Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriedk View Post
    I appreciate your help. After checking again I have my CPU OC'ed to 4.1 GHz. If I remember correctly anymore and the system wouldn't boot. Not sure where I got the 3.5 GHz from. I honestly could probably try to OC it a little more as I was more of a noob when I was OC this particular PC.
    4.1 is not bad, much better than 3.5. You might be able to go a little further adjusting the voltage, but should be fine as is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    If you want reliability, get an EVGA - if ANYTHING happens to it, they will back you 110%. The customer support @ EVGA is OUTSTANDING
    Hell no that's a terrible idea. Never ever blindly trust a 'rebadger' of multiple OEMs. If you purchase from an OEM's retail line at least you can get a general idea of what the build is. SeaSonic isn't god like PSU manufacturer, but they're one of the more consistent OEMs. Delta and Flextronics are way better, but good luck with prices. (Antec HCP / Corsair AXi respectively for example).
    OEMs you purchase from, SeaSonic, FSP, Andyson and such you get an idea of what you get from their overall profile. Corsair for example however has almost every single of their PSU as custom design now bar AX760/860 which are SeaSonic ones (they don't allow custom) despite that they're either being manufactured by other OEMs, like CWT, Great Wall or Flextronics. Be Quiet recently joined that with their new PSU line with their own custom design but have FSP as the OEM.

Why I especially state blindly trusting EVGA is a bad idea is going to be noted below...
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    1)EVGA PSU is Seasonic ;p
    Depending on models and EVGA has a lot of em, and a lot of garbage.
    So the SeaSonic models in EVGA's lineup are the GS and PS. GS 550/650 are a different platform than GS850/1050 which uses the KM3S platform. PS1000 uses the XP2S platform.
    Now... here's where it get's dumb.
    EVGA's N1, W, B, BD, BQ, are all HEC. HEC is almost garbage tier OEM. They're workable and serviceable I guess but HEC is not consistent at all. Unlike CWT at least CWT can roll out the expensive equipment like they do for Corsair, HEC however does not really do that...

EVGA's G/G1/B1/GQ are FSP platforms. They're not bad, they're not great, FSP soldering and consistency are however are pretty good and clean.

B2/G2/P2/T2 are all SuperFlower platforms. The Leadex Platform (G2/P2/T2) are EVGA's flagship, so to speak. Surface performance and build generally are good, the caps in cable is not a personal favorite and would prefer to avoid it but it's not the worst thing ever. The issue however is the hold up time that they have. When power gets cut off or whatever for your PSU, there's a time in which it can hold on to an amount of charge for your PSU in the case of a brownout or power flicker in general it doesn't immediately shut down. Leadex platform has poor hold up performance so it can't reach the 17ms ATX spec. That is not the problem though, the problem is that in order to increase hold up time for the Leadex platform, Super Flower opted instead to fix it, is to fake it. Aris (psu reviewer) recently (well a few months, whatever) found that the Power OK signal, the signal that tells your motherboard that the voltage is within specs to run, does not turn off before the 12V rail goes out of spec, instead it turns off after. This stresses your hardware and potentially damaging it. It's not the worst thing in the world, but it's an unnecessary risk that I would rather not have. This is a practice that Sirfa also employed for a lot of their PSUs also.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2016-06-03 at 11:50 PM.