends and i never get invited to groups guess il get my loot boxes slower than everyone else and i aint buying em either