Thread: Tweaks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    If arrogance was an illness you'd be fatally sick. No one cares about you refusing opinions on your favorite hero. If you have an actual argument to make then make it. You are the single reason this community comes off as toxic.
    The irony of this statement...

So I read the OP post and all I can say is, the game has been out for a week and your ideas on heroes shows. Its kind of like if someone leveled every class in WoW to 20 then gave feedback on why x class is op in raids at level 100.

lol genji fine? what did you smoke..

he whas way to high mobility/ dmg output .

imo the need to increase his Cd on the shift and maybe even reflect or make the animation for reflect a little better on long range

10+ Year Old Account
    These are all the changes I would make to each hero to attempt to balance them out a little more. Some more major than others.

• Genji - I think he's fine, high skill cap no changes needed.
    Reduce his cone of attack on his ultimate. Eliminating someone should reduce cooldown on swift strike to 2-4 seconds, instead of resetting it. Eliminating someone while ult is active should reset swift strike completely.
    This should make Genji players to actually aim their sword strikes, instead of holding LMB down and aiming in general direction of a player. It also will give opponents an ability to dodge his attacks. Resets on swift strike give him too much mobility and basically his free get out of jail card, he should rely more on his agility, not on his swift strike to get from sticky situations.
    • McCree - Increase Recoil on his Fan-the-Hammer. It's very easy to maintain accuracy with it and it shouldn't be.
      Fan-the-hammer doesn't crit and/or it deals its max-range damage instead of full damage.
    • Pharah - Increase Direct Hit damage. She doesn't deal much damage respectively and lacks the ability to crit.
    No, her damage is fine, 120 direct damage is more than enough
    • Reaper - Works well, maybe decrease the time it takes to teleport. Nothing needed otherwise.
    Reduce his ult charge from ulting, so chain ults don't happen that often. Maybe remove his ability to gather medkits (souls are fine) in his wraith form. His teleport is fine.
    • Soldier: 76 - Higher damage penalty for long range shooting. He does a ton of damage from a distance and has a highly accurate gun.
    He doesn't do a ton of damage from a distance, he can reliably fire 3-5 bullets, then his spread kicks in and you miss all the shots. If you talk about his ult - it's fine and works as intended, you should look for a cover instead of trying to snipe him at long range when he has visor active.
    • Tracer - Increase the cooldown on her reverse time.
    Rewind gives you back 1 charge of blink if you are out of blinks. When you out of blinks you chronal accelerator malfunctions and blink charge rate is doubled until you get at least one blink back.
    Effectively it means that you are penalized for using all your blinks in one go, or for overextending. You should know when to retreat, and if you go all-in, you better finish your opponent off. Also remember that blink charges are generated as you spend them (i.e. when you use 2 blinks, you start recharing one, and if with this change, with 1 second CD left on blink you use your last one - it will come back in 2 seconds instead of 1. But if you use all 3 in one go - your blink will charge in 6 seconds, and two next ones in 3 seconds).
    It will give opponents an ability to actually chase her down if she overextends.
    • Bastion - Wider bullet spread on his turret mode. Shouldnt be able to be accurate when shooting a sniper.
    Limiting bastion to be close-mid range in sentry mode makes him useless. No, he is fine as he is. Maybe reduce his damage/armour in tank mode, it's quite hard to deal with it without Zenyattas' orb.
    • Hanzo - Scatter shot should be able to pierce shields.
    No, scatter shot shouldn't pierce shields. Them not piercing shields is a part of advanced mechanic of dealing with Reinhardt, when you use his shield to bounce scatter arrows between people he defends and back side of his shield.
    Maybe reduce his health a bit to make players to play more careful with him, instead of sitting right there next to soldier 76 they should do more flanking and using his passive more often to attack from unexpected angles and to avoid being focused down, instead of relying on healers/Reinhardt shield
    • Junkrat - Lower his direct hit damage.
    He is just fine as he is. Maybe make rip-tire to ramp up damage as it goes, so you have to roll it for at least 2 seconds to do full damage
    • Mei - Lower her health by 50.
    Reduce HP of her ice walls each one shouldn't have more health than Winstons' shield. Increase Icicle ammo cost.
    • Torbjorn - Sentry range should be reduced.
    He is fine as he is. Maybe reduce his point blank shotgun damage
    • Widowmaker - Charge rate should be longer to get max damage.
    Add slow to her venom mine, reduce its damage to 50. Improve her reload time. Reduce ult charge rate from fully charged body shots. Fully charged head shots (and headshot that finish off your target) should give the same amount of ult charge as fully charged bodyshots do now.
    It will give incentive to Widowmaker players to actually aim for headshots. It will punish bad Widow players (longer time to charge your ult), will give reason to improve to decent players (more headshots = more ults), and will reward good Widowmaker player (higher ult uptime + harder to solo kill due to venom mine slow)
    • D.Va - Either give her more health, or reduce the cooldown on her Defense Matrix. She's the easiest tank to kill by a country mile.
    Her headshot hitbox should be looked at, probably reduced, it's too easy to land headshots on D'va.
    • Reinhardt - Works fine, no tweaks needed.
    Time before shield starts to recharge (after lowering it down) should be increased. Maybe also increase rate at which shield charges.
    • Roadhog - Increase the time it takes to heal with his drink.
    He is fine. Maybe make his ult to be in an actual cone, instead of line.
    • Winston - Reduce the cooldown on his shield. Increase the Cooldown on his leap.
    He is fine.
    • Zarya - Increase the splash of her explosion.
    She is fine. Maybe improve her ult charge rate from blocking damage.
    • Lucio - Is just fine as he is.
    Increase his knockback cooldown a bit. 6 seconds would be fine and in line with majority of gap-closers, like Winstons jump.
    • Mercy - Reduce the Ultimate gain from healing people. She can rez too quickly.
    Make her amplified damage to go into her "damage dealt" stat.
    • Symmetra - Increase the shield buff to 50.
    She is fine.
    • Zenyatta - Decrease damage dealt and allow Orb of Discord to highlight a player (Like Hanzo or Widowmakers Wallhack)
    I want to give him extra shields to not be one-hit by Widowmaker, but its part of why he is balanced. He is fine. Maybe increase healing of his ult to low-health targets, and maybe make him be able to use his orbs while charging orb volley. Also it would be nice to see all 20 orbs fly around him, and they should be spent as he shoots them at opponents.

- - - Updated - - -

I like to think if it like playing a spy in tf2. He takes a lot of care and patience to get the most out of him. But not having that skill won't make him less fun to play.
    No. That's wrong. Abundance of cloak&dagger spies is what ruined TF2, it literally removed all skill from playing a spy

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah because your a font of knowledge and strong discussion.

My Roadhog nerf is more based on how he is overly capable and demolishing a team without the need of assistance from a healer. Having a reliable heal is one thing, but it shouldn't be able to outheal incoming damage from multiple sources.

In TF2 there is the heavies Sandvich which functions the same way, the difference being that it heals 300 health over 3 seconds. 100 per second, in which time it allows someone to engage and kill him before he can heal to full. Roadhog heals 300 health in one second but is only stalled for 2. It's very quick and it doesn't offer much room to engage.
    Sandwich replaces your only means to deal (crappy) damage on move. It also heals in "bites" (not like in OV, when it just gives lots of regen for the duration) AND it heals you to 100%. You also have an ability to throw it to your teammate to heal them. And it allows you to survive 4 rockets hits from a soldier (granted none of them will crit), spin your gun and murrdurr him. Sandwich also gives you ability to peek around corners (you go to 3rd person), while take a breather blocks almost all your vision.
    These are by no means function the same way.

Roadhog literally can't demolish a team, he has only 4 ammo rounds for his close/mid ranged shotgun and he has one of worst reload times. If Roadhog demolishes your team, you have to give him about 15 seconds to do so, while standing still and doing nothing.
    Also, it doesn't outheal most of incoming sources, especially from multiple sources. Even tracer can blink+unload headshot volley to you and take away 400 health from you while you stand there like an idiot
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-06-02 at 04:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Don't agree with most of these, but to call a few in particular out:

Pharah - Increase Direct Hit damage. She doesn't deal much damage respectively and lacks the ability to crit.
    Junkrat - Lower his direct hit damage.
    These confuse me. Both of these do 120 points of damage on direct impact. Firstly, that's a lot. More confusingly, you want the one it's easier to get direct impacts with buffed and the one it's harder to get them with nerfed. And we haven't mentioned that Pharah fires faster.

Soldier: 76 - Higher damage penalty for long range shooting. He does a ton of damage from a distance and has a highly accurate gun.
    Disagreed. At range his shots only do 5 damage or 50dps. That's actually made worse by the fact that firing at that range should be done in bursts, meaning you can't achieve that theoretical maximum. That's not overpowered.

Tracer - Increase the cooldown on her reverse time.
    Mercy - Reduce the Ultimate gain from healing people. She can rez too quickly.
    I think I actually agree with these, particularly Mercy. As game-changing as her mass rez can be, it charges really, really quickly.

Winston - Reduce the cooldown on his shield. Increase the Cooldown on his leap.
    His leap--and the ability it affords him to harass ranged targets and those hanging out on the back lines--is the only reason to play him. The CD is fine. If anything, I would like to see him be a bit more killable during his ult, even if he's more annoying than deadly with it.

Zenyatta - Decrease damage dealt and allow Orb of Discord to highlight a player (Like Hanzo or Widowmakers Wallhack)
    I actually think Zenyatta is too weak of a hero (not in terms of damage potential, but overall). A small health buff would be more appropriate in my opinion.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd nerf Genji's reflect to not work on ultimates, but that's about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Is Lucio really that good? Whenever I'd played, Lucio gets anniahlated fairly fast. Granted I'm only in the Level 30 zone, so that might make a difference.
    A well played Lucio is pretty unbelievable to go up against.
    Paying attention to health to switch songs/when or which one to buff, ult usage (amazing for diving with an ulted Genji, etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really only need to change D'Va, McCree and Widow in my opinion, maybe Symmetra as well.

Longer charged scope time, less damage on fan the hammer (should still easily kill anything below 250 health, just not as crippling against tanks), and shorter CD on defense matrix or her charge would make D'Va more useful.

If you change too much the entire balance of the game gets shifted. For example changing McCree to be good against anything close range but tanks will allow you to see Reapers more often, as right now McCree is basically a better Reaper. He can deal with Genji/Tracer, kill tanks, interrupt ultimates and isn't bad at long range. As such you might see 76 more as well.

Tank balance isn't bad, but seeing D'Va more often would shift things as well. Defense matrix being up more often and/or her rocket boosters would allow her to chase snipers or be far more disruptive.

Lastly longer scope time would just penalize bad Widows that only aim for center of mass. 100% okay with the damage it currently does, just charges way too fast. Headshots being one shots on most characters is absolutely fine in my opinion. Although like mentioned multiple times, D'Va headshot box is in a very vulnerable position while in mech form.

Not sure what you can do with Symmetra. I see a lot of people doubling up with her plus Torb on defense, because it's one of the few ways defenders can get enough effective HP to curb offense getting an advantage. When you combine 25 shields with the occasional 75 armor, it's a lot easier to keep the point. Might not seem like a lot but giving 50 shields would likely make her mandatory. Perhaps giving her sentries a quicker recharge time would be a better change, as it would make her a lot less passive. Right now she feels kinda meh to play as you you throw shields on everybody, place some turrets and then lob right clicks at people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think balance is fine, even McCree, except maybe for one shotting tanks with his special. Although there does seem plenty of time to interrupt it.

Only tweak is some Arabic voice emotes for Pharah, every other character seems to have them in their native tongue.