Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    There's an option for original, orchestrated and ost.

They really should have added descriptions to that because how are you suppose to know without looking it up?
    It's pretty simple.

Orchestrated = recorded via like orchestra

Original = computer generated

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's pretty simple.

Orchestrated = recorded via like orchestra

Original = computer generated
    Yes but there's a 3rd option for ost which confused me.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yes but there's a 3rd option for ost which confused me.
    That is the DLC code, which is the computer generated one at a higher bit rate.

Think of it as Orchestrated = new live recorded version, Original = as it would sound on a ps2 and OST = how the PS2 version sounded on the OST CDs.

So ff12 is my most disliked ff. I played the original without the zodiac stuff the combat is what disgusted me.

But I hear the improvements. Anyone think I'd have a better time this time around?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So ff12 is my most disliked ff. I played the original without the zodiac stuff the combat is what disgusted me.

But I hear the improvements. Anyone think I'd have a better time this time around?
    I didn't care much for it back in the day, But to be fair I was young and didn't give the game I real chance. What I didn't like about the combat then I didn't like now, it felt odd and slow.

That issue is fixed by enabling the 2X speed and now I enjoy it a lot. The 4X speed is insane and I avoid it lol. So those settings may fix ur issue u had with the combat since it makes it much faster.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

Depends on what your issues with the combat system where. If you didn't like how slow it was, or characters not being that versatile and locked into single jobs then yes those issues have been improved.

If you disliked the base combat system, it's still the same though.

The fast forward feature as well as auto-save have definitely made the game more enjoyable for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I totally forgot how awesome this game was.

The 2x speed thing is so awesome, makes it much more enjoyable for me. But the 4x speed is a little overpowered. I set my gambits and left my lvl ~37 team in Henne Mines Jelly Room for 8 hours on 4x speed while i slept. I came back to everyone having 42.000 LP.
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

I've tried both more and its pretty stand out why i dislike the new ost now. For some reason on a lot of tracks it makes the low notes from the original track high and the high notes low and sounds like when a tv show wants a theme not quite like the a teams for a parody and just throws a few notes off pitch. Its super grating when you are used to the original score.

Other than that no complaints. Things like the secret books, chaining, gambits the license grid and so on are really enjoyable in a 'you can blind rush through the game but theres tons of secrets and mechanics you can never see that are super rad' stuff. On replay this definitely feels like a better FF than i remembered. Easily better than the modern stuff like 13 and 15 and gameplay wise far more enjoyable than 10's rock paper scissor swap in, swap out combat that was far too easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoyed 12. I actually got stupid lucky, the day it released I went to a local GameStop to buy a copy. The one I managed to grab had a sticker on it for another, used game. I paid $9.99 for it on day one :-) The clerk who rang me up didn't even pay attention. Also bought the strat guide. Got both of them for cheaper than the legit price of the game lol.

While I am not a fan of it in any way, I'm rather surprised 8 hasn't seen a remaster yet. I really, really wish they would do 9...I loved that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

So after finishing the story I gotta say that I still don't really like the game. People complain about XV's story but that was alot more interesting than XII's. I mean it starts out pretty good but it kind of just falls apart about halfway through. Not a fan of the combat but at least fast forward makes things more bearable. Anyways I remember being disappointing in the game back on PS2 and unfortunately it seems my feelings haven't changed after all these years. Ironically playing this game has convinced to play XV again and finally play the DLCs.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    So after finishing the story I gotta say that I still don't really like the game. People complain about XV's story but that was alot more interesting than XII's. I mean it starts out pretty good but it kind of just falls apart about halfway through. Not a fan of the combat but at least fast forward makes things more bearable. Anyways I remember being disappointing in the game back on PS2 and unfortunately it seems my feelings haven't changed after all these years. Ironically playing this game has convinced to play XV again and finally play the DLCs.
    So you played the game and beat it, yet you don't like it????

That makes zero sense, even more so if u don't like the combat. On some level you liked it otherwise you wouldn't have dropped 20+ hours into it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So you played the game and beat it, yet you don't like it????

That makes zero sense, even more so if u don't like the combat. On some level you liked it otherwise you wouldn't have dropped 20+ hours into it.
    Like I said it was okay until the halfway point, I didn't hate it enough to quit (though I came close in the last few dungeons) but just because I finished the story doesn't change the fact that overall I didn't like it that much. Fast forward at least makes the combat tolerable.