Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Overwatch" of Duty"?

Been hearing good things about Overwatch, however I'm very reluctant to buy it. Ever since WoD I've kind of been boycotting Blizzard, I don't want them to steal my soul with another amazing quality game only to watch them water it down and milk us for the lower quality.

I'm curious how you guys think Overwatch will proceed. Cause I'll always been skeptical as long as it's Activision Blizzard. These are the same guys that come out with a new Call of Duty every year, and probably the reason Blizz tries to pump out yearly expansions in exchange for lower quality ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    Been hearing good things about Overwatch, however I'm very reluctant to buy it. Ever since WoD I've kind of been boycotting Blizzard, I don't want them to steal my soul with another amazing quality game only to watch them water it down and milk us for the lower quality.

I'm curious how you guys think Overwatch will proceed. Cause I'll always been skeptical as long as it's Activision Blizzard. These are the same guys that come out with a new Call of Duty every year, and probably the reason Blizz tries to pump out yearly expansions in exchange for lower quality ones.
    You mean one. WoD was the only poor expansion.

Just watch gameplay on it and make your own decision.

How are we meant to support any decision when your making your own based on what Blizzard might possibly do to the game in the future. We're not time travelers and can't find this out for you.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2016-05-31 at 09:17 PM.

Well as long as you're keeping an open mind

Stop blaming Activision for Blizzard's failings. It's been made pretty clear that Blizzard is 100% in control of their development process.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I'm enjoying it, but I enjoyed WoD content as well, so...
    After all, you get what, 50 hours out of most popular $60 games out there? I'm already past that in overwatch and its only $40.

You realize Activision have 0 creative input or design at Blizzard right? All that company name is for is a holdings company.

Overwatch is pretty good just look at it like its a better TF2

These are the same guys that come out with a new Call of Duty every year, and probably the reason Blizz tries to pump out yearly expansions in exchange for lower quality ones.
    Blizzard hasn't been able to release a yearly expansion for Warcraft what makes you think they're able to for Overwatch? Same parent company in Activision but Blizzard and "Call of Duty" developers, Treyarch and Infinity Ward are complete opposites. Whether Activision wants it or not Blizzard is simply unable to release content as fast as they would like :P. Regardless, Blizzard has said that any content post launch would be free including characters and maps so...who cares if its free?

lol, it's an arena shooter that by all accounts is pretty easy to pick up as it is. this fear you have of it being "dumbed down" is... hard to justify as an excuse.

Stopped reading at "Activision Blizzard"

Another idiot who thinks that Activision somehow controls Blizzard development even though Blizzard explicitly said that's not true.

Yeah, I would not recommend buying Overwatch atm. Try TF2, it's an oldy but a goody.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

Another idiot who thinks that Activision somehow controls Blizzard development even though Blizzard explicitly said that's not true.
    Have a hard time believing that.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

But don't you see? That's exactly what they WOULD say if Activision were in control! They want to throw you off the scent! The truth is out there! They're on to us! *jumps out window*

Because?!? they strictly separate entities for purpose of making their individual games.

It's been activision Blizzard since your glory day TBC. Please fucking stop with the whole "ACTIVISION RUINED BLIZZARD". They don't fucking impact each other whatsoever. God forbid A company does ONE miserable expansion its like its the end of the god damn world for you people.

Uhm they have even said it themselves. That company like I said is literally a holdings company. But keep wearing that tinfoil hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Uhm they have even said it themselves. That company like I said is literally a holdings company. But keep wearing that tinfoil hat.
    I just feel that when they came together is when they started with all the microtranscactions in WoW. I mean just because they say Activision has no control doesn't mean I'm going to believe it.

I just feel that when they came together is when they started with all the microtranscactions in WoW. I mean just because they say Activision has no control doesn't mean I'm going to believe it.
    Then keep wearing your tinfoil hat. It's a holdings company nothing more. Sorry you don't understand that I guess. Also I doubt they give a shit about your opinion over the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Then keep wearing your tinfoil hat. It's a holdings company nothing more. Sorry you don't understand that I guess. Also I doubt they give a shit about your opinion over the facts.
    The hell's a tinfoil hat!? And isn't Activision a publishing company?

It's a buy once game.

If you're interested in it and after watching gameplay want to play, then buy it.

Enjoy it while it lasts before they go and "ruin" it =P