Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Blizz is not done with WoW, but as every smart person "he" - entity (company) knows that nothing lasts forever.
    While maintaining current 2 year - expansion route, they still have enough human resources to diverse their income.

If anything were to happen to World of Warcraft, because something would "come out" and "crush" the King (not destroy, but say impact would mean only 2 milions subs left) - they have other titles.

Furthermore, Blizzard stopped Titan, in my view there are 2 major reasons:
    - New generation of gamers (They tend to shift their attention to games like Hots, Dota2, LoL, Overwatch, Crowfall etc. ) more than MMOs
    - MMOs are in big big trouble, because they basically create environment for you to grow your character.
    Due to the amount of casual's nowadays(Im not saying playing casually is wrong, but 98% as Blizzard said of their playerbase are casuals -> shift from 40 rights to 25/20) things can no longer be hard to achieve, they need to be relatively easy and as such MMO's loose their pristine.

IMHO, I would not expect F2P before 2020 (2 000 000 active subs is still more profitable than 10-15 "f2p") - LoL creators said that only about 2-3% of players spend actual cash on game

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    Couple months ago Blizzard announced they will no longer perma ban anyone in the game.

Overwatch has some SERIOUS banning going on.

So why the change for WoW? We all complain on a regular basis and now with the new non-perma ban policy it's going to get worse. And now Legion has given out a coloring book for WoW in the form of VERY simplistic characters in regard to spells/powers. A blind monkey can literally faceroll a character.

"HAHA noob I gots my arena stuff BAN ME I'll be back next month"

Overwatch: "BANNED NO EXCUSES NO REASONING YOU ARE BANNED PERIOD"

So has Blizzard given up on WoW? What do you think?
    To be honest the explanation to this is pretty simple imo, wow is sub based if they ban the player they lose the sub, and since its already on a all time low I am pretty sure as a business they don't want to lose more. As for OW the game is buy2play so the money is already acquired so not much loss there apart from lootboxes, which i doubt bots or hackers want to sit and buy. Also OW is a new game they need to give it all their attention for it to grow, wow on the other hand already has a dedicated player base even the ones that quit the game almost 90% of the time come back for each new expac even if its for 3-4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    Couple months ago Blizzard announced they will no longer perma ban anyone in the game.

Overwatch has some SERIOUS banning going on.

So why the change for WoW? We all complain on a regular basis and now with the new non-perma ban policy it's going to get worse. And now Legion has given out a coloring book for WoW in the form of VERY simplistic characters in regard to spells/powers. A blind monkey can literally faceroll a character.

"HAHA noob I gots my arena stuff BAN ME I'll be back next month"

Overwatch: "BANNED NO EXCUSES NO REASONING YOU ARE BANNED PERIOD"

So has Blizzard given up on WoW? What do you think?
    Your first statement is false from the getgo. Friend of mine got perma banned 2 weeks ago for fish botting. Not even joking. Was trying to fish up the turtle mounts and was bored and he downloaded a bot to do it. Perma banned. Silently I laughed inside. So dumb. Permanently banned because he didn't have the patience to fish lol.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!