Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Maybe that's why things are so screwed up today. Everyone is trying to escape or ignore reality, when what they really need are the hard facts shoved right in their face. Fuck your silly cat videos, go watch some news about the events and atrocities happening in the world right now.
    For aslong as there have been humans; there has been escapism. From the first odd tales at the stone age fireplace, to Fast & The Furious 37. We, as a race, need to escape now and then simply *because* that life is life, and sometimes, life sucks. It isn't a sign of weakness, it isn't a sign of strength; it's a sign of humanity.

In short: No.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    so this thread was never about Movies to begin with .. OP just wants to talk about Politics and all that shit

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Boko Haram killing or sell off like a hundred school girls, all kinds of savagery being committed by ISIS, U.S. drone strikes killing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians, retarded amount of income inequality, massive labor exploitation in third world countries, and so much more shit that it would take a month just to list it all. But dumb fucking Americans would rather just escape from reality and watch "entertaining" cat videos instead of addressing the very real problems that the world faces. So again, fuck your "happy feeling" cat videos they accomplish nothing. If people were more aware and informed about the realities of the world, then it would probably be a lot better place to live.
    .... Yes, I do remember reading about a drone attack the other day that wiped out 100.000 civilians

Your thread was odd, and is now just getting really wierd and awfully derailed, thanks to yourself one might add. Being aware that your life is shit, doesn't make it, nor the world better. You yourself mentioned the poor girls that the Boko Haram are selling off to sexual slavery, those girls are perfectly well aware of their fate and that most certainly does not make their life better, nor does it make mine any better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Boko Haram killing or sell off like a hundred school girls, all kinds of savagery being committed by ISIS, U.S. drone strikes killing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians, retarded amount of income inequality, massive labor exploitation in third world countries, and so much more shit that it would take a month just to list it all. But dumb fucking Americans would rather just escape from reality and watch "entertaining" cat videos instead of addressing the very real problems that the world faces. So again, fuck your "happy feeling" cat videos they accomplish nothing. If people were more aware and informed about the realities of the world, then it would probably be a lot better place to live.
    First, let me just remind you that America isn't responsible for all the worlds problems. All we can do about violence is lower it here and fight terrorist organizations abroad. That's what we're doing.

Also, take a look at my thread for US stats. US Violence and Manufactured Outrage

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch the movie "Se7en", to the end. You will take your words about endings back.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    .... Yes, I do remember reading about a drone attack the other day that wiped out 100.000 civilians

Your thread was odd, and is now just getting really wierd and awfully derailed, thanks to yourself one might add. Being aware that your life is shit, doesn't make it, nor the world better. You yourself mentioned the poor girls that the Boko Haram are selling off to sexual slavery, those girls are perfectly well aware of their fate and that most certainly does not make their life better, nor does it make mine any better.
    Are you that thick? If major atrocities of the world were more publicized, then there would be a greater chance that action would be taken against them. But now you would rather watch cat videos because "funny/makes me feel fuzzy inside" or whatever other bullshit that doesn't make a difference.

Deleted
    Boko Haram killing or selling off like a hundred school girls,
    Has been happening for millennia by different groups, except the girls weren't in schools

all kinds of savagery being committed by ISIS
    Religion has been around for quite a while, as has the atrocities that religious nuts have committed

, U.S. drone strikes killing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians,
    Oy vey, been drinking that kool aid lately have we?

retarded amount of income inequality, massive labor exploitation in third world countries
    Ah yes, compared to Egyptian pharaohs and their slaves?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    First, let me just remind you that America isn't responsible for all the worlds problems. All we can do about violence is lower it here and fight terrorist organizations abroad. That's what we're doing.

Also, take a look at my thread for US stats. US Violence and Manufactured Outrage
    If the people of the world were more aware of the world's problems, then the world would probably be a better place. That is the point I am trying to make here.

7+ Year Old Account
    If the people of the world were more aware of the world's problems, then the world would probably be a better place. That is the point I am trying to make here.
    Yes but there is also such a thing as information overload and losing the forest for the trees.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curdi View Post
    Has been happening for millennia by different groups, except the girls weren't in schools

Religion has been around for quite a while, as has the atrocities that religious nuts have committed

Oy vey, been drinking that kool aid lately have we?

Ah yes, compared to Egyptian pharaohs and their slaves?
    And it will all continue to happen unless people start actually giving enough fucks to correct those injustices. You can ignore or escape reality through entertainment, or you can inform yourself about the issues and actively try to fix them. Currently we value fakness and "happily ever after" more than we do reality.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you that thick? If major atrocities of the world were more publicized, then there would be a greater chance that action would be taken against them. But now you would rather watch cat videos because "funny/makes me feel fuzzy inside" or whatever other bullshit that doesn't make a difference.
    are u opsessed with cats somehow? who the fuck is even watching cat videos when this was supposed to be about Movies and not some Youtube shit stuff .. we get it u want Movies to be like Real Life must be nice to watch Movies of a guy who goes to Work on Monday-Friday/Saturday and on Sunday he relax would rate 10/10.Or your shitty ISIS stuff .. we are already overfed by this shit all thexe execution videos every 2 days yada yada .. just jump on one of these shit Politic threads on here to discuss your ISIS/America is shit/World is doomed crap..and if u wanna actively fight for this injustice as u say .. well fly over there and stop them by yourself
    Last edited by Icoblablubb; 2016-05-30 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    if u want Realistic Movies go take a step out of your House .. Movies are ment to be *Entertaining* and not reflect the real world ... gosh whats with those threads these days
    Yeah, pretty much this....
    I go to movies to step out of my reality...more or less...and be entertained for awhile.

Only see documentary types of movies if you want reality...and even then know they are ENTERTAINMENT not research facts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Yes but there is also such a thing as information overload and losing the forest for the trees.
    Are you making the argument that some people can't handle reality, in which it's okay if they do nothing but ignore and escape all the bad things. Well people like that need to harden the fuck up.

So you're only concerned with the realism failures at the end of the movie? I'm sorry about your depressing focus on only the bad things that happen in the world, but making movies lame isn't going to help you as you're still going to focus on the bad parts of the world.

"Sure, someone made a quite realistic movie that reflects the truly depressing burdens of some people in the world, but a mere movie is nothing compared to the real suffering in blah blah place place"

10+ Year Old Account
    Boko Haram killing or selling off like a hundred school girls, all kinds of savagery being committed by ISIS, U.S. drone strikes killing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians, retarded amounts of income inequality, massive labor exploitation in third world countries, greed, corruption, and so much more shit that it would take a month just to list it all. But dumb fucking Americans would rather just escape from reality and watch "entertaining" cat videos instead of addressing the very real problems that the world faces. So again, fuck your "happy feeling" cat videos they accomplish nothing. If people were more aware and informed about the realities of the world, then it would probably be a lot better place to live.
    Because realistically we can do jack shit

Deleted
    And it will all continue to happen unless people start actually giving enough fucks to correct those injustices. You can ignore or escape reality through entertainment, or you can inform yourself about the issues and actively try to fix them. Currently we value fakness and "happily ever after" more than we do reality.
    I like me a gut-wrenching, bittersweet, sad ending to a story. Which is why I play Japanese Visual Novels.

7+ Year Old Account
    Are you making the argument that some people can't handle reality, in which it's okay if they do nothing but ignore and escape all the bad things. Well people like that need to harden the fuck up.
    ?? I had 2 points.

Information overload: The idea that humans can only productively absorbs so much information at a given time even if their senses can receive more.

Losing the forest for the trees: The idea that if you look at each specific incident too closely, you lose perspective of the big picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried being informed not only did I try to escape harder I wished for change more then ever and realized how pathetically powerless we all really are and that any rebellion could easily be bombed and nuked into nothingness.

We are powerless thus we escape reality

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    .... Where as creating moronic threads on an online forum suddenly makes all the worlds problems go away and thus you are quite the hero for "waking the sheep"? right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really you overestimate the average person power even in a group compared to our governments