Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Yeah, that award is having made the best play of the game and getting a highlight reel. This thread reeks of you thinking you made a better play and being salty that you actually didn't.
    I main Zenyatta, I don't know what a POTG is.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play of the Game is just that. 'The Best Play of that Game'
    Doesn't matter who Won or Lost. it doesn't say 'Best Winning Play' whenever the highlight is shown.

Just because a Reaper, Junkrat, Pharah or maybe even a Hanzo's Ultimate stole your spotlight is no means to complain about it the forum.
    Be grateful for the win, and gaining more xp then the other team. And please don't turn salty or bitter. This is a new FPS and the last thing we want is the community to mirror Call of Duty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

10+ Year Old Account

This is a strangely appropriate video.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    I main Zenyatta, I don't know what a POTG is.
    Apparently you do, and apparently you're salty about who's getting them.

Maybe you should write ESPN, Sportsnet, and TSN and let them know that you don't think any great individual plays made by members of teams who lost that game should make it to their highlight reels. It's such an asinine statement that it almost doesn't even bear discussing.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

who cares? the potg and the voting at the end are just ego messagers. they don't give you any sort of bonus aside from Epeen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why not? They still tried to win the game, and they prob tried really really hard in doing so... I've had a few games where I lost but was realllllyyy fucking close to winning...prob should've won the games but didn't

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Just because you managed to kill a few people at once during the match doesn't mean you affected the outcome
    - Becaaaaaaaaause...?

Lady, you forgot the part of the post where you explain your point of view to generate a discussion.

i think it's funny that this thread was even made. PoTG has made a lot of people only care about PoTG and not actually playing the game correctly. Yea it is a fun thing that plays after the game is over but I don't think people should worry so much about it. Sometimes the plays that are chosen are actually not even the closest to the best and it doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    Why not? They still tried to win the game, and they prob tried really really hard in doing so... I've had a few games where I lost but was realllllyyy fucking close to winning...prob should've won the games but didn't
    hell, I've been in a few games where it looks like we will lose but are able to pull a win in overtime. then of course the other teams reaper who was on point being a pain in my ass gets the potg, no skin off my nose, even though I popped a resurrect that won the game...

10+ Year Old Account
    *shrug*

if tracer kills your entire team its the POTG everyone is going to remember

honestly i dont even care to watch the potg 90% of the time

Get gud and maybe one day you'll get the POTG

10+ Year Old Account
    that really doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand

Deleted
    They need to stop giving it to turrets.

It's not like every potg is just some reaper using his ult.

10+ Year Old Account
    for me it's usually bastion shooting fish in a barrel or a hanzo doing some gay shit like shooting his dragon through a wall

15+ Year Old Account
    And what makes you think the winning player's potg seriously impacted the game? Ive seen reapers killing 3 people with their ult, and a mercy rezing 3 of them at once, yet the potg went to reaper. Even though his ult didnt affect the course of the game.

I completely disagree. If someone made a better play than you, it doesn't matter what team they were on.

Why? who cares about winning when it comes to plays.

It could be made a little bit smarter though. Like bastions and tjorborns, but also big aoe ult heroes like hanzol and mcree, getting POTG got old fast. Especially heroes like Zenyatta get screwed over. All supports really. If you are doing your job as Mercy you shouldn't have 5 people dead you can rez for a POTG.