7+ Year Old Account

How to deal with extreme defense turtle?

One thing that I've seen happen time and time again, is this extreme turtle when my team is attacking. The enemy team will have 2-3 torb/bastion, junkrat and at least one Reinhardt. They'll turtle in a section of the map where there is pretty much no flank potential to kill the team behind Reinhardt shields.

What's the plan here? I'm an average player and I don't often play with more than 2 people (usually by myself). What strategy can I use and get my team to adapt also? Usually I would go Reinhardt and try to push to the point where I can suicide to kill the enemy Reinhardt. Or just use classes that can burn down the shields and use Genji to kill the turrets.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious? Keep in mind I'm an average player, I sometime make good plays but usually pretty standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    There's nothing left to do but take our own lives.
    DH / Shaman / Warrior / Druid / Mage / Rogue / Warlock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laronda View Post
    One thing that I've seen happen time and time again, is this extreme turtle when my team is attacking. The enemy team will have 2-3 torb/bastion, junkrat and at least one Reinhardt. They'll turtle in a section of the map where there is pretty much no flank potential to kill the team behind Reinhardt shields.

What's the plan here? I'm an average player and I don't often play with more than 2 people (usually by myself). What strategy can I use and get my team to adapt also? Usually I would go Reinhardt and try to push to the point where I can suicide to kill the enemy Reinhardt. Or just use classes that can burn down the shields and use Genji to kill the turrets.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious? Keep in mind I'm an average player, I sometime make good plays but usually pretty standard.
    Junkrat junkrat junkrat junkrat.

Junkrat.

Lob grenades from safety, cackle as you aoe everything down and charge up your RIPtire.

Other than that you can play flanking characters and get in to the sides and behind them while your team distracts them on the front (if possible), or you could go balls out, pop a Winston ultimate and start jumping around on top of them while your team follows up.

You could also go Pharah and rocket them from safety. But Junkrat is always the most fun option.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-05-30 at 09:50 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's.... it's perfect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post

Junkrat.

Lob grenades from safety, cackle as you aoe everything down and charge up your RIPtire.

Other than that you can play flanking characters and get in to the sides and behind them while your team distracts them on the front, or you could go balls out, pop a Winston ultimate and start jumping around on top of them while your team follows up.

But Junkrat is always the most fun option.
    Yep, if you manage to convince your team to only take junkrat this is possible, also fun when it works out because the other team thinks that their combo is unstoppable

I've pretty much made Junkrat my main now ever since turtle defense has gotten more prevalent. Jumped my average damage and kills per life by a ton.

10+ Year Old Account

Junkrat.

Other than that you can play flanking characters and get in to the sides and behind them while your team distracts them on the front (if possible), or you could go balls out, pop a Winston ultimate and start jumping around on top of them while your team follows up.

You could also go Pharah and rocket them from safety. But Junkrat is always the most fun option.
    Pharah with Mercy buffing her? Those tanks are going down.
    Same can be said for Junkrat.

Seen quite a few PotG with Tracer blinking in and ulting behind Renhardt's shield as well.

Junkrat.

Pretty much. Even if you don't hit anything, you're still extremely disruptive.

The issue comes with a lack of coordination. It's pretty easy for the opposing team to fall into a turtle without much discussion because there isn't anything else for them to do at that point. Especially on Hanamura.

A little bit of offensive coordination should be more than enough to disrupt them. Reinhart's shields burn down pretty quickly when under constant fire, and having a Widowmaker prepped to blow up some turrets after the shields pop is ideal. A Tracer warping in, picking off anyone low enough from the scattered Junkrat bombs should be just disruptive enough for the team to wander in.

The biggest problem is people not understanding that their chosen hero isn't going to be helpful in those scenarios. I can't even count how many times I've had a McCree try to breach the brick wall. He just can't be useful in that situation, so pick someone else. Almost literally anyone else.

Once the playerbase has a bit more collective experience, it may get a bit better. Until then, explosions should do the trick.
    Last edited by Bashkar; 2016-05-30 at 10:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 Junkrats, 2 pharah, 2 mercy. I shit you not, it works. It is a turtle killer. They'll either be forced to change comp or you'll win.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll have to try this Pharah/Mercy combo I've seen talked about a lot. Now that I think about it I've seen a lot of Mercy's attached to them in the game and now I know why

Deleted
    I also have quite a lot of problems with these kinds of comps as well.
    Ran into a Rein/Bastion/Torb/Widow/Junkrat comp with a mccree flanking the attacking team the whole time.
    Could not get trough it as it was solo queue and no one would listen or switch from their "main hero".

We lost the game after taking the first point in less then 2 min (the russian map).

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sniper can do well against stationary target like turret or bastion. Reinhart shield is annoying for a Sniper though

Quote Originally Posted by Xaviaton View Post
    Seen quite a few PotG with Tracer blinking in and ulting behind Renhardt's shield as well.
    Against what the OP is talking about Tracer would not work at all.
    I was against 3x Torbjorn for the final push on Hanamura, and honestly Tracer would be cut down by 3 turrets before she gets anywhere near Reinhardt. Not to mention that at full HP the bomb won't even kill him.