Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the only overpowered heroes at this point are Widowmaker, Mcree and Mei. I suggest:

Widowmaker
    -Double widowmaker's charge time on her scope.
    -Make her ult's audio cue more noticeable
    -Cause her ult to cancel on death
    -Add scope sway when zoomed and flinching from damage taken

Mcree
    -Increase distance on Mcree's flashbang projectile
    -Reduce radius of flashbang explosion
    -Require target to be facing flashbang explosion to be stunned
    -Reduce damage of Fan the Hammer
    -Reduce ult charge retention from cancelling deadeye to 25% (down from 50%)

Mei
    -Increase time to freeze solid by 1.5 seconds
    Last edited by Uoyredrum; 2016-05-31 at 08:27 AM.

It only takes one person to realize they need a flanker and that's pretty much it. Now it's up to skills, the widowmaker can be aboslutly ruthless with her traps and keeping her distance, or the Flanker( Genji or Tracer, sometimes I get lucky with mcree and stumble on a widowmaker) wreck hers.

Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    This isn't a whine thread. She is a really good hero. And she needs a tweak because she's a really good hero.
    She is only as good as the player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabka Uhalla View Post
    Junkrat is so bad. His grenades bounce so you can move out of the way, and his rip tire is not only loud, but squishy, you hear it coming, you shoot that thing down in half a second. Easy.
    He's not bad at all, the bounce on the grenades is exactly what makes him good on suppression as it forces players, including WM further in to cover - and given how so much of the game is about buying time and preventing the other team move on to or with an objective; that can be really important. As for the wheel, yes it's squishy but if you're timing it so the other team are occupied it's devastating. Again, this is why he's so popular.

And honestly, I think the current balance is overall really good. I don't have any particular problems with any of the characters, I pointed out Junkrat because he's so incredibly popular. You pointed out his weaknesses, and others have gone through WMs; she's very easy to harass and keep pinned down. I play her a lot, and Reaper, Pharah, D.Va, S76 and a couple of others really have little difficulty making life very hard if they want to. In fact, Pharah/Widowmaker fights from either side are probably the most satisfying as they're both such strong counters to each other.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-05-31 at 08:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    She needs some tweaks. Her acid bomb should probably do less damage or not last as long, her charge rate is super fast and should probably be slower, her ultimate is so useful that most people play her just to give the team wall hack.

Honestly it's hard to find a reason to not play as her, since she brings so much and can wall an enemy team really hard.
    Widowmaker is countered by either another sniper or a rusher. If you keep her occupied you take her out of the game mostly. The issues start to multiply when you have multiple Widows on the opposing team. I personally think that Hanzo is the one that needs the nerf. You don't even really need to aim with him to be deadly...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    I think the only overpowered heroes at this point are Widowmaker, Mcree and Mei. I suggest:

Widowmaker

Mcree

Mei
    Too much nerfing.

Widow needs slight decrease in charge rate, McCree's Fan the hammer needs more spread(atm you can hit 3-5/6 bullets easy up to 15m). Thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabka Uhalla View Post
    Is anyone else getting sick of these whine threads about heroes being broken/imbalanced/overpowered? I know I am.
    Yes, I am. It is like: omg, this shit killed me 3 times now, gotta be OP... *rushing to forum to make a declarative statement about a hero being OP*

It is just stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post

Widowmaker

Mcree

Mei
    Lol no. Just no. Longer charge time, fine, but double? No. Cry more that you got sniped noob.

We didn't need another Widowmaker is OP thread when we already have one open. Yes yes, she's OP, balanced towards casual players not competitive, we all get it, move on.

She's extremely easy to counter and to take care of, I feel like any sort of nerf would make her completely unviable.

The only character that I think is unbalanced is McCree, but only because I don't think his stun+fan the hammer should be able to one shot tanks. It looks to do around 500 damage as Roadhog is the only tank I've played that survives it (albeit not for long). I think fan the hammer's damage and his stun's radius need to be reduced, but not by that much.

But back OT, any sort of character with mobility or lots of health can easily take care of a widow. She's absolutely useless against Winston, Reinhardt, Mech or Pilot D.va, and Genji. Every team is bound to have one of those at some point during a game.
    Last edited by Not A Cat; 2016-05-31 at 09:44 AM.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

I love how people automatically assume that someone is having trouble with a hero just because they make a thread. I play widowmaker. Shes very very powerful. If you don't agree that's fine but don't just assume everyone is bad at the game. That kind of attitude is just toxic and makes you come off as a douche.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I think should be changed is her ultimate, it really should only affect her.
    It's just too powerful a group cool down compared to any other ultimate.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    She's my most played hero, and I don't think she's the strongest (McCree #1, fuck that guy) but she's overtuned. Her bodyshots definitely need a nerf, it's far too often I can just wimp out of trying for headshots and just chug bullets into bodies and drop them easy enough.
    Body shot damage needs a little reduction, and that's about it I believe.

But there are definitely heroes that can smash her. I love ruining a Widow's day by jumping onto her face as D'Va or Winston, or sneaking around as Genji.
    But she definitely is a pubstomper.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

I love how people automatically assume that someone is having trouble with a hero just because they make a thread. I play widowmaker. Shes very very powerful. If you don't agree that's fine but don't just assume everyone is bad at the game. That kind of attitude is just toxic and makes you come off as a douche.
    It's because people are quick to make threads about X character being OP, usually because they don't like that they lost to them. Bastion is another one, he's one of the most annoying fuckers, but he's also squishy as hell and can be countered easily. Despite that, him and Widow get a lot of flack for being OP, but I don't think people put in an effort to try and counter them and are too quick to assume.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Only thing I think should be changed is her ultimate, it really should only affect her.
    It's just too powerful a group cool down compared to any other ultimate.
    Hanzo's Sonic Arrow does much the same thing, and it's not even an ultimate. Maybe people don't realise this and are automatically assuming it's always WM providing the vision?
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-05-31 at 09:52 AM.

In my experience the most OP hero right now is the turret guy.

He is literally in every game I play and is always one of the cards at the end with 40-50% of the team eliminations.

The turret is essentially like having an extra hero that doesn't really miss.

Not to mention 300hp (usually). More than half the heroes in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    In my experience the most OP hero right now is the turret guy.

He is literally in every game I play and is always one of the cards at the end with 40-50% of the team eliminations.

The turret is essentially like having an extra hero that doesn't really miss.

Not to mention 300hp (usually). More than half the heroes in the game.
    Genji deflect and Bastion will actually just kill himself, Hanzo and Widowmaker also do well, just have to find a good vantage point. Hell for Hanzo you just need to aim his E at the ground in front of a Bastion and that will do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    Genji deflect and Bastion will actually just kill himself, Hanzo and Widowmaker also do well, just have to find a good vantage point. Hell for Hanzo you just need to aim his E at the ground in front of a Bastion and that will do the trick.
    Meant the dwarf guy, not Bastion haha. Can't remember his name exactly

Oh Torbjorn? Well for one he doesn't get much use outside of defending control point maps, and tanky characters can get right in there and destroy the turrets without dying. And I think it only takes two(?) Pharah rockets to kill them as well.

But I agree that he's annoying, just not overpowered

10+ Year Old Account
    Torbjorn. Is a pain in the arse, again WM from a good vantage point (hard on some maps and depends on its own position), Pharah is decent too. Otherwise stand behind Reinhardt.